Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I feel like meta should be more like you activate it and dump until it's empty, waiting for the right moment (trinkets, phase of boss etc). Rather than just stance dancing and trying to keep it topped. It's just not fun or intuitive to me.

Deleted
    i think it's pretty cool though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    I feel like meta should be more like you activate it and dump until it's empty, waiting for the right moment (trinkets, phase of boss etc). Rather than just stance dancing and trying to keep it topped. It's just not fun or intuitive to me.
    At that point it may as well just be a 2 minute cooldown again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    If you're talking about snapshotting and not the way spells benefit from Mastery, then plenty of classes are getting 'some' snapshotting to preserve gameplay. E.g. Devouring Plague and Sunfire/Moonfire, to name a few.
    This. I know why they do this, but it makes the whole decision on removing snapshotting look like they wanted to completely remove it, only to notice afterwards that that would change too much so they kept a few exceptions. Nothing major, just...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingzor View Post
    This. I know why they do this, but it makes the whole decision on removing snapshotting look like they wanted to completely remove it, only to notice afterwards that that would change too much so they kept a few exceptions. Nothing major, just...
    Well they actually said they liked it as a mechanic so long as it was transparent and not excessive. It's pretty opaque in the default UI, especially for things like temporary trinket procs, and it led to huge variance for some specs, and that caused problems. Building it into mechanics in this way allows them to keep it transparent and under control.

With less snapshotting, Demo will feel even better. I don't think it feels awkward at all on live, but to each their own.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

I always thought demo was the most interesting and fun to play. Destro is too boring.

Deleted
    Destro is straightforward to the point its a bit boring, I guess the skill cap in destro comes mainly from CB timing and aligning CD's?

I just get frustrated with meta, I don't get to "enjoy" it as each time I shift in it's such a short duration. It shouldn't feel like a burden being in meta and make you think "must not waste fury". To me at least. I think there would be a better way have it feel challenging without feeling annoying. Don't have the energy to come up with sick suggestions myself though so I probably shouldn't complain.

The only thing I find awkward about the spec is there are some trap buttons for newer players. Shadowflame weaving is kind of... different, Chaos Wave is a bad button to press and Void Ray outright should never ever be pressed.
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynx View Post
    The only thing I find awkward about the spec is there are some trap buttons for newer players. Shadowflame weaving is kind of... different, Chaos Wave is a bad button to press and Void Ray outright should never ever be pressed.
    The good news is a lot of these traps are going the way of the Dodo. You'll still want to double stack HoG, but no longer have to weave. Void ray is also gone along with fel flame. Chaos Wave 'should' become more comparable now that Shadow weaving isn't required, but who knows if that is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinnin View Post
    The good news is a lot of these traps are going the way of the Dodo. You'll still want to double stack HoG, but no longer have to weave. Void ray is also gone along with fel flame. Chaos Wave 'should' become more comparable now that Shadow weaving isn't required, but who knows if that is true.
    Noticed in the patch notes earlier they effectively reverted the 30% damage nerf we got on Live on Beta, that should have brought it back into line - it was close and sometimes even worth using prior to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Noticed in the patch notes earlier they effectively reverted the 30% damage nerf we got on Live on Beta, that should have brought it back into line - it was close and sometimes even worth using prior to that.
    Assuming they did make chaos wave better when would we use it over HoG? I can only think o situational uses like it has now. Burst aoe like lei shin etc or to keep from being HoG capped while in meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depravitty View Post
    Assuming they did make chaos wave better when would we use it over HoG? I can only think o situational uses like it has now. Burst aoe like lei shin etc or to keep from being HoG capped while in meta.
    Always been the issue with the spell, one or other will always be more desirable use of the charges. Been saying so since last Beta, at least it'll be more useful situationally than it is on Live where there's virtually no situation where it's desirable. Was always good for PvP though, such QQ about the double CW crits that'd happen once every few hundred casts.

I played Demo during heroic DS and when 5.0 hit I had a hard time re-learning the spec, then when MoP hit and Affliction was the top DPS spec I kind of gave up on Demo. I never really learnt the spec to the level I would have wanted but I would agree that it's definitely awkward at first. However the main things which bother me about Demo (meta-weaving and doom snapshotting) will be gone in Warlords so I will likely be switching my Affliction spec for Demo since Affy looks like it's going to be horrible in Warlords.