Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Yeah I don't really agree with his point either, but if a white person had said the same exact thing to a black person on that show, they probably would have been literally crucified right there lol.
    /epic eye roll

sure, I agree that a white person can't get away with saying that sort of thing. so shame on Whoopi for not being the better person. but then again it takes something jarring like that to get though to some people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    As a "true white guy," I can't really be asked to care about whether it's racist or not. I'm pretty comfortable with who I am and my place in this world.
    seconding this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Doesn't she know white men are the most oppressed social group in the Western world these days?
    Nobody is trying to say that. "victim complex" posts just make you look silly when you don't post anything about the actual topic.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I don't mean it in a bad way,” Goldberg said. “But have you had the experience where … your (relatives) said, you know, when I first came here this is what they did to me and this is how they treated me and this what they said to me and this is what called me?”
    Also, this logic is especially odd for people of Irish descent. Why? This statement makes this odd assumption that white ancestors had it relatively easy because we are white. Admittedly it's not easy to tell if someone is of Irish descent by looking at them for two seconds, but ANY US history book will clearly tell you that the Irish were indentured servants in the North for quite some time and were cannon fodder even up through the Civil War. This of course was after the genocide and later famine that the Irish were fleeing from when the came to the US in the first place. Yes, genocide. This concept that only one race has a dark past is so insulting.

Deleted
    The guy who she said it to basically said, "minorities should stop complaining when we call them racist names" and then even mentions "Redskins". "Spoken like a true white guy" just means "it's easy for you to dismiss racism, because you're white", and I can totally understand that statement and I would've probably made a similar comment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The guy who she said it to basically said, "minorities should stop complaining when we call them racist names" and then even mentions "Redskins". "Spoken like a true white guy" just means "it's easy for you to dismiss racism, because you're white", and I can totally understand that statement and I would've probably made a similar comment.
    But that is basically racism. Say you are white so you don't experience racism is really ironic because she herself made it about his race, hence there he experienced racism! Good job Goldberg now he has!

Fuck she did not only make it about race but she also made it sexist too.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    That's freaking funny. But she does have a point. I guess that only a white guy would be confused about people getting upset about a racial word. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    /epic eye roll
    R.I.P. in peace "Correct use of the world literally" died circa. 1995...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    R.I.P. in peace "Correct use of the world literally" died circa. 1995...
    I did mean "Literally" actually. I would not put it past the "View" to do that
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    It's Whoopy Goldberg. Who cares what she says.
    This

#spokenlikearealworgen

Nobody is trying to say that. "victim complex" posts just make you look silly when you don't post anything about the actual topic.
    It's okay, I've learned that for some people following the flow of a thread can be hard. My statement actually makes sense when you put it in the context of the one I quoted in it.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    But that is basically racism. Say you are white so you don't experience racism is really ironic because she herself made it about his race, hence there he experienced racism! Good job Goldberg now he has!

Fuck she did not only make it about race but she also made it sexist too.

Pretty much, but I guess it does not count because he is white, and if you are racist against a white people just say "Like whites are ever persecuted against lol like you think you have it so rough!" even when it is blatant <.<
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    ROFL.

I might, I'll see if I get tired of this one.

Or I might get out some of my other classic DOS games avatars... assuming they fit the stupid 20kb limit
    Do it; avatars are the only way I can tell anyone apart on this forum! Like Magical Trevor guy, TF2 Heavy guy, timberwolves guy, and blue redemption guy . If they changed those, I'd be lost.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Pretty much, but I guess it does not count because he is white, and if you are racist against a white people just say "Like whites are ever persecuted against lol like you think you have it so rough!" even when it is blatant <.<
    See - where is the justice in the world when you need it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    blue redemption guy
    I'm lost.. unless that's me. In which case "Redemption" has a capital letter. Paladin Tier sets are proper nouns, yo

10+ Year Old Account
    See - where is the justice in the world when you need it
    You realize of course that you can care about more then one issue at once, right? Are you trying to say no white people are or were persecuted against? I don't understand your constant posts about how white people never have adversity.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm lost.. unless that's me. In which case "Redemption" has a capital letter. Paladin Tier sets are proper nouns, yo
    Only DK tier sets deserve capital letters. And not just the first letter, either. ALL OF THEM!

Anyway, I'm more or less inclined to agree with magical trevor guy:

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    As a "true white guy," I can't really be asked to care about whether it's racist or not. I'm pretty comfortable with who I am and my place in this world.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Lol God you guys... I've said "spoken like a straight guy" to a person off writing homophobia and discrimination, am I heterophobic now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Lol God you guys... I've said "spoken like a straight guy" to a person off writing homophobia and discrimination, am I heterophobic now?
    Are you scared of straight people? Then yes.

If you meant something other, then you just tried to insult him for being what he is, don't know much about him, but i can guess that he is straight bigot, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

You realize of course that you can care about more then one issue at once, right? Are you trying to say no white people are or were persecuted against? I don't understand your constant posts about how white people never have adversity.
    I don't claim white people have never faced adversity. But when that adversity is in the form of "Oh my gosh, she can make a generalisation about my race/cultural subgroup but I can't make one back; uh so unfair!" it fails to generate a massive amount of sympathy from me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Are you scared of straight people? Then yes.

If you meant something other, then you just tried to insult him for being what he is, don't know much about him, but i can guess that he is straight bigot, right?
    That does not mean that you can insult bigots though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't claim white people have never faced adversity. But when that adversity is in the form of "Oh my gosh, she can make a generalisation about my race/cultural subgroup but I can't make one back; uh so unfair!" it fails to generate a massive amount of sympathy from me.
    That is like..the definition of racism. Being able to comment about someones race (And sex in this case) but if you said the same thing back it is racism, is a double standard, based on race.
    You're a towel.