Deleted

We need 3v3 Arena advice

Currently playing UH DK, Hunter and Resto druid in 3's.

We seem to be stuck at around 1.4k rating and a lot of the games go by quickly.

When we come up against Rogue teams our Druid dies first and dies fast, as the DK I have tried to peel almost any meele class from our healer.

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do? How do we protect ourselves a little better for longer lasting games? The hunters CC also seems a little useless because I am spreading my diseases to everyone.

I am managing to pump out the most damage in almost every game although that's due to disease spreading.

We also seem to have a bother with mage and ele shamy teams.

In 3's are there any general rules that must be adhered too in order to succeed?

Something tells me that this comp is a satisfactory one so we want to keep playing together as we know each other IRL.

Thanks for any advice.

Dont spread your diseases (on the healer) in general, just concentrate on mean single target dps, grip melee away from the healer and asphix them if he needs help, also peel with preasure so pop cooldowns in the start. Use cc on dps in burst cooldowns and in openers, but make sure that the healer is cced as well, as hunter cc bar scatter is disspellable and not spamable. Make him peel a lot.

Make sure hunter plays with solace glyph.

Also make druid reroll shaman/monk or paladin.

Deleted
    I'm no gladiator, but I have experience playing rdruid, so my advice will apply mostly to your healer. Before hand, there's a topic regarding rdruid in 3v3 right here, which I replied, so tell your druid to watch those videos and apply any advice in the thread given to himself. Just remember that the more specific you are in your questions the easier it is for us to help you: there's so many small but important aspects when playing against certain comps that without detailed information (especially regarding how you're playing the matchup) we can't help you much.

When we come up against Rogue teams our Druid dies first and dies fast, as the DK I have tried to peel almost any meele class from our healer.
    There a rule of thumb that determines that dps switches to us (rdruids) and that is being in close proximity with zero hots. Rogues have no major troubles keeping up with us (unlike warriors or dks), and the most likely reason your druid is going down so fast is because he isn't predicting switches on him. I'll give you a list of reasons why he might be dying. Ask him the following and if he's honest and changes his strategy, he won't die so easily:
    1. Is he maintaining highest distance from the rogue while you and the hunter dps? It's kinda hard to keep a dk topped when he goes mongo, but as long as he's keeping max distance he should have no troubles identifying a switch to him. If he's not good at it, tell him to put the rogue on focus and check when he comes the target (even helps predict incoming blinds).
    2. Is he keeping a reju on himself? Reju is our assurance towards switches on us: with a reju we can swiftmend right away (strong instant heal) and either clone one dps (the cast is so fast that it won't be that easy for the rogue to kick), put another hastened reju on us (or even replacing Lifebloom from the dk/hunter to us), or cenarion ward, a spell that can be cast even while silence/locked. At the same time, we have several small cooldowns (read: SMALL as in less than 1min cooldown) that help us survive even without hots on us, which us to:
    3. How is he using his defensive cooldowns? If the rogue dances, he should barksin. If the rogue opens with a garrotte, he should ironbark. The problem is that many rdruids (used to not being switched on) tend to barksin as soon as they get cheapshot: the rogue simple waits 10 seconds, then opens hard on him and druid is dead. Tell your druid that he will reach 50% hp many times during a fight with a rogue: if he doesn't learn when to use cooldowns he will die (it's not that easy to peel a rogue as dk imo).
    4. How is he using major cooldowns? He has: Might of Ursoc (used when he gets garrotted/out of a stun with rogue popping trinkets/cds) which he shouldn't delay until he's at 10% hp; he has deterrence with a 2min cooldown; he has displacer beast (is he using it after rooting rogue? is he using it in direction of a pillar to los him? Otherwise the spell is useless); he even can abuse wild charge in maps with Z axis (put mushroom on edge, everytime rogue switches jump down and then fly to shroom, use a macro ofc). And last but not least:
    5. Is he CCing? I like to put rogues on focus to make sure I reapply Faerie Fire when it gets dispelled, and notice that it will get dispelled many times, because other than roots/wyvern sting/trap (the last 2 won't even get dispelled much because they're targeted at the healer), the enemy healers will have time to do it (and good ones are always doing it). With FF is impossible for the rogue to restealth, making him way less dangerous. Tell the rdruid to reapply it early as well: if he waits until there's 5 seconds left the rogue will just los him and free opener on him again. Also, unless you're going for the rogue, the druid should be rooting/cycloning him as much as possible. Start with cyclones (you don't want a DRed root when he switches to you) and if the rogue doesn't seem to switch, start cycloning, especially to stop pressure and make him go defensive: a rogue peeling for his team is very easy to cc for a druid.

The hunters CC also seems a little useless because I am spreading my diseases to everyone.
    What Crruor said

We also seem to have a bother with mage and ele shamy teams.
    Completely natural: mage/ele are one of the most bursty comps around (apart from LSD everything with an ele is bursty ahaha xD). They got 2 interrupts along with 2 instant polies (poly + hex), so you make sure you're timing silencing shots and saving ams for the critical moments. Kill healing streams, try to purge the mage a bit, and I don't think ele at that rating are alert enough to ground your hunter's traps (in case they are, silencing shot after trap). Can't give more advice without knowing what exactly you're struggling on: is it the burst phase? Are they switching to your druid (if they are, is your job to punish the mage for leaving you alone, and let the hunter worry about creating a killing opportunity.

In 3's are there any general rules that must be adhered too in order to succeed?
    Yes, but the way you apply them can vary extremely depending on the comp you're playing. Example:
    - TSG is all about being offensive for as long as possible: that's what makes monks and palas so good with it (they can avoid much cc, healing from close range, and are great against melee cleaves themselves). On the other hand, God comp is all about windows of burst: they go defensive and prepare the game, and when orb is up they burst you down. Your comp is in the middle, but leaning more towards TSG, in the sense that if you don't get pressure early and be aggressive at the start, your spread damage will essentially become useless (read: not a problem for the enemy healer), and your druid will suffer the effects of being the only caster (aka, gonna start getting silenced/other cc while they cc you and destroy your hunter). The positive side of things is that your druid is the most offensive healer there is: his clones will not only help kiting melees, but increasing your uptime in your kill target.

Let me know if you have any more questions

Deleted
    Thanks very much for the massive amount of tips and information posted here. I will be referring our healer straight on to this

Some great druid tips here and amazing 3v3 comp information. We will be putting this into action asap

10+ Year Old Account
    Trinket rogue opener, blink away. Win. Keep himself fully HoT´ed up at the beginning of the match. Something tells me he starts in prowl, DONT. Be in caster form to keep HoT´s up at all time. The combination of Reju + Swiftmend + Reju + Genesis = impossible to kill during first burst. Also keep Ward up at all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I reckon at 1.4k mmr/rating your main issue in general is playing efficiently and your opener pressure as well as simply using your CDs. Depending on on if the rogue plays with a druid or any other healer your hunter could simply wyvern sting the rogue in the opener while you pop your CDs on the other DPS. If rogue trinkets you can stun him while the hunter scatter traps the enemy healer. Those actions alone should force quite a bit of CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    I reckon at 1.4k mmr/rating your main issue in general is playing efficiently and your opener pressure as well as simply using your CDs. Depending on on if the rogue plays with a druid or any other healer your hunter could simply wyvern sting the rogue in the opener while you pop your CDs on the other DPS. If rogue trinkets you can stun him while the hunter scatter traps the enemy healer. Those actions alone should force quite a bit of CDs.
    Id rather wyvern the non rogue dps, a rogue that plays like a retard and opens with cloak and evasiveness is nearly impossible to cc for a hunter, asphixs, i think, still goes through cloak so you can force a trinket with that.

if you are stuck at 1400 rating, just keep playing and playing tactics doesn't really matter just learn as you og, pick a target and discuss what went right and what you guys couldve done better, just play intill you understand the basic concepts and mechanics of the game and you'll gradually increase in rating, the tips and tricks People are telling you is something that will also come from experience!

If you are stuck at 1400, you should probably stop and consider:

1) How is your damage? Are you sure you know what is your optimal DPS rotation? Play some bgs and compare your damage to others, if you are below, go train. I mostly prefer training my DPS on dummies/PVE until I have awereness of my cooldowns and know how to dps properly.
    2) Do you know how other classes work? You know that you are losing to rogue teams, but do you know how rogues deal damage, what CC they have? How do you screw their opening? This kind of knowledge will allow you and you team to avoid most of rogue kill windows.
    3) Most important: Practice. Games are ALL about practice.

To be honest its the hunters or the druids fault most likely. A dk is mainly a dps bot and nothing else, a good hunter can easily carry you to 1.8k+, same with a healer but if you put a r1 dk into a 1400 team without him beeing allowed to tell the others what to do rating wouldnt change much.

Nearly all hunter comps stand and fall with the hunters ability to land cc (which isnt that hard), without it you usually wont score a kill unless you train healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't click your abilities.

Use binds, macros, focus macros.

Once you have that 100% complete, then worry about everything else. That goes for everyone on the team.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    If you are stuck at 1400, you should probably stop and consider:

1) How is your damage? Are you sure you know what is your optimal DPS rotation? Play some bgs and compare your damage to others, if you are below, go train. I mostly prefer training my DPS on dummies/PVE until I have awereness of my cooldowns and know how to dps properly.
    2) Do you know how other classes work? You know that you are losing to rogue teams, but do you know how rogues deal damage, what CC they have? How do you screw their opening? This kind of knowledge will allow you and you team to avoid most of rogue kill windows.
    3) Most important: Practice. Games are ALL about practice.
    This is your best advice so far. There is a lot of great advice in this thread, but you should worry about it later. As this guy said, if you are stuck at 1400 it is most likely not a coordination issue, or perfect cc chain issue.

Each of you should focus on its class' abilities and spells, make sure everything is binded and make sure you have your targeting set properly (whether its focus macros or arena1/2/3 macros, what suits you best). As suggested, keep practising and do BGs, try to learn all the other classes' spells.

you kill the oppenent and you win

Snuggli: Infracted for minor spam, please post constructively.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2014-06-28 at 05:02 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks everyone for some brilliant advice. I was practising my PvP DPS all of yesterday while boosting people and my opener has improved, however, I felt fairly comfortable before with that side of game play. Made some new target arena macros for death grip and stun which are working nicely.

Also played shadowcleave and TSG for a while which seemed to go much better than our PHD games have.