Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Movies] Marvel to begin 3rd phase with "supernatural" heroes.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/28...yXSFcs.twitter

for anyone who wants to read the article. basically marvel is going to start bringing it's supernatural heroes to the big screen. with the big name so far being Dr Strange. which I'm excited for even though I'm not a buff for that character. hopefully they can bring back blade (not a reboot if possible), and Ghost Rider (MAJOR FUCKING REBOOT).

what are your guy's thoughts?

Next time do a search for a thread.

Here is my thread for all things Marvel, post here to keep it all in one place.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-things-Marvel

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post

Em no, I think he's fine

OT: I just hope they do Blackheart some justice after that awful intro in Ghost Rider.

Also honestly, DC has the supernatural market covered, sadly Marvel doesn't have too much without getting extremely vague for some. Justice League Dark would be SICK. Sadly, we are talking about Marvel tho :T

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    "What if" could be a series on Netflix that might work.

Identity Crisis should be the next DC anime movie.
    You cared enough to post.

It's made sense from a development perspective. You start off knowing your comic book fans are likely to check it out, but you have to draw in the general audience.

They started with Iron Man. Grounded in fantastical realism, at its core, it's a (pseudo)science based, or technology, based story. Hulk is suspended disbelief science based story as well. Then they introduce Thor with its fantasy elements, but they still link it to science with the notion of parallel worlds or alternate dimensions rather than straight up magic (even Asgard magic has some hints of Earth science to it). Captain America is science based from the perspective of how he gets his powers. Building up to the Avengers, where we take the step to revealing humans are not the only species in the universe and aliens do exist, but even in the real world the notion of aliens as a concept is one that can be rationalized with science.

Still, this realization is a major earth shaker for Tony Stark, who is our original character and our link into all these ever-more-fantastic worlds to some extent. In Iron Man 3, he's actually having problems coping with the realizations from Avengers.

We take the space angle further this August and see what's going on out in that big ol' universe with Guardians of the Galaxy, though Captain America touched on the next step by mentioning Dr. Strange.

So yeah, the next step is magic and supernatural right here on Earth. More things that our current science can't explain.

Marvel's done it well, gradually introducing the general audience into more and more fantastical aspects of the Marvel Universe all starting from a grounded "this could be real someday" movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Em no, I think he's fine

OT: I just hope they do Blackheart some justice after that awful intro in Ghost Rider.

Also honestly, DC has the supernatural market covered, sadly Marvel doesn't have too much without getting extremely vague for some. Justice League Dark Could be SICK. Sadly, we are talking about DC tho :T
    edited for point.

remember this is the same DC that made green lanturn the movie, canned young justice, canned green lanturn:TAS, made teen titans go, made beware the batman, threw over 50 years of history and character development out the window to make dick jokes, slut jokes, and gay jokes, and still thinks that anything to do with TDKR is something you want for a movie.

expect the worst, hope if you dare.

JL: D's SOLE reason for hope is its director, Guillermo Del Toro.
    who has yet to make a bad movie, but i have a bad feeling about what the retards at DC might do.
    Last edited by mordale; 2014-07-02 at 11:55 PM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I know you created that thread, but is says that it's for the films of the MCU (That is to say it excludes Agents of SHIELD and the future tv series that are planned). Sky High's comment does belong there, though.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe Blade and Ghost Rider are both still owned by other studios are therefor cannot be used by Marvel.

Doctor Strange could be good but it could be a total disaster. It will be interesting to see how they handle it. I do know that the one phase 3 movie I was most looking forward to, Ant Man, fell way down my radar (like, totally off of it) because studio oversite chased off Edgar Write.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I believe Blade and Ghost Rider are both still owned by other studios are therefor cannot be used by Marvel.

Doctor Strange could be good but it could be a total disaster. It will be interesting to see how they handle it. I do know that the one phase 3 movie I was most looking forward to, Ant Man, fell way down my radar (like, totally off of it) because studio oversite chased off Edgar Write.
    Blade and Ghost Rider have already reverted back to Marvel.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

weve known this since like forever ago :P weve known about the doctor strange movie for almost 2 years now it was just a matter of them getting far enough into all the planning and story archs to announce it offiically.

now that theyve officially announced doctor strange its just a matter of time before they officially announce black panther.

i really hope the hulk and guardians of the galaxy team up movie comes true because THAT would be amazings
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Blade and Ghost Rider have already reverted back to Marvel.
    If that's the case, then I could totally see them bringing Blade back in some form. Nic Cage may have forever damaged Ghost Rider though. Then again, they are rebooting the Fantastic Four and Daredevil already so who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    weve known this since like forever ago :P weve known about the doctor strange movie for almost 2 years now it was just a matter of them getting far enough into all the planning and story archs to announce it offiically.

now that theyve officially announced doctor strange its just a matter of time before they officially announce black panther.

i really hope the hulk and guardians of the galaxy team up movie comes true because THAT would be amazings
    They are making both a Luke Cage and an Iron Fist tv series for Netflix so pretty much anything is game it seems. Right now it seems like Marvel feels like they can do no wrong so they are just adapting everything. I wonder how long it will be before this bubble bursts and people get sick of comic adaptations.

If that's the case, then I could totally see them bringing Blade back in some form. Nic Cage may have forever damaged Ghost Rider though. Then again, they are rebooting the Fantastic Four and Daredevil already so who knows.

They are making both a Luke Cage and an Iron Fist tv series for Netflix so pretty much anything is game it seems. Right now it seems like Marvel feels like they can do no wrong so they are just adapting everything. I wonder how long it will be before this bubble bursts and people get sick of comic adaptations.
    I hope never, or until i get my The Sentry adaptation

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope never, or until i get my The Sentry adaptation
    We are getting a Preacher tv series. That's just crazy. If that does well I wonder if we would ever see a series or movie adaptation of The Boys. It would pretty much be the anti super hero movie. I would love to see that happen.

We are getting a Preacher tv series. That's just crazy. If that does well I wonder if we would ever see a series or movie adaptation of The Boys. It would pretty much be the anti super hero movie. I would love to see that happen.
    I've heard rumours of The Boys movie being discussed, but Simon Pegg has said he feels to old to play Hughie

I would love to see The Boys as a movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see The Boys as a movie.
    That's currently stuck in development hell. Adam McKay (Who is currently re-writing Ant-Man; /sigh) was and is presumably still attached to direct. If it does gain traction again then I hope the material isn't butchered.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    That's currently stuck in development hell. Adam McKay (Who is currently re-writing Ant-Man; /sigh) was and is presumably still attached to direct. If it does gain traction again then I hope the material isn't butchered.
    Personally i would love to see it as a original one off story from the case files, rather then adapt the comic story.

They could probably lump Moon Knight into the 'supernatural' stuff for the Marvel movies. But that's just because I'm loving the new Garth Ennis 'reboot' of the character. It's probably hands down my favorite comic right now.

I would love a Midnight Sons movie. It could use Dr. Strange, reboot Blade/Nightstalkers, reboot Ghostrider, and get Morbius into a movie finally. We could have had him in Blade and Spiderman, but no, no Morbius for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jero View Post
    I would love a Midnight Sons movie. It could use Dr. Strange, reboot Blade/Nightstalkers, reboot Ghostrider, and get Morbius into a movie finally. We could have had him in Blade and Spiderman, but no, no Morbius for me.
    Didn't the Morbius reboot comic flop after like 3 issues?