Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Well to be fair bears are balanced and fair. Did 23k dps on Garrosh (6 min) w/o either of 2 pots.
    Ah, yes, the Balance-stein Bears

Well you know how it goes...

Points mean prizes!
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Idk, new system is pointless, there's so little variance in points now. This basically makes very little difference in the top 10 ranks (since they're most likely to all be same 99%+), yet at the same time, those top 10 are the only thing matters.
    WTB having OP rank 1 meaning things.
    (Granted atm basically anyone who gets a good rank on Galakras, gets in top 10)

Has anyone tried any BA gear out for the AP increase? I got a ring with some on this run but seeing as there's always about 500 people farming frogs on TN I cba trying to farm some to run sims on it
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
    Has anyone tried any BA gear out for the AP increase? I got a ring with some on this run but seeing as there's always about 500 people farming frogs on TN I cba trying to farm some to run sims on it
    BA is one of the best stats in terms of pure dps increase. AFAIK everything with BA is +- bis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    WCL All Stars <3

New ranking system is garbage :\
    Looks like you got your wish of the old points back!
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

There are some really hardcore tryhards out there that go with bonus armor gear and without 4pc since it is not worth it anymore , you should check some of them out

Poor me don't have extra gear which I could use to increase my dps :\
    I've never used 4 piece...

Only set bonus I used all xpac was the 2 set in ToT
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

15+ Year Old Account
    There are some really hardcore tryhards out there that go with bonus armor gear and without 4pc since it is not worth it anymore , you should check some of them out

Poor me don't have extra gear which I could use to increase my dps :\
    Meh, parsing on most stuff atm isn't really that hard to do from what I've seen. Think I got top 10/top 5 on most fights with 584 ilvl using 4pc, only fight I can't seem to do well on is spoils as the other side always seems to do something dumb or no tank buff in first room.

15+ Year Old Account
    I saw your malkorok rank :3
    Yea, wasn't expecting rank 1 lol. Either way I'm sure you'll beat it this week when you raid ;p

15+ Year Old Account
    Well since I am doing pugs and we had idiots again in the raid , couldnt really rank for shit. Nor the kill times are good enough for my dps to stay up , the only good fight I had was dark shamans and Paragons I think and thats about it , had to soak on norushen , ninja pull on sha right after trash no pre pot or cds , wanted to try SW on iron juggernaut but I did shit.

Also lol we went 1 tank 19 dps on siegecrafter but still 1 min kill
    That kind of sucks but yea, can definitely understand what you mean by people doing dumb stuff in raid and it just hurting your dps now. Someone always resets nazgrim adds cause "lol trolling I'm so funny" so that's a ton of lost dps, don't think I've ever had to not soak on norushen as if I don't people just let the orbs pile up till we die then complain about it. Then spoils I have like rank 150 as the other side always seems to wipe cause no one wants to kill sparks or stand in the red circles for golem if it comes up.

1min siegecrafter with 19 dps is pretty rough though lol, we had to 2 tank it this week and 2 heal cause person we brought in had no dps spec only tank and same with healers.

Either way should be fun to see how stuff is in the expansion, hopefully can still compete somewhat

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm also trying to find a guild that suits me which also sucks , i don't even care at this point what class I'll be playing ><
    Gotta stick with the prot paladin!

It's gonna be hard right now to find a guild looking for tanks though, most have already got their WoD set up in terms of tanks by now! Might help if you updated your wowprogress info too

Good luck in the search though!
    Last edited by sexybeast; 2014-10-31 at 09:29 AM.
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Has anyone got a definitive list on stat prio for WoD yet?

Trying to get a guild "bis list" made up but can't really find our star weights anywhere. Thecks not got anything set in stone on his blog, maintankadin users seem to change their mind every day atm too lol. Seeing as balancing is pretty much done now I was just wondering if there was a defining list!
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Has anyone got a definitive list on stat prio for WoD yet?

