Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    As a gladiator should I use protection loot specziliation in personal on every boss? Or go fury/arms on certain? If so, what determines that?

Quote Originally Posted by Qisse View Post
    As a gladiator should I use protection loot specziliation in personal on every boss? Or go fury/arms on certain? If so, what determines that?
    Bonus armour gives AP iirc
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post
    Well, execute doesn't benefit from SC, completely kills the flow of the rotation and is otherwise not worth using. Unyielding strikes makes the rotation flow better while increasing cleave by a lot. I'd consider US mandatory on cleave/aoe fights, Heavy repercussions could be good for fights with a quick burst phase but the flat dps over time isn't as good. This is just my feel so far playing at 630~ in heroics after having played it on the beta a good bit.

So execute isn't worth using at all?

Thanks for the reply, that clarified a few things.

In pvp I'm using execute a lot and I run with Sudden Death, hits like a truck

Quote Originally Posted by brutallord View Post
    In pvp I'm using execute a lot and I run with Sudden Death, hits like a truck
    You do 50% more DMG with Execute when wielding a one-handed, unless they changed that.

I hate to be one to talk like this but in their current state if they nerf Glad. then I will reroll. They would have to bring back reforging for me to consider fury and arms was designed by an infant picking things out of a hat. Glad spec is pretty fun and actually takes a little common sense to know what you are doing. Having a choice or at least some say so on our stats with reforging was a big deal. Trying to play fury with 10% crit is abysmally brutal and with all the changes to the game asking players to farm specific items from dungeon (BiS) is unrealistic when we had the tool to correct some of the bad rng with gear drops.
    Having control over the stats and blowing up with crit rating is what made fury fun

Unless they redesign arms or at least add something competitive to eliminate the WW spam thinking about going to go back to dk
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by LeoDT View Post
    So execute isn't worth using at all?

Thanks for the reply, that clarified a few things.
    Execute is a minor dps gain when used correctly during execute phase, but the problem is, it makes the rotation even more complicated than it is. Generally speaking, a HS-Dev combo does more damage in one GCD while ALSO giving you a potential SnB proc.

Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    Execute is a minor dps gain when used correctly during execute phase, but the problem is, it makes the rotation even more complicated than it is. Generally speaking, a HS-Dev combo does more damage in one GCD while ALSO giving you a potential SnB proc.
    It is very minor and only really worth doing on the last GCD before SS, because of that potential SnB proc. The only time it's really worth doing is when the target is about to die but I honestly wouldn't bother. I don't even have it bound anymore.

Honestly I wish they'd just remove it and replace Sudden Death with something worthwhile. Unless it got meaningful interaction, such as inheriting Devastates chance to proc SnB and increased damage from Shield Charge, effectively replacing HS and Dev sub 20%, similar to Blindside/Backstab for Assasination Rogues; it is the epitome of Button Bloat and simply has no place in our rotation, on our bars, or in the spec. Goes double for Protection.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that I think about it, that would actually be pretty interesting design for Glad, spice up the Execute Phase and give a reason to keep the button (and talent).

Above 20%
    SS > Rev > Dev - HS during SC and to manage rage.

Sub 20%
    SS > Rev > Execute - Execute continues to proc SnB just like Devastate and fills the rage dump role of Heroic Strike. The rotation therefore changes very little, only you trade some extra button presses for more damage via Execute, which builds what I think of as a very Warrior-like theme of focusing your attacks during the Execute phase and dumping everything you've got into that one attack. Any free GCDs due to rage starvation (or pooling for SC) could still be filled by Devastate.

Sudden Death would essentially fill the same role as Blindside for Assassination Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Snip
    I love this idea!

10+ Year Old Account
    Archi is working on a more robust guide. I am trying to convince him to work with Requiel on just integrating it with his OP, to consolidate, despite them being each others nemesis. More updates soon.

