Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Do you have anything in the lines of a Marksmanship log, or more to the point, what percentage of the time are you casting Aimed Shot?

Out of curiosity have you discovered why pets are doing such abysmal damage?
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2014-06-26 at 11:31 PM.

MM only has chimera, glaive, kill and aimed... so it's likely a high percentage of the time

multi-shot also hits like a wet noodle

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Do you have anything in the lines of a Marksmanship log, or more to the point, what percentage of the time are you casting Aimed Shot?

Out of curiosity have you discovered why pets are doing such abyssal damage?
    Poor tuning. We need to see what happens in better itemized gear, but otherwise it is just that, poor tuning :I

Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    Poor tuning. We need to see what happens in better itemized gear, but otherwise it is just that, poor tuning :I
    Replace poor tuning with zero tuning; they haven't done a single tuning/numbers pass at all yet. I wouldn't expect anything to stay the way it is right now even for the duration of Alpha let alone Beta and then live.

Logs are completely screwed, but having dummytested MM for quite a while and done the Shadowmoon dungeon with it, you're casting Aimed Shot a lot with ToTH.

Only reason they do low damage is that they do low damage, they just hit for nothing, there has been zero balance/number tuning, so it's to be expected, but it still kinda sucks.

Deleted
    Thanks to the both of you for the reply. I expected the pet thing to be a tuning issue, but I was more curious if there was some sort of bug going around we'd have to watch out for when it goes live. (because you know, there are totally never any bugs in any alpha build ever)

Hows Lone Wolf for MM now that you can fight stuff without face tanking it?

Deleted
    What's the feeling of MM? do you find it fluid, boring, shallow.... compared to live. Does it feel ok despite being only "3 buttons" ?

Pretty OP, but mostly just because Munitions is merh for killing stuff speedily (being a Serpent Sting-like DoT) and Focusing Shot limiting your movement without really increasing your DPS on things that die so quickly.

Lone Wolf is like a ~25% dmg increase even with the loss of the pet because it does so little damage - not Focusing Shot nor Munitions can even get close to that when bursting something down, and chances are that unless it's a fairly high-HP level mob you won't even have to generate focus before it's dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    What's the feeling of MM? do you find it fluid, boring, shallow.... compared to live. Does it feel ok despite being only "3 buttons" ?
    Right now, it's so-so, but in proper raid gear with haste buff and addons that can let me see ToTH stacks properly I imagine it's a very very fun spec.

It'll get more fluid once my brain adjusts to the new focus costs, that's prolly the suckiest part of it. I'm used to the 45+50 kinda deal where I can Aimed Shot leading up to a Chimera if I know I can be at 95 focus by the time the AiS cast ends, and ATM I cannot properly track ToTH stacks (mostly just cuz it's waaay up there at the minimap) and I haven't gotten properly used to the 30 focus cost of AiS and the 35 focus cost of Chimera.

It's really fun with Lone Wolf because your personal damage output is so extreme, also raises the skillcap over BM single-target (BM prolly surpasses on cleavy/target switchy fight cuz pet control) by your damage relying more on you being able to tighten up your globals (viva la APM) and managing your focus than any of other two specs.

Don't get too hyped though, MM -can- still be the underdog in T17.

Dang, I'm liking the sound of that. I'm sure everything will be adjusted multiple times but I'm hoping it stays decent as I really love the concept of an archer running around freely casting big damage shots.

Yeah MM feels a bit turrety but it's really hard to do much without too many addons and just reading a combat log o_o.

10+ Year Old Account
    how is survival looking in the early stages, good, bad or indifferent?

I really wouldn't read too much into any kind of numbers right now guys. Spec and rotation, definitely, but numbers right now almost certainly look nothing like release.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    how is survival looking in the early stages, good, bad or indifferent?
    Empty

no more rapid fire, kill shot or (talent) stampede. with arcane shot applying serpent sting, it just feels bare

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    Empty

no more rapid fire, kill shot or (talent) stampede. with arcane shot applying serpent sting, it just feels bare
    This is true for survival.

For leveling, so far I have found SV to be significantly better feeling. MM is ok, but every time a mob is low hp and you feel like an arcane shot would do the trick, you have to hardcast an AiS or SS. (or kill shot, but when it's on CD it feels really bad). BM just feels like crap with your pet being so bad, and SV feels pretty empty without any cooldowns or executes, but it still feels pretty smooth for leveling.

Edit: I have been leveling with aspect of the cheetah on full time, with the glyph to remove it when hit, and I basically just kill everything before it gets to me so I can move around pretty quickly. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    This is true for survival.

For leveling, so far I have found SV to be significantly better feeling. MM is ok, but every time a mob is low hp and you feel like an arcane shot would do the trick, you have to hardcast an AiS or SS. (or kill shot, but when it's on CD it feels really bad). BM just feels like crap with your pet being so bad, and SV feels pretty empty without any cooldowns or executes, but it still feels pretty smooth for leveling.

Edit: I have been leveling with aspect of the cheetah on full time, with the glyph to remove it when hit, and I basically just kill everything before it gets to me so I can move around pretty quickly. It's awesome.
    likewise

with all those annoying swarm minions around, MM was clunky and awkward. I really wanted to be able to arcane shot them

10+ Year Old Account
    someone get me alpha. thank you

I actually like survival a bit more now. Also, it looks like they buffed focus shot from 100 -> 120%

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I actually like survival a bit more now. Also, it looks like they buffed focus shot from 100 -> 120%
    it's still lame, zzz

Instead of trying to give people a reason to grab it situationally, they should make an interesting talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    someone get me alpha. thank you
    I just got a beta invite, and I'm installing the alpha. /shrug