Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So from what im gathering we dont use execute at all right?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Does anyone know how much would i lose gearing for BA>Crit>Mastery in this tier (talking about t17 heroic gear or above)? Fury is my main spec and i don't want to change that, but its single target damage is just sad, and will be pretty hard to have optimal gears for both, so i would rather be optimized for Fury and just switch some pieces with BA.

As Fury you want to gear Crit>MS>Mastery, they have the same gearing prio as Glad, minus haste being actually useful for glad.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    As Fury you want to gear Crit>MS>Mastery, they have the same gearing prio as Glad, minus haste being actually useful for glad.
    Far as i know this is only true for 630ish. I'm curious about 665+ (not for now, but for when we start mythic). For now is really more curiosity, as i won't be 665+ for a while.
    Edit: I just realized there's not much options in highmaul, for most slots there's only one piece to get anyways, so not much to be optimized.
    Last edited by thefuga; 2014-11-23 at 03:12 AM.

You'll need close to full BiS for Mastery to become stronger than MS, and then it's only just above it in value.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    The reason I ask this is because a free execute vs using a more powerful shield slam in a PvP scenario to me seems like I still get my shield slams in, but I get the addtional damage of an execute as well which is more pressure. In a ideal world I assume it would take priority over revenge, so it would look something like:

Shield Slam > SD Execute > Revenge > Devastate then HS as and when needed. Basically it becomes another high damage button to press instead of having to resort back to devastates sooner. Only problems I can see is less Sword and Board procs and the sporadic nature of a 10% proc.
    Well you can debate PvP all you want, it has a lot of "what ifs" in it, but damage in PvP is going to come down to burst; dealing damage inside Shield Charge, and Execute does nothing with that buff. On the other hand, Heavy Repercussions directly makes that burst stronger.

So what you are really asking is whether more sustained pressure but less burst from SD is worthwhile. I think not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SeaStone View Post
    Way to dodge my question Suomi friend..
    He didn't dodge the question, he just answered it quickly.

Abilities are AP based and Wdmg based. Shields do nothing but add AP, so no, it is just a stat stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    You'll need close to full BiS for Mastery to become stronger than MS, and then it's only just above it in value.
    Yeah, i wasn't thinking about a real progression scenario. So basically i'll just have to replace my "jewelry", right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Well you can debate PvP all you want, it has a lot of "what ifs" in it, but damage in PvP is going to come down to burst; dealing damage inside Shield Charge, and Execute does nothing with that buff. On the other hand, Heavy Repercussions directly makes that burst stronger.

So what you are really asking is whether more sustained pressure but less burst from SD is worthwhile. I think not.

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't dodge the question, he just answered it quickly.

Abilities are AP based and Wdmg based. Shields do nothing but add AP, so no, it is just a stat stick.
    No, asked another question.

Def feeling glad for most of highmaul thinking arms for most of blackrock though. Would be nice if glad had better aoe, perhaps TC could leave pools of thunder or some thing behind like thundery cataclysm or earthquake for a bit more aoe power, or they could change thunderclap to a longer cool down and have revenge hit every target effected by your deepwounds

No, asked another question.
    Actually he answered someone elses question;

You quoted his answer, so I clarified it, not realizing it was Tankz that asked the quoted question.

So what is your question that people are "dodging"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Actually he answered someone elses question;

You quoted his answer, so I clarified it, not realizing it was Tankz that asked the quoted question.

So what is your question that people are "dodging"?
    Ah, gotcha.

Well, would I ever want to go full duration on Shield Charge or should I always seperate the two charges and do I ever want to go 0 rage in one Shield Charge or should i stay at 20 as the lowest so I can do SC w/e i proc trinket etc?

Deleted
    Ah, gotcha.

Well, would I ever want to go full duration on Shield Charge or should I always seperate the two charges and do I ever want to go 0 rage in one Shield Charge or should i stay at 20 as the lowest so I can do SC w/e i proc trinket etc?
    I'm not 100% sure on the math and stuff, but generally on the pull I use both charges of SC to match the duration of my trinket procs. Going to 0 rage during a shield charge should never be a problem because 1). you should have plenty of rage when going into SC 2). only ability that costs rage inside SC is Heroic Strike 3). By the last few seconds of SC you should either a). have enough stacks of US to spam Heroic Strike no problem b). have excess rage from shield slam procs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    I'm not 100% sure on the math and stuff, but generally on the pull I use both charges of SC to match the duration of my trinket procs. Going to 0 rage during a shield charge should never be a problem because 1). you should have plenty of rage when going into SC 2). only ability that costs rage inside SC is Heroic Strike 3). By the last few seconds of SC you should either a). have enough stacks of US to spam Heroic Strike no problem b). have excess rage from shield slam procs
    Alright sounds good. So spam HS under SC it is :P

Also another question, So I never want to use SC if i cant match it up with a SS right away, what about revenge? Do I want to wait for both SS and Revenge to be up b4 pressing Shield Charge? Currently I'm not concerned about Revenge, dunno the damage loss though.

"No raid wide CDs"

Mocking banner + glyph of mocking banner should count, no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageraven View Post
    "No raid wide CDs"

Agree. Also Vigilance, 30% on any party member for 12 sec is pretty big also Mass Spell Reflection.. Both, I would imagine, will be awesome in raiding perspective.

"No raid wide CDs"

That's referring to gladiator's lack of RC, which the other specs still have. Mocking banner does not count.

To SeaStone, yes vigilance is awesome but all warriors have that. MSR is extremely situational and is almost never used. Neither is a "raid wide CD"

10+ Year Old Account
    "No raid wide CDs"

There are very few places where that'll be of actual import for progressing. It might be nice once in a while or save a wipe once in a while, but you don't factor in small chance "what ifs" when determining raid comp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    There are very few places where that'll be of actual import for progressing. It might be nice once in a while or save a wipe once in a while, but you don't factor in small chance "what ifs" when determining raid comp.
    True. A change I'd like to see only for Gladiators is that our Demorlizing Shout would help friends aswell. Maybe add it as a glyph or something? Give us SOMETHING that can make others go "oh gj gladiator u saved us all xoxo<3"

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright sounds good. So spam HS under SC it is :P

Also another question, So I never want to use SC if i cant match it up with a SS right away, what about revenge? Do I want to wait for both SS and Revenge to be up b4 pressing Shield Charge? Currently I'm not concerned about Revenge, dunno the damage loss though.
    You always press SC right before a SS so that you are GUARANTEED at least 2 SS's in there (if you get unlucky with SnB procs). If Rev will not be up during an SC and you meet the following criteria:

1) You will not cap SC charges if you wait
    2) You will not cap rage if you wait (and be forced to bleed un-buffed HS's)
    3) Trinkets/cooldowns will not fade before using that Rev

Then go ahead and wait until you can fit Rev into SC.

The 2-charge system on SC means you don't HAVE to use it right away. If it comes off cooldown and the second one starts charging, you lose nothing by delaying the first one a bit.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Ah, gotcha.

Short answer: almost never.
    Long answer: Unless you're using Shield Slam/Revenge on the first GCD of your second Shield Charge, its a dps loss. So you really don't want to full duration one, but sometimes its worth reapplying before it runs out to keep it going if you know you'll actually have spells to use besides devastate. Almost always you'll want to leave at least a second or two between them, but there are situations where it can be worthwhile. Even on the pull with trinkets and potion, they last long enough that you can leave a small gap and still get both in during the duration.