First PC build need some help

Hello guys i have decided to build my own gaming PC and i was wondering if this is an ok set-up for my budget (600-800). I was wondering if it would work well together and maybe some tweaks here in there if needed ( sorry i can't post links yet ):

CPU Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core $224.99
    CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing $29.98
    Motherboard ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 $84.98
    Memory G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 $75.99
    Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM $54.98
    Video Card MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR $159.99
    Case BitFenix Merc Alpha (Black) ATX Mid Tower $34.99
    Power Supply XFX 550W ATX12V / EPS12V $59.99
    Optical Drive Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer $19.95
    $729.84

Budget 600-800
    Resolution 1920-1080
    Games / Settings Desired Play games like WOW, Diablo III etc. on high ( at least)
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)- N/A
    Country U.S.
    Parts that can be reused None
    Do you need an OS? No I got that covered
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? Would appreciate a suggestion for the build separately

10+ Year Old Account
    Certainly looks like you're in the right area for your budget. The one thing I would recommend right off the bat is to buy a couple extra fans for your case. Looks like it only comes with 1 pre-installed. Thats really user preference, but I'm a cooling nut. Only thing that stands out is maybe a different Mobo. I wouldn't want to give a recommendation because I'm a bit on the new side. However a more seasoned vet will likely post and give a better audit.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    To get to your budget, you'll need to deal with MIRs with this build, but it will give you the option to OC.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($75.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($106.81 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($159.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($25.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $803.70
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

I also put a SSD in the build, as it improves quality of life with the computer. You can easily add a HDD later if you need the storage, or you can drop the price by $50 and go back to the HDD now and add the SSD later.

I put the case in because it is a bit cheaper, though you can certainly go with your first choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Thank you for your help guys. I might just go with the HDD for now but i am planing to buy an SSD soon too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hamu33 View Post
    Thank you for your help guys. I might just go with the HDD for now but i am planing to buy an SSD soon too.
    The SSD is a really nice addition if you can afford it but not really required. In my new PC I have a 1TB HDD and a 240gb SSD. If you can spend the extra $60 on the HDD in conjunction with the SSD it will save you the hassle of putting one in later.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Deleted
    Since you don't overclock there is no immediate need for an aftermarket cooler. An overclockable build is always preffered as Idrinkwhiterussians posted but if you are certain you don't want to then you can squize abit more out of the budget. Similar to yours, you can fit a R9 280X that is alot more powerfull than the 270x. Also better (imo) case. The psu you got link is good for the budget but as an option i will include a better one. Its a little more than needed but at that price i think it worth it. With the addition of an ssd down the road you will be set.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-HD3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Mwave)
    Memory: Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($72.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($259.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair SPEC-03 White ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.00 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $796.93
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

A couple very good monitor suggestions depending on your budget, obviously the more pricey one is better:

Dell U2414H 60Hz 23.8" Monitor
    Dell P2414H 60Hz 23.8" Monitor

If those are expensive for you, you can give us a budget ballpark to work something out more suited.

I see what you are saying . I just have a quick question: What about MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR for the video card seems a bit cheaper ? As for the monitor i already have something that would work with the build but i would like to have something better to work towards thank you for the suggestions, i really like them.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    The 280x is a better card than the 280. I forget what the change is to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Ah ok I understand. I was just wondering . Thank you again