Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Nothing.

I've raided at a server first level for 10 years, all while graduating high school and college, maintaining various jobs and somewhere in the middle moving out on my own and paying for my own place.

Now I have a career, a home, a car, and I still raid. Learning to budget your time is easily one of the most important things to learn to do when you're coming in to adulthood. You can absolutely have your cake and eat it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing i guess.. although cata was kind of a waste as i bought it then pretty much ignored the majority of content
    "it's being bound to work or study that allows us to live like people." Illya

Well I wouldn't really say it deprived me but I often look back at my time in WoW and even though I enjoyed my early time with the game I probably stayed a year or two too long with the game. I missed out some amazing games on the consoles and some of the best single player games last generation. I should have walked when I did during Firelands. But I came back cause of LFR and then I got sucked into the game after changing realms and moving to Emerald Dream. Again I should have quit that summer. However, I came back and started new on Wyrmrest Accord which was one of my best times in the game. But I decided to call it quits for good last winter.

I recently picked up my very own console - Xbox 360 and I've got a massive back log of games that I am looking to complete this summer.

Now I know some of you will say that you can play both games and I see a lot of folks doing it but me personally I couldn't do it. WoW use to take up massive amount of my time. There use to be days where I would log in during the afternoon and before I knew it, it was time for dinner. An as a student with school and a job it got pretty hard playing the game and any other game. The only game I managed to play simultaneously was Skyrim and that was when I was just burnt out from WoW.

But games such as the Unchareted series, the Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, the Witcher 2 are just some of the games I wish I got into around the time they came out.

And then you have games such as Far Cry 3, the Batman Arkham games that I am just getting into, are some of the ones I am looking to play as well.

Now I've spoken with a lot of other friends and most agreed that it was hard balancing an MMO with any other game or single player experience. I personally think I am probably done with the world of MMOs at least those similar to WoW. Though I am excited for the Division and maybe ESO on the console.
    Last edited by NordWitcher; 2014-07-01 at 07:44 PM.

My sanity, well to be fair that was just LFR. Did fuel alcohol consumption. In terms of other real life sacrifices then would be helping a friend keep their raid spot in a hardmode progression guild when their work schedule went to shit for a month during my school crunch time. Was fun getting to test my limits especially with a class that I had previously failed so hard to learn before and playing with a group of players who took the time a bit more seriously especially with showing up on time. But that lost time for homework and studying wasnt so great.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-07-01 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I could go back and not play wow I would, I had kind of left gaming behind during uni, I do feel I'd be a completely different person if not for games. Probably the biggest thing is I find it hard to just sit and play with my young kids, I find myself gravitating towards the computer a lot. My fault though not gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Money. Lots and lots of money. It was worth it though. I had fun when I played, and that's what counts.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sleep and decent dinners mostly, I usualy start work at the bakery here around 5-6 am while my guild raids been to know to last from 8pm to 1am .thankfully we only raid 2 days a week =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing really. Only enriched my life. Wouldn't have been as close to my sister and brother in law if not for WoW. Wouldn't have met all the people I met through WoW, including my best online friend. Wouldn't have considered becoming a moderator, with everything that resulted in, and all the people I got to know that way.

Whatever time/money I gave up for WoW was worth it tenfold for what I got in return.

Deleted
    I used to be hooked on MMOs, especially Lord of the Rings Online and Guild Wars 2. I definitely was deprived of offline friends and any sort of hobbies away from the computer. I had some RL issues and was unemployed. I burnt myself out from MMOs and then other things in life took priority. I now have a job, some offline friends, play WoW casually and I'm able to finally play some games off my Steam library.