All gear -> DPS because DPS makes the world go round. The more of it you have, the easier everything is. Especially on new content.

Quote Originally Posted by atroxed View Post
    Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask / if it's been asked before but what are everyone's thoughts on double amp trinket in current SoO?
    Why would you use anything else?

What alliance race will be the best for holy? how many +int will a 100 draenei have? human or dwarf?
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    What alliance race will be the best for holy? how many +int will a 100 draenei have? human or dwarf?
    space goat = +65 int
    human = 100 versatility (1% damage/heal and -0.5% damage taken)
    dwarf = critical strike damage/heal deals 2% additional amount

Quote Originally Posted by Andyo View Post
    All gear -> DPS because DPS makes the world go round. The more of it you have, the easier everything is. Especially on new content.

Why would you use anything else?
    Maybe a less glib reply is in order here. By double amp, you are talking about the Prismatic Prison of Pride, which is BiS for us, and the Purified Bindings of Immerseus, which technically speaking, is intended for caster DPS and not healers. However, the stat amplification will work for healers, if not the proc (not sure if that was changed).

The reasons to not use it could be related to ilvl of competing trinkets (your PBoI is raid finder and you have a heroic Thok trinket, for example). If you are having spirit issues, the one off of Siegecrafter is fine, although spirit doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. If you can proc the +Int by using Holy Prism, then PBoI would be a very solid choice, provided the ilvl is near the same as the other options. If not, it would depend on what else you might use. Can you provide the details?

Anyone thought of rerolling professions? Obviously, you are not getting perks anymore, but things like crafting epic gear at early stages could be helpful. I'm thinking of dumping Alchemy in favor of Blacksmithing. And JC for ring and neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelgabriel View Post
    If you can proc the +Int by using Holy Prism, then PBoI would be a very solid choice, provided the ilvl is near the same as the other options. If not, it would depend on what else you might use. Can you provide the details?
    To add to this,

That proc is one of the most annoying things in the world. It often refuses to proc for a good amount of time when you are dpsing full time. I've had cases when it wouldn't proc for good 20 seconds in the beginning. With that in mind, I wouldn't even differentiate too much between this trinket and thok's trinket. Yeah, potentially you could get an extra int out of that, but chances are pretty small (+ good luck taking it from one of your dpsers and you cannot roll it)
    Last edited by Diggy; 2014-10-21 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    Anyone thought of rerolling professions? Obviously, you are not getting perks anymore, but things like crafting epic gear at early stages could be helpful. I'm thinking of dumping Alchemy in favor of Blacksmithing. And JC for ring and neck.
    You can always make the needed buildings in your garrison

Quote Originally Posted by Argonia View Post
    That wont work since Blizzard said numerous times that you will not be able to craft the highest Gear with only the building. It makes way more sense to build a Building from your Prim. Profession to have more Daily Cooldowns ready.

About Switching Professions i thought the same thing.. Drop Alchemy and go Engineering. I don't see one thing that is actually good about alchemy?

As an Engeneer i have googles, toys, Mounts,...
    As an Alchemist i have... yay a potion that lets me switch gender for a short time...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argonia View Post
    Doesn't work that way. The buildings are only useful for basic things and work orders(which lets you funnel mats into another char). The actual craft is done by the profession itself...

perhaps he meant build the Barn to get the savage bloods for the epic crafting. (though if you have the cash for it, you can buy on the AH)

This should still probably be on the first page.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    This should still probably be on the first page.
    Everyone has given up :'(

Nothing else to talk about until actual progress begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyo View Post
    Nothing else to talk about until actual progress begins.
    doesn't bode well for the paladin forums then

how are holy paladins gonna complain all day when they realise how super strong they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

how are holy paladins gonna complain all day when they realise how super strong they are?
    It's both funny and sad how you go into every healer class forums spouting the exact same bullshit and not notice the irony behind your actions.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Strong only gets you so far. Especially when that strength is so constricted by the fact our mobility has been castrated beyond reason since 6.0. Being told to sit in your corner and chain cast until the boss dies is not going to entice anyone to play the class. Sure, progression guilds will keep 1 or 2 of us around out of necessity, but I can't see many people voluntarily playing holy as it exists right now.

I don't have beta access, so I can only hope that things aren't quite as bad at 100, but based on the forum feedback I've seen, that's optimistic to the point of being delusional.

Bottom line, paladins are no fun to play anymore. Our single target spells, holy light, flash and shock feel ok. I'll give you that. That's a good starting point. But when Word of Glory is so weak now it seems a waste of time to cast unless you're scrambling for mana. Light of dawn is pathetic. On top of that WoG and LoD have non-trivial cast times now. So if even after building the holy power to cast them, it feels like you're gimping yourself when you could just use holy light or radiance and get more for your time.

6.0 has basically taken every good change that has been made to paladins since the tank-spam days of Wrath and undone them in a single blow. Our mobility has been all but removed, we don't have any appreciable AoE power anymore, and single target healing, while it may be powerful, is slow and boring. About the only thing we still have working in our favor is a bit of raid utility through devotion aura, hand of protection and sacrifice. Don't get me wrong, those spells are great and I've loved getting use from them in the past, but at the same time, I want to be playing a healer. I don't want to just be the guy who's an extra set of defensive abilities and self healing for the tank just so he doesn't have to push so many buttons.

As it stands now, my pally has been my main since I started playing in Wrath. This is looking to be the first expansion where I won't be running him as my main healer, and that's a little sad to me. The best thing to come out of Warlords for me so far .... at least Ret is kinda fun?

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's both funny and sad how you go into every healer class forums spouting the exact same bullshit and not notice the irony behind your actions.
    i play a MW, the weakest healer in the game

i just dont care enough to change my class. i enjoy playing MW, despite it being as useful as a paper bag in rain.

paladins are plenty strong, they were probs 3rd strongest healer at lvl 100 if mythic testing was any indication.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

i just dont care enough to change my class. i enjoy playing MW, despite it being as useful as a paper bag in rain.

paladins are plenty strong, they were probs 3rd strongest healer at lvl 100 if mythic testing was any indication.
    This is exactly why some of us are complaining about holy paladin. You must be absolutely blind or something. It doesn't have anything to do with how strong we are, but how BORING we are. You say you will continue to play MW because you enjoy it, regardless of how terrible it is in numbers. Well we complain because we no longer enjoy playing holy paladin. Now please for the last time, get out of this forum. You don't belong on this thread at all. You bring nothing ever to this conversation.

you dont know what youre talking about. especially when you say that mw is still the weakest healer in the game, which it is not. and lets be clear, mythic testing is not an indication of anything. im so tired of how dumb you are. like it gives me a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    you dont know what youre talking about. especially when you say that mw is still the weakest healer in the game, which it is not. and lets be clear, mythic testing is not an indication of anything. im so tired of how dumb you are. like it gives me a headache.
    mw is pretty strong. i have to agree. mythic is a joke. 2 or 3 heal it and have fun. if you play with 2 disc maybe you numbers look a little bit different? but with the 2 multistrike trinkets you can get those RM out there. mw is fun to play. alot of fun.
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    mw is pretty strong. i have to agree. mythic is a joke. 2 or 3 heal it and have fun. if you play with 2 disc maybe you numbers look a little bit different? but with the 2 multistrike trinkets you can get those RM out there. mw is fun to play. alot of fun.
    He was clearly talking about weakest at lvl 100 mythic. Sheesh, where is the reading comprehension these days...