Is Dragonslayer's Edge the "Gorehowl" Wep only pvp?

As title?.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would an artifact skin only be limited to PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    One skin is, but the axe is not the one you get for doing pvp.

We don't know where that skin comes from yet.

I sure hope its not...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I sure hope its not...
    How would it be different though from other weapons that are PvP only?

10+ Year Old Account
    One model (and four skins therof) for each artifact is reserved for the PVP prestige system. You can get it through BGs, so just be patient.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    How would it be different though from other weapons that are PvP only?
    Because it's the only Axe we get, everything is a sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It's the "sixth" version of the weapons and it's not tied to pvp. I think the 3rd one is pvp. If you check wowhead's artifact calculator tool, also has appearances with requirements and the axe version currently has none tied to it.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

The "darker" versions of artifacts are PvP, the Axe and other artifact skins that look almost nothing like the rest of em are from a "hidden" source. I imagine we won't know where they come from for weeks if not months after release of the expansion, similarly to how we had no idea about Terky, dancing hat and Pepe skins in WoD until they were randomly discovered.

Same reason there are skin unlocks from PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    The "darker" versions of artifacts are PvP, the Axe and other artifact skins that look almost nothing like the rest of em are from a "hidden" source. I imagine we won't know where they come from for weeks if not months after release of the expansion, similarly to how we had no idea about Terky, dancing hat and Pepe skins in WoD until they were randomly discovered.
    Naw. You can actually check in the alpha right now. The 'dark' versions (like the bone warglaives, or the magma felo'melorn, or the shado-pan windwalker claws, or the corrupted monk healer staff.... etc) are all from PVP according to the forge in-game. The 'hidden' skins are the 5th and possibly 6th on the wowhead calculators. Stuff like the Sheep Staff for arcane.

Incidentally, I might have a lead on the sheep staff in particular. Last build, about a week ago, I was wandering around Val'sharah, leveling on my Arcane Mage. I was bombarded by random /says from a 'Volatile sheep' npc. I wasn't able to find him before it stopped, and all it said was "..." in the floating head UI thingie... But it might be something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Naw. You can actually check in the alpha right now. The 'dark' versions (like the bone warglaives, or the magma felo'melorn, or the shado-pan windwalker claws, or the corrupted monk healer staff.... etc) are all from PVP according to the forge in-game. The 'hidden' skins are the 5th and possibly 6th on the wowhead calculators. Stuff like the Sheep Staff for arcane.

Incidentally, I might have a lead on the sheep staff in particular. Last build, about a week ago, I was wandering around Val'sharah, leveling on my Arcane Mage. I was bombarded by random /says from a 'Volatile sheep' npc. I wasn't able to find him before it stopped, and all it said was "..." in the floating head UI thingie... But it might be something.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Same reason there are skin unlocks from PvE.
    I thought the OP was asking if a certain artifact skin could only be used in PvP, not if it could be unlocked from PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I thought the OP was asking if a certain artifact skin could only be used in PvP, not if it could be unlocked from PvP.
    Ah, no, the skin can be used in any content.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Ah, no, the skin can be used in any content.
    Moreover, all skins can be used in any content, once aquired.

Wondered if you unlocked if from doing pvp, sorry.