Trying to get a guild "bis list" made up but can't really find our star weights anywhere. Thecks not got anything set in stone on his blog, maintankadin users seem to change their mind every day atm too lol. Seeing as balancing is pretty much done now I was just wondering if there was a defining list!
    Unlike this expansion, our stat priority depends on what we want to maximize or minimize.

You going for great DPS, then Haste/Crit
    You going for low TMI, then mastery/versatility
    You going for great HPS, then multistrike.

The only thing that is constant, is Bonus Armor. No reason not to get that.

I'm going for Armor > Mastery > Haste > Crit > Multistrike > Versatility
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-11-01 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmouser View Post
    Unlike this expansion, our stat priority depends on what we want to maximize or minimize.

You going for great DPS, then Haste/Crit
    You going for low TMI, then mastery/versatility
    You going for great HPS, then multistrike.

The only thing that is constant, is Bonus Armor. No reason not to get that.
    BA = AP @ 1/1
    Mastery = AP @1/1 IIRC
    so why would mastery not be in there with BA for the high dps build?

Confuzzled is all, not disputing what your saying!! Have you got a link to this plx?
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

BA = AP @ 1/1
    Mastery = AP @1/1 IIRC
    so why would mastery not be in there with BA for the high dps build?

Confuzzled is all, not disputing what your saying!! Have you got a link to this plx?
    Mastery does not give 1 AP per point, it gives 1% AP for 1% mastery (which is 110 Rating IIRC).

I'll put it this way: the items I'm gunning for will be BA+Mastery, BA/Haste, BA/Crit on cloak/necklace/rings/trinkets. The other slots will be Mastery/Haste, Haste/Crit, Mastery/Crit because they can't have BA.

Versatility and Multistrike are stats that I'm not particularly looking for, and items that I get with them will likely be "yeah, it's higher item level and that is enough to make it better regardless of stats" items that are candidates for replacement in the short/middle term.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-11-02 at 09:26 AM.

3) Why is this even a discussion :P
    Ummm... Cause it's the Worlords prot pala discussion thread maybe lol?

All the up to date sims show haste to be dog shite in terms of survivability at lvl 100.

Also I'm trying to figure out gearing for my guild cause with 6 plate users it's going to be kinda hard gearing us all up to BiS/optimised stats.

Also I was pretty drunk (drunk enough to play LoL drunk lol) so yeah, it seemed a good idea at the time!
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Ummm... Cause it's the Worlords prot pala discussion thread maybe lol?

All the up to date sims show haste to be dog shite in terms of survivability at lvl 100.

Also I'm trying to figure out gearing for my guild cause with 6 plate users it's going to be kinda hard gearing us all up to BiS/optimised stats.

Also I was pretty drunk (drunk enough to play LoL drunk lol) so yeah, it seemed a good idea at the time!
    We didn't take haste for survivability in MoP either. In fact, a haste oriented paladin tank took more damage than one going for mastery. We took haste because 1. It made the class feel playable, 2. smoother (if higher over-all) damage intake and 3. moar deeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    We didn't take haste for survivability in MoP either. In fact, a haste oriented paladin tank took more damage than one going for mastery. We took haste because 1. It made the class feel playable, 2. smoother (if higher over-all) damage intake and 3. moar deeps.
    I may be wrong, because I honestly don't remember much of this discussion from early MoP, but if what you're saying is true, that we took haste for a smoother albeit higher overall damage intake, then yes we did take it for survivability. At least, that was my reasoning for it. What killed us in MoP was burst, so we needed to take steps to prevent it. Consequently stacking a stat to mitigate burst damage was indeed gearing for survivability even if not done conventionally, which was to have a giant health pool (stamina) and to reduce overall damage taken (avoidance).

- - - Updated - - -

I remember reading back then that haste was not a 'survivability stat' because, even though it did increase our survivability, it did not do it as effectively point for point as other stats. Now I'm not sure if that was true, since massive SotR uptimes from high haste made us pretty invincible.