Hei , anyone has a weakaura for Shield Charge?I would love one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromgar View Post
    Hei , anyone has a weakaura for Shield Charge?I would love one.
    Code:
    dWt1caGELQ0lLuPDrs61kv1mLuL5QcmBOomPwMcDBHAysyNuQ9I2nvTFsQFQI6Ve0VvvNxszOkvyWuWWvWbjjoTGJjjNJqwifzPsQyXQqTCL8qk0tbpwL65uzCQstvrtgIPl1fjGRsGEMeDDsSrkQtQk2mr2UkYhvQIVQujttP8DviJusv9zHmAkz8kvQlPur3IqDnvY9ubDzrBdsFJOMvCsqZjbWkKye1gmAPxrjHhFNlj9DEWZ937oqLJd4qxt4U0Rv4VecwHeJShf9cHnbhHrvluvKQYeIjGqaHtcsFFdH9M0ECJasWnG11GwFVVJWohiG)AeojS(4KtcXk4oWjB2eAno9nNeIvWDGt2SjS03jNeIvWDGt2SztyLrHVFwBijeU)EcbecGviXiQny0sVIsc1olj5YMMfFvw9EvowiQ4DCe9cLsI3Uii99TzSoYryw)hJ19SGZ69ylaHEfIIYfNeCdjg)GqOcvekQmH)r(ZECnAIGxhNooPDfbWkKye1gmAPxrjBcEDCk8pKlD)xeo8qcEDCsaScjgrTbJw6vusqXLcv8HMMi4gsm2whN0UGqEk9nbvU7W3R2GGo9X4KGIlf61XjnrqXLcDdjgBRJtAIGBiX4hehN0UI2vYVYOVSjO4ZtPVjOv6pbfxk0nKy8dcnrqsbJD3ApnXMWrbK2IMLLrll3kfjJIkQugTGsI3qjS7ZssUSPzXVBfOYvYYJIqlkVE3OK4TlcsFFtqa8jbFuBqfCl2833e8kXZvikkxoAxrWkdrwnnlFjQs(96TOSyCSSeLsI3qj4A99(UD8d(MGrbSNcuh2eor7QTXc2Ka
    Just a simple icon weak aura with timer.

I have a few questions....

Are you macro-ing Shield Charge with any other abilities? if so which one(s)?

Should we treat Shield Charge like a CSmash? Kinda wait for SSlam to be ready and pool alittle rage possibly then use SCharge and go nuts with SSlam, Revenge, and HStrikes?

you guys using SSlam and Revenge outside of SCHarge often?
    Last edited by Elvendragoon; 2014-11-21 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    He was doing lower level dungeons, so hitting lower level mobs made him hit harder, as designed.
    No it doesn't make him hit harder. Don't post wrong info pls.

I have some questions as well...

1. Is it worth delaying SS to guarantee they go off during SC? Like, lets say your SS is off CD, and SC is coming up in like 2 seconds. Should I delay SS? I try to only use SC when SS is off CD as well to guarantee at least two SS.

2. Is it worth delaying SC to make sure you get a Revenge off during it? Since Revenge has a 9 second CD and SC lasts 7 seconds, I typically won't use SC until Rev drops to like 6s or so on CD.

3. Do you ever use your 2nd SC while the first is still up?

4. For AOE(3+ targets), do you ignore HS completely(even with Glyph of Cleave)and basically just replace it with TC? Do you only HS during SC? I find it very difficult to have the rage to HS AND TC during AOE, and I'm pretty sure you still want to be using SC.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I have some questions as well...

1. Is it worth delaying SS to guarantee they go off during SC? Like, lets say your SS is off CD, and SC is coming up in like 2 seconds. Should I delay SS? I try to only use SC when SS is off CD as well to guarantee at least two SS.

2. Is it worth delaying SC to make sure you get a Revenge off during it? Since Revenge has a 9 second CD and SC lasts 7 seconds, I typically won't use SC until Rev drops to like 6s or so on CD.

3. Do you ever use your 2nd SC while the first is still up?

4. For AOE(3+ targets), do you ignore HS completely(even with Glyph of Cleave)and basically just replace it with TC? Do you only HS during SC? I find it very difficult to have the rage to HS AND TC during AOE, and I'm pretty sure you still want to be using SC.
    1 & 2. Theoretically yes, you want your very first GCD to be SS so that you could game SnB procs, but its random enough I don't know what the practical increase is. I don't time Revenge personally. As long as you aren't delaying while you have two charges of SC ready, there shouldn't be any loss.

3. Yes, especially during Bloodbath or any +damage procs.

4. Only TC to keep up Deep Wounds unless there is a crap load of enemies.

Has anyone simmed with SD procs as top rotational priority for glad yet? I could have sworn I did this, and confirmed it was a dps loss to delay them.. however Archi sounds convincing here. I'll take a look at it this weekend.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    1 & 2. Theoretically yes, you want your very first GCD to be SS so that you could game SnB procs, but its random enough I don't know what the practical increase is. I don't time Revenge personally. As long as you aren't delaying while you have two charges of SC ready, there shouldn't be any loss.

3. Yes, especially during Bloodbath or any +damage procs.

4. Only TC to keep up Deep Wounds unless there is a crap load of enemies.
    Thanks!

I actually have one more question...

During Shield Charge, is it better to just spam Devastate when SS/Rev aren't up(to fish for SS procs) , or do you want to use your lvl 60 talent, which does more damage than Devastate but forgoes the chance at getting extra SS's inside SC.

I'm also still unsure of which talent is better for single target between Storm Bolt and Dragon Roar. Obviously DR is better for AOE but I've heard conflicting reports on both.

The last global before a SS is the best place to use your t60 attacks. If you want to go even deeper you can also try to save it a few seconds if you're close to 6 stacks of US, meaning you won't lose a stack of that either.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders