Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Perhaps they were mixing up the 2p and the 4p. I'm assuming he means with the 2p buff up, if there's a way to reach 104% block since the 2p gives Block Chance, with the 4p gives block value.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    ya, didnt know about the sets in total, just the one that gives ass loads of block chance.

If the other does give us a total of 60% block reduction, then that makes going for the mastery cap even more valuable, and might be so strong that i dont think next tier will be replaced by it just because of how strong it is.

On top of this, it in turn makes is nigh immune to both physical and magical damage once that cap is reached. it might need nerfed honestly as that much block chance AND value is unheard of.

Although a mastery capped warrior gets 60% reduction on all melee swings for 66% of the time, and can have 100% SB uptime with 100% critical block chance for 24 seconds out of thirty, which is about as long as you tank a boss on a tank-swap fight.

So it isn't THAT unheard of.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Although a mastery capped warrior gets 60% reduction on all melee swings for 66% of the time, and can have 100% SB uptime with 100% critical block chance for 24 seconds out of thirty, which is about as long as you tank a boss on a tank-swap fight.

So it isn't THAT unheard of.

That was only achievable late in the expansion though, we are getting this as soon as we get our 4 set ( since 2600 or so mastery is not hard to get at all)

On top of that, we would be able to block spells, which makes the only issue that block tanks had is gone with that build+ holy shield.
    I just cant see it going live with that since our healing is still formidable and we would take very very little damage.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    New build came out with consecration getting it's damage doubled and holy wrath as well VIA a bug fix.

Prot now does more damage than ret at everything.
    (close to 200k holy wrath crits are fun indeed!)

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    New build came out with consecration getting it's damage doubled and holy wrath as well VIA a bug fix.

Prot now does more damage than ret at everything.
    (close to 200k holy wrath crits are fun indeed!)

Thoughts?
    mumble mumble tuning not finished mumble mumble

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts?
    Good time to play prot.

Deleted
    Question to beta-testers:

Do Holy Wrath and Sanctified Wrath generate Holy Power with / without Glyph of Focused Wrath (minor one)?
    Thx for response.

Quote Originally Posted by valkemen View Post
    Question to beta-testers:

Do Holy Wrath and Sanctified Wrath generate Holy Power with / without Glyph of Focused Wrath (minor one)?
    Thx for response.
    Yes /10char

Deleted
    'Yes' means:
    1. with Glyph of Focused Wrath
    2. without Glyph of Focused Wrath
    3. both

Quote Originally Posted by valkemen View Post
    'Yes' means:
    1. with Glyph of Focused Wrath
    2. without Glyph of Focused Wrath
    3. both
    With Focused glyph+final wrath: generates holy power
    Without Focused glyph+with final wrath: generates holy power
    without focused glyph+without final wrath: generates holy power

Deleted
    They nerfed (don't correct mistakes you dumb dictionary) heal from empowered seals from 3% to 1%. Thoughts? Thinking it killed that talent for Prot, but I don't have beta access to test.
    Last edited by mmocc1d3012705; 2014-08-07 at 11:38 AM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Am I mistaken, or is the Censure DoT from Seal of Truth still nerfed into oblivion for Prot? I'd have figured that that bass-ackwards nerf from early MoP would have been one of the first things reverted for the tank rebalancing in WoD, but they've done a tuning pass in the latest beta build, and it still has only 20% of the AP coefficient that it has for Ret and Holy.

Without Vengeance, is any paladin tank ever going to be in a situation where he/she sacrifices Insight healing for a 6%-AP DoT?

Maybe they just don't want Prot using Empowered Seals?

Quote Originally Posted by Xol View Post
    Maybe they just don't want Prot using Empowered Seals?
    Then they'd put in a talent you did want to use. Not every spec has the same talents (holy doesn't have EmpSeals, for example).

The thing with Empowered Seals is that it is affected by Resolve. At 3% baseline you can get 6%+ of your max health back every 2 seconds, which is grossly overpowered. At 1% baseline, it makes it so Prot can only get to 2-3% of your maximum health every 2 seconds, however, it makes it crap for Ret in the healing department. I would say that it is a balance change to put in it more in line with the other talents, in terms of survivability.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im pretty sure that deadlocks holy shield in for prot for this tier, if it was not already, and seraphim for every other tier.

HOWEVER! a prot paladin could go with empowered seals if they planned to offtank, its the only talent that provides a very meaningful dps increase, maybe thats their intent with it for prot? a pseudo dps talent?

Did you guys test Brackenspore tonight? Necrotic breath just absolutely wrecked me and wondered if you guys had as hard time as i did?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by konne View Post
    Did you guys test Brackenspore tonight? Necrotic breath just absolutely wrecked me and wondered if you guys had as hard time as i did?

ya, i was watching sloot try and tank him too, got wrecked almost every breath as a paladin. no idea whats up with that one

- - - Updated - - -

BTW tuning has hit beta ( was kinda already there, but ok nerds, its now official!) and prot has VERY high damage numbers when ignoring the actual TANK aspect of prot. for screenshots n shit you can look at the ret thread, they are all over that thread right now.

ya, i was watching sloot try and tank him too, got wrecked almost every breath as a paladin. no idea whats up with that one

- - - Updated - - -

BTW tuning has hit beta ( was kinda already there, but ok nerds, its now official!) and prot has VERY high damage numbers when ignoring the actual TANK aspect of prot. for screenshots n shit you can look at the ret thread, they are all over that thread right now.
    Indeed it is.

To all of the maintankadins in this thread:

Would you do us a favor and post your WoD testing raid logs your recent encounters? I'm particularly interested in the damage rankings. Thanks!