Question about upgrades in 5.4.8

TL;DR for people that don't want to read this whole post: Should I focus on upgrading the BiS heroic pieces that I already have equipped to 4/4 (from 2/4); or, should I upgrade the BiS heroic pieces that I do NOT have equipped, so that I can replace my currently equipped non-bis with bis? (I have 2/4 upgraded non-bis heroic belt and boots equipped, but I have 0/4 upgraded BiS heroic boots and belt in my inventory). Another option is obviously upgrading the BiS gear in my inventory to 2/4, so it matches my non-bis currently equipped gear, and replacing them. What is my best choice for increasing my DPS?

Full story for those that care:
    So I joined a heroic raiding group very recently, obviously quite late into the tier, and I have a question about how I should spend my valor.

Very quick backstory: I was in a heroic group earlier in the tier, but only got to kill Thok once before having to leave. I didn't expect to be joining another group during this tier so I upgraded some heroic pieces that were not BiS, since I didn't have any reason to keep the valor. After spending my 3k valor, upgrading sub-optimal gear, not but 2 hours later I found the group I am currently in.

Anyway: this group is actually very skilled (in my opinion anyway) and, in 3 weeks, went from only killing Thok once (with only 7 full-time group members and cycling through about 6 pugs over 3 weeks before finding the last 3 spots) to being able to clear 13/14 in one night. Since they consistently clear so much content, I have gotten a good amount of my BiS gear from our weekly clears. I now have the problem where I don't know if I should be upgrading the BiS gear I have in my inventory to replace the non-bis gear I have equipped, or if I should upgrade the BiS gear I already have equipped to 4/4 from 2/4?

Another question I have is, if upgrading the BiS in my inventory is better, should I replace one piece at a time, upgrading it to 4/4, or upgrade both pieces to 2/4 and equip them at the same time?

If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by synphony5159; 2014-06-26 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Edit for grammar D:

For increasing your DPS? Ask Mr Robot it, honestly. I don't know the specific items so I can't tell you the best path, but yeah just use the "Best in Bags" feature on AskMrRobot with my stat weights found in the F.A.Q thread on this forum and find out what it tells you, then consider what your valor can give you.

Can also use the "Find Upgrades > Currency > Valor" thing to find out what is the best value-per-valor to upgrade.