Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Newgate View Post
    I wanna be a BM hunter in WoD.
    Which 100 talent is best for PvE and PvP?
    Sporebat

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    There has been no number tuning... At all. We can't know.

It doesn't work like that either, anyway.
    What do you mean if i may ask? I'm not smartest :P
    Like you can pick what talent you like most? cause nothing is most Op or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

There has been no attempts by blizzard to balanced spells yet, so it's impossible to say what the best anything is until they do
    Retired hunter

For example, we complain about pet numbers being extremely low. It's because there has been no actual number tuning yet. With this in mind, none of the talents can really be tested for singularity strength quite yet and everything at the moment is just testing the spells for their mechanics, what they increase % wise, how they fit in rotation wise (focus shot) or just how often they tick. Multistrike questions from everything, testing how stuff feels and making a ruckus when things aren't feeling proper in comparison to other spell numbers.

After some preliminary testing, obviously based on completely un-tuned numbers and rough calculations since the combat log is exporting some weird shit atm (which is preventing the use of parsers), Exotic Munitions is currently the highest damage increase for BM. Focusing Shot's not too far behind - but honestly, feels very clunky to use as BM. The cast time feels too long for the window between KCs - it's workable, but irksome. After tuning, I'm still sort of expecting Focusing Shot to be #1 for single target when used properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    is Bestial wrath still in WoD and is it still a second trinket?
    And Kill command is still in there too?
    those 2 skills i want most as BM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Newgate View Post
    is Bestial wrath still in WoD and is it still a second trinket?
    And Kill command is still in there too?
    those 2 skills i want most as BM
    BW and KC are both spec defining moves, yes they are still there.
    Check out the Blizzard patch notes about classes and specs: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/134...18-2014#hunter

Evening lads, I hope you can answer my quick question.

I've gotten into the Beta, and as I'm doing some stuff on the Dummy, I still see Miss and dodge...

Are we supposed to stand at the boss' back now, or is it because the raid dummies has been scaled up to 100?

If we need to stay at a boss' back, this means that tanks (+ pet tanks) will still get parry/dodges?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganbai View Post

I've gotten into the Beta, and as I'm doing some stuff on the Dummy, I still see Miss and dodge...

Are we supposed to stand at the boss' back now, or is it because the raid dummies has been scaled up to 100?

If we need to stay at a boss' back, this means that tanks (+ pet tanks) will still get parry/dodges?
    I didn't notice if the dummies were 100 or not, but here is Blizz on the subject:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/134...#hit_expertise
    We seem to count for melee for somethings, but not for others, so I'm not sure about the behind the boss part. I'd hope not.

We never have to be behind bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    If the pet does 100 damage unspecced, Combat Experience makes that 150, increasing Combat Experience's power from 50% to 70% is a 40% increase, and the Combat Experience represents 50 of the 150 damage the pet then did, therefore 40% increase to 33.3% of pet dmg, or a 13.33% increase to 100% of our pet dmg, which is half our damage, making the total DPS increase 13.33%/2 = 6.67% (or just 6.7%)

So I was wrong.
    To greatly simplify the math above, the calculation for % change = [(new - old)] / old.

(170 - 150) / 150 = .13

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ganbai View Post

Are you fighting higher level dummies? I believe we still have chances to miss when going above +3.

Edit* whoops, I saw you asked that in the second part of your question. Raid dummies are probably scaled up. Try against a 90 dummy if they exist.
    Last edited by Aertea; 2014-07-02 at 05:05 PM.

Has anyone else been playing with poisoned ammo? Either I'm misunderstanding the wording of it, or it may be bugged. The tick damage never goes up at all.

Is there any indication what racial will be best for hunters in WoD? BM specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGelk View Post
    Is there any indication what racial will be best for hunters in WoD? BM specifically.
    It's too early to tell without proper number tuning. Assume troll or orc for BM right now, same as live.

Quote Originally Posted by BendakWoW View Post
    Has anyone else been playing with poisoned ammo? Either I'm misunderstanding the wording of it, or it may be bugged. The tick damage never goes up at all.
    I think it's just adding duration at the moment. I'm not sure if that is the way it is intended to work, but the wording is a bit vague.

Barlenor - <Refined> - US-Thrall - Armory
    Website - WoWProgress - Barlenor #1164
    Streaming Raids Tuesday - Thursday 8 EST - 12 EST

Re: the extremely low basic attack damage we're seeing right now.

Currently it looks like any source of +% pet damage (Combat Experience, Versatility (stat), BM mastery, Empowered Pets, etc.) isn't applying to basic attacks (it does apply to Kill Command and melee swings though).

This would explain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BendakWoW View Post
    Re: the extremely low basic attack damage we're seeing right now.

Currently it looks like any source of +% pet damage (Combat Experience, Versatility (stat), BM mastery, Empowered Pets, etc.) isn't applying to basic attacks (it does apply to Kill Command and melee swings though).

This would explain a lot.
    That's something that needs a Dev intervention on for clarity, because that would make it really broken for even TRYING to test it on beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Sporebat

/10char
    lol, as what I've seen right now, which is nothing of hunter pvp in beta, no one really know which is best spec... as to pet, old joke aside, its going to come down to crit buff, haste buff or multistrike buff.. for pets. I'm hoping Survival emerges as a true viable pvp spec, so I can tame a hydra so I can name it Ghidora(mind u the last version of him from Final Wars).... and yes I would name my hydra that too.. :P

It's not just Hunter pets doing sweet fuck all. Unholy ghoul seems to be doing basically nothing too (<10% of damage). I've no idea what % of damage a Warlock's pet should be, or I'd test that.

Starting to think it might be a pet-wide thing.

Deleted
    Is the Munitions talent as awesome as it sounds?

It makes me sad they've destroyed survival. I love survival.