Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
    Execute has a 50% damage modifier when using a one-handed weapon. This is obviously an attempt by Blizzard to make it worth using as Gladiator.

What would the modifier need to be for it to be worth using?
    More? Idk and personally I hope it doesn't ever become worth using for Glad.

It isn't that I dislike Execute, it simply doesn't synergize with our rotation the way Dev/HS do and Protection doesn't need the extra button. And while I'm on the subject, frankly I'm tired of buffing an ability (Execute) into a nuclear bomb (Arms) to make it "feel awesome" when the end result is the rest of our DPS is shit in an effort to balance the two. Arms is a perfect example; hitting ridiculously hard sub 20% doesn't matter in the majority of encounters, not to mention the ones that don't even have execute phases, and doesn't justify wet noodling your way from 100-20.

Archimtiros, how is that guide going? Really looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by nyjl View Post
    Archimtiros, how is that guide going? Really looking forward to it!
    Gobble Gobble.

Deleted
    Is the DMC trinket worth using for Glad? I originally made it to play fury, but seeing as how fury's annoying to play atm I switched to glad, debating whether to upgrade it or not.

It's kinda funny how little DPS you actually gain by adding execute into the rotation, and if you flub it it's probably immediately a DPS loss.

Also, for anyone wondering, assuming you're in a guild who isn't going to hand you BA gear on a silver platter because you have tanks who actually need that shit first and foremost, the delta between arms and glad drops to like, 2-5%.

Themoreyouknow

Few, quick questions

Need some recommendations on Gladiator glyphs and the use of situational glyphs?

Also, what pots and flasks will Gladiaors be using in WoD? Strength or Bonus Armor?

How important is it to use Bonus Armor stat gear in allowed slots? Is it a "make or break" situation?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keensteel View Post
    Few, quick questions

Need some recommendations on Gladiator glyphs and the use of situational glyphs?

Also, what pots and flasks will Gladiaors be using in WoD? Strength or Bonus Armor?

How important is it to use Bonus Armor stat gear in allowed slots? Is it a "make or break" situation?
    Yes it is a make or break, and you should use Armor pot, 1500 AP against 1000 with Strength.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekowa View Post
    Yes it is a make or break, and you should use Armor pot, 1500 AP against 1000 with Strength.
    Armor is different from Bonus Armor last I checked, and it does not give Attack Power. Might be wrong though, haven't tested it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    Armor is different from Bonus Armor last I checked, and it does not give Attack Power. Might be wrong though, haven't tested it.
    Potion give 1500 bonus amor.
    Tested here, and up my atack power from 4656 to 6522 drinking a BA potion.

How is Bladestorm for Glads? I found it to be very underwhelming as normal prot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanbra View Post
    Potion give 1500 bonus amor.
    Tested here, and up my atack power from 4656 to 6522 drinking a BA potion.
    Ah cool, good to know, my mistake. Cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    How is Bladestorm for Glads? I found it to be very underwhelming as normal prot.
    It's better for 4 targets than bloodbath, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    It's kinda funny how little DPS you actually gain by adding execute into the rotation, and if you flub it it's probably immediately a DPS loss.

Also, for anyone wondering, assuming you're in a guild who isn't going to hand you BA gear on a silver platter because you have tanks who actually need that shit first and foremost, the delta between arms and glad drops to like, 2-5%.

Themoreyouknow

You saying that in normal dps items arms is only 5% off?

Also really getting the ba gear shouldn't be that bad. Most guilds have two tanks. Now the glad war will be the spare. But we have generally more than 2 people to compete for the non ba gear.

I know ur just letting people know but in my guild at least I should gear faster on ba gear than normal dps items. I guess it just depends how many glad wars u have.

