Thread: Shovel Knight

10+ Year Old Account

Shovel Knight

Has anyone from these forums got this game yet? If yes, how is the game? Want your bias opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the Steam version as well as the 3ds version. It's an amazing game, and it can be fairly challenging in some areas. The music is fantastic and the art/animations are great. My only gripe is it feels like Shovel Knight moves way too slow. I wish there was a button to make him sprint a bit.

Well worth the price, even if it's not on sale.

This game is the sexy lovechild of Megaman and DuckTails with a dash of Castlevania and Super Mario Bros 3 thrown in.

Well worth the asking price for the game.

And....that soundtrack. Virt yet again fails to disappoint.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Fuck this fucking game with it's fucking ass hard bullshit mechanics!

So much fun though!
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Played it through in about 12 hours, being a bit of a completionist. Really a well done game, soundtrack is great as well, and really the whole presentation is great. I don't have a single negative comment about the game. Worth the current price to me.

I jumped back into New Game + and the lack of food is noticeable. If you think you beat it with style on the first playthrough, and then go again with less healing, you realize how sloppy you were, and it makes you play that much better. To me, that is the mark of a good platformer.