Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    HEYHEYHEY! /armsflapping

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...85050607669248

Execute Buff for Protection is coming. Meaning Sudden Death might be viable. I LOVE the Glad playstyle already, but adding in an additional proc sounds like a lot of fun if it's viable. Plus the extra sub20% push is a feature I didn't want to miss out on.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

If glad is too good, then we'll be all forced to use it. So hoping it'll always be slightly worse than fury/arms.

I don't see Sudden Death ever overtaking the other options as Execute doesn't benefit from Shield Charge.

Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    If glad is too good, then we'll be all forced to use it. So hoping it'll always be slightly worse than fury/arms.
    I do not understand this sentiment. Glad looks to be the most compelling and fun of our dps specs by miles. I hope they give us the slight ST and serious AOE buffs necessary to be able to take it over those 2 trainwreck specks. wtb RC also.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I don't see Sudden Death ever overtaking the other options as Execute doesn't benefit from Shield Charge.
    Why not? Isnt SC similar to CS? I dont get it
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

No, CS places a debuff that makes all your attacks ignore armor. SC specifically states it increases the damage of Revenge, Shield and Heroic Strike by x%. You'd for instance never storm bolt inside SC.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

oh, ok, thanks for the explanation ;-)
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty soon we'll have to ask the biggest question of them all and that is which Race has the best combat animation!
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by omnivores View Post
    I do not understand this sentiment. Glad looks to be the most compelling and fun of our dps specs by miles. I hope they give us the slight ST and serious AOE buffs necessary to be able to take it over those 2 trainwreck specks. wtb RC also.
    Fury is a lot funner. Glad is very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Gladiator is now the most complex of all the Warrior DPS specs, since Colossus Smash got removed from Fury. Either way, Gladiator was the best spec fun wise to begin with in my eyes.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Fun is subjective but even as easy as Gladiator is, nothing can be easier than Fury now that CS is gone. Fury now plays as follows above 20%:

1. WS if at or near rage cap
    2. BT on cd
    3. RB as soon as you get them unless the fight has a phase where target takes extra damage/needs to be burst, in which case RB just to dump the second charge.
    4. WS if nothing better to do

Such complexity.

Fun is subjective but even as easy as Gladiator is, nothing can be easier than Fury now that CS is gone. Fury now plays as follows above 20%:

1. WS if at or near rage cap
    2. BT on cd
    3. RB as soon as you get them unless the fight has a phase where target takes extra damage/needs to be burst, in which case RB just to dump the second charge.
    4. WS if nothing better to do

Such complexity.
    Yeah it's crap now without CS. I hope that by getting rid of CS it will allow them to introduce other things into the rotation.

Yeah it's crap now without CS. I hope that by getting rid of CS it will allow them to introduce other things into the rotation.
    I wouldn't hold my breath for something new to be added outside of damage tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    Pretty soon we'll have to ask the biggest question of them all and that is which Race has the best combat animation!
    Are you joking? It's clearly blood elves.

15+ Year Old Account
    No discussion of recent changes?

- Heavy repercussions nerfed to 30% increase
    - Revenge significantly buffed (by almost 40%)
    - Unyielding strikes stacks faster (probably HR was too good and they wanted to put HR and US on the same page?)

+ we have been promised to get our execute buffed

Is this a nerf to our ST damage? Or does it stay roughly the same thanks to revenge buff?
    Clearly, it's a slight aoe buff, but I'm not sure of the intents behind this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post

- Unyielding strikes stacks faster

Is this a nerf to our ST damage? Or does it stay roughly the same thanks to revenge buff?
    they added Protection which buffs execute and BS by 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    I find this awesome and a step into the direction of fourth speccs. Also, It frees up a specc for me to finally PvP in Arms.
    yup, battlemage next for fire or arcane

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    they added Protection which buffs execute and BS by 40%.
    Ah cool, I had a hard time to interpret that as wowdb is blocked by my company's proxy. Then I guess our singletarget hasn't been nerfed, it might even be slightly buffed and aoe has been buffed.
    Last edited by Zka; 2014-09-18 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post

- Unyielding strikes stacks faster (probably HR was too good and they wanted to put HR and US on the same page?)

Thought US was already simming slightly better than HR before these changes. Whether or not this remains the case, this certainly hurts our SC burst. Wonder how the Execute buff turns out with respect to SCed HS+Revenge/Devastate/Shield Slam.

I wouldn't hold my breath for something new to be added outside of damage tuning.
    People said that before this build and now the biggest part of the spec has been removed.