Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ...
17
57
65
66
67
  1. #1321

  2. #1322
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Is anyone actually going for best HPS setup ?
    Only the numpties I guess?

  3. #1323
    But.. like... that would require some amount of intelligence to even figure out said setup.

    P.S. your sig is broken

    P.P.S. As someone who got collector's edition I can't help, but wonder when i'm going to get my box <_<

  4. #1324
    When blizz is damn well ready to send it to you lol.

    I know, but sorting it on my phone is a mission and I cba right now, too busy think how not to include multi strike in my gear lol

    - - - Updated - - -

    Ok done with the multi strike so sorted my sig!

  5. #1325
    >Order Received - August 29, 2014 9:48 AM
    >We've received your order, but we haven't started preparing it for shipment yet. The amount of time your order spends in this status can vary based on the availability of the item(s) and the selected delivery.

    FUUUUU

  6. #1326
    Where did you order it from?

  7. #1327
    Quote Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
    Where did you order it from?
    amazon 10char

  8. #1328
    Titan MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    11,123
    Hola mi gente

    So I've gone from knowing shit to knowing fuck all.

    Talents I understand well enough, stat wise where we at? I've not kept up too well.

    I was thinking from little bits I saw and read/remember that it was Bonus Armour > Haste > and then... I draw a blank. Mastery or Versatilty? Can't remember which way round it was.

    And yes America, Armour has a U in it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

  9. #1329
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Hola mi gente

    So I've gone from knowing shit to knowing fuck all.

    Talents I understand well enough, stat wise where we at? I've not kept up too well.

    I was thinking from little bits I saw and read/remember that it was Bonus Armour > Haste > and then... I draw a blank. Mastery or Versatilty? Can't remember which way round it was.

    And yes America, Armour has a U in it.
    Take a look at http://www.sacredduty.net/2014/11/12...ds-of-draenor/ and you'll have plenty of answers.

    When it comes to level 100 stuff, haste is actually going to be fairly low based on the simulations done so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

  10. #1330
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    amazon 10char
    Called them at 0930 EST this morning when I noticed my CE hadn't been prepped for shipping yet either. According to Amazon, Blizzard won't let them send the CEs out until the 13th, so expect yours by close of business tomorrow. I explained to them that when software goes live midnight on the 13th, that means that customers should expect the package in their hands by close of business on the 12th when they've been given a "preorder guarantee" that they'll be able to play when everyone else does. The representative was very polite and professional but was also unable or unwilling to budge on the issue. I used to work in book sales and street dates for releases in that industry are under similar restrictions - basically if Amazon ships before the 13th, they're liable for fines and breach of contract with Blizzard.

    In rough order: I blame myself for ordering from Amazon instead of picking up a physical copy, Amazon for making a ridiculous "preorder guarantee" claim on their site that is technically correct but useless to anyone wanting to play the moment of release, and Blizzard for not having a better system in place for CE customers. E-mail me my code to unlock my account, I'll wait on my package a few days, thank you very much.

    I placed my order the day before you did, incidentally.

    Also: On topic, I thought it was Bonus Armor > Haste to 10-15% > Mastery > Multistrike = Crit > Versatility > Moar haste?

    Edit: Blargh, Jack posted an actual useful link while I was anecdoting.

  11. #1331
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaris View Post
    Also: On topic, I thought it was Bonus Armor > Haste to 10-15% > Mastery > Multistrike = Crit > Versatility > Moar haste?

    Edit: Blargh, Jack posted an actual useful link while I was anecdoting.
    I'm reminded of the scene in The Incredibles where Syndrome is talking about all his plans and such, then Mr. Incredible tosses a boulder or something at him and he's like "You caught me monologuing! Haha!"

    But yeah, with Holy Shield talented it's BA>>Mastery>>Crit/Versatility>Multistrike>Haste. Multistrike might go up in value a little since the sim was single actor and thus didn't take into account Shining Protector, but SP's effect is nebulous due to how if the tank is actively getting healed then they're not likely to die and all that. It won't be getting above Crit or Versatility it seems.

    With Seraphim things change and get freaky. If the stat weights are taken from a balanced start then it seems like Haste has a massive lead. However, as Theck notes with the scale factor plots Haste is all over the place but on average is in the same pack as everything besides BA. The recommendation made is BA>>everything else, but Crit and Versatility will likely edge out mastery, haste, and multistrike.

    The key with a lot of this is there will be fight mechanics that can change things up. Wasn't it Lei Shin or something that we absolutely had to have SotR up or else we'd get gibbed spectacularly? Mechanics that favor having SotR up, even a weaker one, will likely skew the results to Haste out of necessity. Likewise, fights with some sort of regular tank downtime will tend to favor Seraphim more (since Holy Shield requires being attacked to have value) so we can make the survival gap before using Sera have much less of an impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

  12. #1332
    Titan MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    11,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackielope View Post
    Take a look at http://www.sacredduty.net/2014/11/12...ds-of-draenor/ and you'll have plenty of answers.

