Poll: Should you plan having kids?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even when a child is planned, things can go wrong, having stability and proper planner will lessen the burden.

Owing a home, a stable income and choosing the right area, is pretty important. That's not saying unplanned children wont turn out fantastic. I just think it would have to make a parents life much more steady.

planning to have 10 children and live off the welfare sounds like the best way to go.

but yeah no amount of planning can completely remove you from things happening. I personally don't want children so its rather moot to me, maybe when the time or option presents itself i might feel differently but i rather doubt any amount of planning will change my mind.

My girlfriend and I had a plan for when we wanted children, about 4 years down the road. It didn't matter though, because the odds didn't favor us (she had an IUD birth control implant and had been told by doctors she could never have kids after her cervical cancer) and we had a kid anyways!
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I have 2 kids, both of which were planned. My wife and I were married for 8 years before the arrival of the first one. It let us both complete our school goals and generally left us in better financial shape. My advice would be to take care of yourselves first, get your school done, save some money, then have some kids.

Sure, people who don't plan them make it work, but that's also because they don't really have any other choice. If they had waited a bit, their day-to-day lives might have been easier to manage.

Deleted
    Yep, I think it's pretty irresponsible to have kids before you're ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    planning to have 10 children and live off the welfare sounds like the best way to go.
    That depends on what country you plan to live in though!
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Of course it should be planned.

Not planning children typically leads to the ungrateful cunts spamming my Facebook about not getting enough and not getting it quick enough. Like hello, the government didn't force you to have sex... Be grateful for what you get, when you get it.

Deleted
    I currently read a news article on a woman who has had 9 kids taken from her and is about to give birth to another.
    She has no job, no stable partner, does not own her own house and has no intentions of even actively providing for them. I understand mistakes happen and that is fine, but those who just breed for the sake of breeding and leech of the government need sorted.

The human rights brigade can come dancing in preaching everyone has the right to bare children; but when you have no intentions of providing or actively looking after yourself or your child then personally I think you need stitched or have forced long-term contraception such as the coil or face prison/heavy fines.

And a side note on prisons, they should stop being holiday camps and be reduced to a cell, bread, water and minimal entertainment to save taxpayers money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    And a side note on prisons, they should stop being holiday camps and be reduced to a cell, bread, water and minimal entertainment to save taxpayers money.
    And here, we, go.

If you treat those in prison like scum, don't be surprised when they come back out the very same person they went in as.

Planned? Dat shit should be LICENSED.

On topic: All You Need Is Love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having kids at random. Priceless option OP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    And here, we, go.

If you treat those in prison like scum, don't be surprised when they come back out the very same person they went in as.
    I'm sorry I don't want to reward people who rape/kill and do other execrable acts to spend a few months/years in a holiday camp. Prison is supposed to be a punishment not a havens holiday complex.

Rehabilitation programmes for example such as dog training, catching up on GSCEs, or programmes to give back to the community are fine. But saunas, personal TVs/DVD players, swimming pools fancy meals and gyms are not the way to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    I'm sorry I don't want to reward people who rape/kill and do other execrable acts to spend a few months/years in a holiday camp. Prison is supposed to be a punishment not a havens holiday complex.

Rehabilitation programmes for example such as dog training, catching up on GSCEs, or programmes to give back to the community are fine. But saunas, personal TVs/DVD players, swimming pools fancy meals and gyms are not the way to go.
    I'm sorry I don't want to reward people who rape/kill and do other execrable acts to spend a few months/years in a holiday camp.
    It's not a question of rewarding them, but rather treating them as humans worthy with all that is entailed; Putting them on diets like water and bread is both cruel and unusual, as is also limiting such potential for rehabilitation.

And cherry picking rapists and murderers doesn't become of the entirety of the justice system, for every murderer there's 10 petty criminals, so on so forth.

Prison is supposed to be a punishment not a havens holiday complex.
    And this is where i fear we differ on such a vast scale on our approach to justice.

I believe that it should be a twofold path, one to protect the public from further offending, but to also rehabilitate such individuals to a satisfactory degree into working members of the public.

You seem, to me at least, to think of it to being confined to a 4x4 cell with no intellectually stimulating activities and limited to a diet of bread and water as the de-facto movement for it.

Rehabilitation programmes for example such as dog training, catching up on GSCEs, or programmes to give back to the community are fine.
    Agreed.

But saunas, personal TVs/DVD players, swimming pools fancy meals and gyms are not the way to go.
    Saunas i agree upon, personal Tv's DVD players not so much; Swimming pools are also agreeable, they instead should have equipped gyms, and fancy meals is a non-issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is best to plan it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    It's not a question of rewarding them, but rather treating them as humans worthy with all that is entailed; Putting them on diets like water and bread is both cruel and unusual, as is also limiting such potential for rehabilitation.

And cherry picking rapists and murderers doesn't become of the entirety of the justice system, for every murderer there's 10 petty criminals, so on so forth.

And this is where i fear we differ on such a vast scale on our approach to justice.

I believe that it should be a twofold path, one to protect the public from further offending, but to also rehabilitate such individuals to a satisfactory degree into working members of the public.

You seem, to me at least, to think of it to being confined to a 4x4 cell with no intellectually stimulating activities and limited to a diet of bread and water as the de-facto movement for it.

Agreed.

Saunas i agree upon, personal Tv's DVD players not so much; Swimming pools are also agreeable, they instead should have equipped gyms, and fancy meals is a non-issue.
    It's painstakingly obvious we have different opinions on the justice system but I would like to clarify myself towards certain phrases I have used, because I understand a lot of people miss the point on my bull-headedness and how I stick to an extremity when putting forward my thoughts and insights on matters. For example; "bread and water"; it wasn't a literal ideal I was leaning towards but merely putting forward the idea that bountiful feats full of wondrous food should not be acceptable in prisons. A basic and sustained diet is enough and isn't as harsh on tax-payers money.

I would continue putting forward my thoughts and insights this but alas I need to go! Work tomorrow and I can't stay up (sorry!)

Take care!

Deleted
    'If we would get pregnant'

uh-oh

on a more serious note: yes having children should be planned

Planned worked remarkably well for my parents. They waited for one kid to be out of diapers before having another.

Having them at complete random, while some people rise to the occasion, nowadays, most of them don't. Abortions, split families, and kids being put up for adoption I'd all say are less than ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Whether you plan having a child or not, just realize that once there's a child on it's way, you're living your life for that child, not for yourself.
    Aka the shit life
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Why is this even a question?

You should plan it, if you don't, then you are failing on multiple levels. This isn't an option like "Should I have breakfast tomorrow?" This is an option like "Should I cut off my left foot?" It is an action that will have lasting consequences for the rest of your life, and for the child's life. Taking it in vain and just rolling with it cause you feel like popping out a baby is beyond despicable.

Deleted
    Ideally it would be planned, but life is more often than not unplannable.