Anyways I just plan on getting really lucky on coins

Few, quick questions

Gladiator stance is a fucking joke. The class and game don't need for it to exist. If a Prot warrior wants to DPS then the mother fucker should go Arms or Fury and change his spec just like any other class in the game.
    Bahahha, what a joke.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post

Yeah the nerf has me wavering a bit. There are some ancillary benefits which narrows the gap further - mostly rend ticks when off target and access to Ravager and Reck. This is in addition to the cleave superiority of Arms.

I'm torn. Arms is so terrible to play.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    Yeah the nerf has me wavering a bit. There are some ancillary benefits which narrows the gap further - mostly rend ticks when off target and access to Ravager and Reck. This is in addition to the cleave superiority of Arms.

I'm torn. Arms is so terrible to play.
    I'm in the same boat but opposite. I can stand Arms because its predictable, Fury just Enrages me IRL and while I find Glad fun to play, its downright tiring after a long raid. Playing it through Molten Core alone was enough to wear me out.

Really, people keep asking me what spec to raid with, and the best advice I can give is simple: Play what you enjoy the most (or what you hate the least!). The differences between the specs on most fights is small enough that it won't make a huge difference as long as you perform, and if you hate what you are playing, you probably wont.

I'll probably end up doing a mix of Arms and Glad depending on the fight, though honestly I think it'll just come down to what I get the luckiest with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I'm in the same boat but opposite. I can stand Arms because its predictable, Fury just Enrages me IRL and while I find Glad fun to play, its downright tiring after a long raid. Playing it through Molten Core alone was enough to wear me out.

Really, people keep asking me what spec to raid with, and the best advice I can give is simple: Play what you enjoy the most (or what you hate the least!). The differences between the specs on most fights is small enough that it won't make a huge difference as long as you perform, and if you hate what you are playing, you probably wont.

I'll probably end up doing a mix of Arms and Glad depending on the fight, though honestly I think it'll just come down to what I get the luckiest with gear.
    Yep I'm in the same boat. I've gone Arms since after the nerf it's not as big a DPS gap single target while being way better in AOE. Plus I personally like having a raid CD, even if Rallying Cry isn't the best(I'd rather have it then not have it, and I'm the only Warrior in my guild).

Glad is definitely physically tiring with all the spamming, and that was before I tried Unyielding Strikes. I like the slower and easier pace of Arms. I mean after playing Fury all of MOP, I'm okay with a little less button mashing.

Deleted
    So guys, I have a problem: after the recent nerf and Unyielding Strikes pulling ahead, I have noticed my DPS has taken a nosedive because the buff falls off mid-fight a bunch. It was never that great to begin with, and I'm wondering if it can be a lag problem. I'm playing on a US West Coast server while living in Europe and I'm getting ~300ms usually and ~250ms on a "good" day. Since this spec has so many attacks per minute (APM right?), would this be a bad idea to play with such high latency? Should I go back to 2h Frost or even Arms which I had no problems playing last year? I'm at 632 ilvl and struggling to pull ahead of the tank in heroics...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsaks View Post
    So guys, I have a problem: after the recent nerf and Unyielding Strikes pulling ahead, I have noticed my DPS has taken a nosedive because the buff falls off mid-fight a bunch. It was never that great to begin with, and I'm wondering if it can be a lag problem. I'm playing on a US West Coast server while living in Europe and I'm getting ~300ms usually and ~250ms on a "good" day. Since this spec has so many attacks per minute (APM right?), would this be a bad idea to play with such high latency? Should I go back to 2h Frost or even Arms which I had no problems playing last year? I'm at 632 ilvl and struggling to pull ahead of the tank in heroics...
    Possibly, but your going to have lag problems no matter what you play. Try one of the others and see if they work out better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post

Same here. For the first couple of bosses in MC i was like "heeey, what a cool spec". But then i realized it was dumb and boring - all specs may be dumb now, but at least i kinda like Fury (it have procs, makes it not predictable, having good and bad moments). But i'll probably go Gladiator until Fury's single target is at least competitive. And i refuse to play Arms right now lol