    When it comes to level 100 stuff, haste is actually going to be fairly low based on the simulations done so far.
    Well that looks slightly different to what I read on maintankadin earlier. Hmm, time will tell, will do more reading. Unless I read the wrong thread by Theck, he suggested that whilst all the level 100 talents are pretty close, Empowered Seals would be on top with similar effects to Seraphim and Holy Shield combined - IF you can manage it, and if you fucked it up then you're at a decent size disadvantage.

    Guess I won't do much raiding though, see how lazy I feel with regards to picking the talent. Sounds good for the stats, and the talents, thanks for the link
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

  13. #1333
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Well that looks slightly different to what I read on maintankadin earlier. Hmm, time will tell, will do more reading. Unless I read the wrong thread by Theck, he suggested that whilst all the level 100 talents are pretty close, Empowered Seals would be on top with similar effects to Seraphim and Holy Shield combined - IF you can manage it, and if you fucked it up then you're at a decent size disadvantage.

    Guess I won't do much raiding though, see how lazy I feel with regards to picking the talent. Sounds good for the stats, thanks.
    Things change as people get more information processed.

    Empowered Seals is noted as perhaps not being worthwhile overall. The attention required to keep it going, even through macros and addons helping out, will tend to have a negative impact on raid situational awareness which can definitely negate any gains from it. As Theck mentions, it's likely best to simply start with Holy Shield since it's entirely passive, and then as one becomes more comfortable with the fight switch to Seraphim if it seems beneficial.

    But more research will come in in time. We'd best make sure to keep looking at all the talents so we can absolutely know what's going on and then we can give that info to Blizz and say "This is what seems to work or not work. Is this okay? If not, how would it be addressed?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

  14. #1334
    Titan MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    11,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackielope View Post
    Things change as people get more information processed.

    Empowered Seals is noted as perhaps not being worthwhile overall. The attention required to keep it going, even through macros and addons helping out, will tend to have a negative impact on raid situational awareness which can definitely negate any gains from it. As Theck mentions, it's likely best to simply start with Holy Shield since it's entirely passive, and then as one becomes more comfortable with the fight switch to Seraphim if it seems beneficial.

    But more research will come in in time. We'd best make sure to keep looking at all the talents so we can absolutely know what's going on and then we can give that info to Blizz and say "This is what seems to work or not work. Is this okay? If not, how would it be addressed?"
    Holy Shield was probably going to be my go to, just for how simple it looks. 15% block is not something insignificant. Plus I miss that thing so bad, sure it's only passive now but oh god how I miss it, I'd give so much to have it back. That would be if I was raid leading of course, until I got into the swing of things - I used to raid lead a guild and be a lot of pairs of eyes, so unless there was significant gain then it'd be better. I'm sure I'll play around with all 3, I anticipate a lot of stuff to do this expansion now I'm a filthy casual. Probably play with Seraphim for some dailys.

    Leave it to the new generation of raid leaders to relay some information And then I shall adapt appropriately.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

  15. #1335
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaris View Post
    In rough order: I blame myself for ordering from Amazon instead of picking up a physical copy, Amazon for making a ridiculous "preorder guarantee" claim on their site that is technically correct but useless to anyone wanting to play the moment of release, and Blizzard for not having a better system in place for CE customers. E-mail me my code to unlock my account, I'll wait on my package a few days, thank you very much.
    I don't have gamestops/EB games near me where i could pre-order physical copy from <_<

    And "la-la-la-la-la-la la-la-la-la-la-la-la" stat weights change as you get stats "la-la-la-la-la-la-la"

  16. #1336
    Omfg can twisting nether stop going down fak

  17. #1337
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Holy Shield was probably going to be my go to, just for how simple it looks. 15% block is not something insignificant. Plus I miss that thing so bad, sure it's only passive now but oh god how I miss it, I'd give so much to have it back. That would be if I was raid leading of course, until I got into the swing of things - I used to raid lead a guild and be a lot of pairs of eyes, so unless there was significant gain then it'd be better. I'm sure I'll play around with all 3, I anticipate a lot of stuff to do this expansion now I'm a filthy casual. Probably play with Seraphim for some dailys.

    Leave it to the new generation of raid leaders to relay some information And then I shall adapt appropriately.
    I was playing around with seraphim a few days before beta went down, and it didn't feel too bad. Could definitely be an option for all of those 30 second tank swap fights.

    I'll probably be using Holy Shield for most fights though - one less thing to think about. Seraphim and especially Empowered Seals would need to be rather better than the completely passive Holy Shield for me to take them.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  18. #1338
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I was playing around with seraphim a few days before beta went down, and it didn't feel too bad. Could definitely be an option for all of those 30 second tank swap fights.

    I'll probably be using Holy Shield for most fights though - one less thing to think about. Seraphim and especially Empowered Seals would need to be rather better than the completely passive Holy Shield for me to take them.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...WoD-Discussion

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •