Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
    Would be worth tweeting Celestalon about honestly. Only way we will get a real answer.
    Already been done, still waiting on more change announcements before doing too much. Its obvious that stances, like the rest of Warriors, are not final.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Not really related to the conversation of you, but... There was a time when Arms used to swap between 1h/shield to 2h (and stances...) all the fucking time at PVP and used to spend more time shield slamming to dispel than actually hitting with a 2h. It was effective because you could keep a 50% mortal wounds combined with a 50% healing output debuff of overpower (75% healing reduction), while dispelling any absorbs...

Blizzard decided that it was a too complicated gameplay I believe.
    There were a lot of things that happened once upon a time and most were not intended, which is why they are no longer possible.
    There was a time where there were light shields in the game, which both hunters and rogues used (lol alpha). There was a time in which we had melee hunters too.

Point is, Arms isn't designed or billed as a Shield DPS, even though they could use shields at one point (as you pointed out) they still weren't a shield DPS class, they were simply using a powerful trick to do better in PvP, something you see quite often actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    The utility spells were updated to be allowed in gladiator stance.

Deleted
    Looks like they're keeping their word regarding Tier Bonuses for Gladiators:

http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/165338/#18505-18522
    http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/165351/#18505-18522

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated to show the Increase of Bonus armor and some comparisons between specs to show the effect of Recklessness loss. (these are really rough because tuning has not come to pass.)

Burst comparisons PreTuning

45 second burst:

30 Second burst:

15 Second burst:

Since Bonus armor is the weighted so much higher than the other secondary stats, playing Gladiator without bonus armor will not be optimal. The difference between using Bonus armor on all pieces (that it’s available on) VS using other secondary stats is roughly between 3-5% damage.

Right now atm, for me at least, devastate isn't always proccing unyielding strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Velnora View Post
    Right now atm, for me at least, devastate isn't always proccing unyielding strikes.
    Lotta stuff is buggy. Requiel was using me as a test dummy yesterday and found that Shield Charge is unusable if you cannot charge. If you are rooted, or if the target is off the ground slightly (such as flying), even if they are within normal melee range, the game cannot find a charge path and the entire ability will fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velnora View Post
    The 45 row is currently useless for us, Heavy repercussions doesn't work with shield charge, Unyielding only has a 10% chance to proc and Sudden death isn't worth using over devastate.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can handily say that Gladiator Stance is single-handedly making me come back to main Warrior for the first time in three expacs

It is unbelievable amounts of awesome

Now to dust off the T6 transmog and sharpen up the Q'S, it's Shield Slammin' time!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Lotta stuff is buggy. Requiel was using me as a test dummy yesterday and found that Shield Charge is unusable if you cannot charge. If you are rooted, or if the target is off the ground slightly (such as flying), even if they are within normal melee range, the game cannot find a charge path and the entire ability will fail.
    This was pissing me off to no end testing the Heroics as a gladiator on beta.... Any off platform mobs which contains 1-2 bosses in each freaking dungeon will either not work or kill you by causing you to fall to your death. It should have it's gap closer removed.

Other then that I love the spec to bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    That's probably not a bug. As a Druid I can't Skull Bash a target if I'm rooted even if they're standing right next to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    That's probably not a bug. As a Druid I can't Skull Bash a target if I'm rooted even if they're standing right next to me.
    That most definitely has to be a bug, because Skull Bash doesn't do shit for your DPS :P

This sounds a bit like Ultraxion and shadowstep ( I mained rogue for DS the first time. )
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

That most definitely has to be a bug, because Skull Bash doesn't do shit for your DPS :P
    How is it a bug? By not being able to charge you can not use the ability, just like every other Charge ability in game?

It's a core rotational spell, rendering the spec unusable in fights you can't charge.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Possible solution: Glyph that returns you to your original position when you shield charge.

Like Spring Attack from DNDv4.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    How is it a bug? By not being able to charge you can not use the ability, just like every other Charge ability in game?
    It's a bug because if it's not a bug, Gladiator is useless in ANY situation where you have no Charge path. They wouldn't dare.

It's a bug because if it's not a bug, Gladiator is useless in ANY situation where you have no Charge path. They wouldn't dare.
    Current Heroic Leap

HL is a utility spell
    Shield Charge is the core ability of Glad rotation, so this NEED to be a bug
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

Hey, I'm just trying to argue Blizzard's inane point of view. The fact that Shield Charge, you know, charges a target means that it shouldn't work if you're rooted. Otherwise they need to remove the charge effect from the ability.

This is the same as Killing Spree. We just need a glyph to bring us back to where we started ( like they did with Killing Spree ). Or they need to add the "Ragnaros effect" so we end up in front for it. I got that coined term from a wowhead post btw
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog