Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ...
    Top raiders (I have seen it from Rigg + Treckie both) have argued that paladins right now are behind only warriors. Assuming nothing changes between now and WoD we should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    I don't see why preach's opinion is relevant to anyone who's made it past lfr.
    People who lack conviction need reassurance, that's pretty much the story of most of the wow playerbase.

Preach gives a basic information about the class. Alot of things he say is the things people ask for.

"Are they viable? Should I play one? Do people need one?"
    Warrior Paladin Shaman Mage Hunter Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Preach gives a basic information about the class. Alot of things he say is the things people ask for.

Preach is the last person in the world anyone should listen to with regards to whether a class is viable. He may have an idiosyncratic and endearing way of talking out of his ass, but that doesn't change the fact that he does mostly talk straight out of his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Top raiders (I have seen it from Rigg + Treckie both) have argued that paladins right now are behind only warriors. Assuming nothing changes between now and WoD we should be fine.
    Treckie Kappa.

I see a lot of top parsing prot pallies stacking haste still, even though I keep hearing haste is bad. Is haste still the best for dps up until 50%?
    Personally I'm going for crit>haste>mastery right now for dps purposes, but in a raid I'm still getting to 47% haste and wondering if it would be worth it to gem for the last 3%?
    And also, with 1 amp trinket how much haste rating do I need to get to haste cap now?

Biggest thing that puts prot paladin/prot warrior ahead of other tanks at 100 is they have % based mitigation. DK/monk and such depend a lot more on resolve (paladin/warrior use resolve quite a bit also but nowhere near as much) which in the current system, at least for mythic DR's horribly to the point of basically being useless on harder hitting bosses or bosses that gain frenzy effects. Once DK's/monks get geared though they're really good but as a tank you aren't typically the first one geared.

Outside early mythic progression all the tanks are really close to the point of not mattering.

Don't know if this is honestly gonna change at any point before raids come out as it requires a lot of rework for the resolve system and they seem to be ignoring feedback on these issues for some reason.

I'm sure a lot of people in this thread are wondering about that (btw ppl you described fit the "never got past lfr category")

And afaik the only top raiders prot paladins are lazel and jello (at least who's opinion matters)

I'm sure a lot of people in this thread are wondering about that (btw ppl you described fit the "never got past lfr category")

And afaik the only top raiders prot paladins are lazel and jello (at least who's opinion matters)
    I love you too xoxo heart heart heart

Quote Originally Posted by Draggi View Post
    I see a lot of top parsing prot pallies stacking haste still, even though I keep hearing haste is bad. Is haste still the best for dps up until 50%?
    Personally I'm going for crit>haste>mastery right now for dps purposes, but in a raid I'm still getting to 47% haste and wondering if it would be worth it to gem for the last 3%?
    And also, with 1 amp trinket how much haste rating do I need to get to haste cap now?
    I run 36.50% haste unbuffed - Haste Elixir/Armor Elixir + 31 Haste food = 50.3% or so haste.

If you don't run those it should be around 43.5% with a str/stam flask and stam/str food.

All with just thoks at 582 for me (WF IS FAKE )

I wish I was a real prot pally like Lazel!

Personally I use haste+ armor elixir with strength food ;o.

The glyph of concentration looks awesome!

Preach's view on Protection Paladin http://youtu.be/35_4HGW84CA?t=3m38s.

He talks good about the classes in this video
    No. No he does not.

Been using armor & crit elixirs with str food. Part of me wants to try out some different gearing strats, the other part of me doesn't care because Mythic Garrosh is a 1shot without telling half the raid (all the newbies who hadn't seen it on previous Heroic) any of the tactics so I could probably wear full cloth and still have the boss killed.
    Last edited by Valarius; Today at 04:16 AM.
    Steam: dartagnus or Valarius | GW2: Valarius.9437 | WoW: Valarius#2649
    Let's play!

Oh my god tell me that druid trinket proc isn't the number wowhead shows.
    Last edited by Valarius; Today at 05:46 AM.
    Steam: dartagnus or Valarius | GW2: Valarius.9437 | WoW: Valarius#2649
    Let's play!

Preach's view on Protection Paladin http://youtu.be/35_4HGW84CA?t=3m38s.

He talks good about the classes in this video, Prot Paladin 2nd best tank after Warrior for him.
    Literally who?

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh my god tell me that druid trinket proc isn't the number wowhead shows.
    It's 3636 armor at level 90.
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 14/14H.