Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    The burning of the Library of Alexandria.
    You win the internet with that response. /tips hat

I agree completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    that isnt amusing in any shape or form.
    I think it is. Humor is subjective.

Hitler did a few great things, in the most fucked up way possible. The advances made in so many different fields, can trace back to the fucked up shit he did. No one can deny that. And, he did kill hitler.

I'd change what happened between Edison and Tesla. Tesla was ahead of his time, and if anyone could find a way to make power "free" (read as: not sold), it'd be him.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Stop the burning of the Mayan libraries, Nineveh, or Alexandria.

But if I could change anything at all, honestly...I'd have kept the Sassanids and Persians from waging war under Heraclius' reign. They battered each other so hard that the Arabs could ride out of Arabia and overrun the Sassanid Empire and most of the Byzantine Empire's Near Eastern provinces and Egypt.

If they had both been at their full strength, Muhammad's army would have ended dashed against Byzantine walls or Persian cavalry spears.

That in turn would have prevented the tragedy of the sacking and loss of Constantinople to Islam.

I would go back 3 weeks ago and not eat those tacos that gave me food poisoning.

As for world history? Nothing. Shit happens and without the bad we wouldn't know how to judge it in the future. Live with the pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd do my best to stop religions forming.

You think WW2 was horrible because of the dead? How many people have died througout history in the name of religion?
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Stop the burning of the Mayan libraries, Nineveh, or Alexandria.

But if I could change anything at all, honestly...I'd have kept the Sassanids and Persians from waging war under Heraclius' reign. They battered each other so hard that the Arabs could ride out of Arabia and overrun the Sassanid Empire and most of the Byzantine Empire's Near Eastern provinces and Egypt.

If they had both been at their full strength, Muhammad's army would have ended dashed against Byzantine walls or Persian cavalry spears.

That in turn would have prevented the tragedy of the sacking and loss of Constantinople to Islam.
    Damn, that would've been bad news for Greece seeing how the Ottomans brought civilization to Greece. You should thank God that Muhammad's army succeeded and that the Ottomans were then enabled to bring the light of enlightened civilization to Greece!

You're welcome!

I've often wondered, it's a heavy responsibility. I'd have to say either the release of the Star Wars prequels or the birth of Michael Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    inb4 "your parents conceiving you."
    That's the idea :P

the Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Uh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    snip
    That face....I....I just can't get over it...lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    The evolution of primates into modern day humans. I'd probably pick something else to serve as our ancestry...something with fewer violent tendencies.

Yea....I'm probably the worst person you could give that kind of power.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    The evolution of primates into modern day humans. I'd probably pick something else to serve as our ancestry...something with fewer violent tendencies.

Yea....I'm probably the worst person you could give that kind of power.
    If I were to venture a guess....would it be ponies? Love and tolerance, bitches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Damn, that would've been bad news for Greece seeing how the Ottomans brought civilization to Greece. You should thank God that Muhammad's army succeeded and that the Ottomans were then enabled to bring the light of enlightened civilization to Greece!

You're welcome!
    Well I was just suspecting it before, but now I know you are trolling. Bunch of uncivilised desert tribes bringing civilisation to Greece...
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    If I were to venture a guess....would it be ponies? Love and tolerance, bitches.
    You'd be surprised how violent horses can be.

http://wnyyradio.com/news/25-shockin...-than-a-shark/

Seriously though, no. Bad choice.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    That's one tricky question and I would probably change my mind over and over again because they are dozens if not hundred of events you could change into positives.

But I go with this one:

Change the colonization of the world with two detailed maps of the planet.
    One for Portucale and one for Castille in the year 1100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Well I was just suspecting it before, but now I know you are trolling. Bunch of uncivilised desert tribes bringing civilisation to Greece...
    You should really open a history book so that you don't make yourself look like an ignorant, bumbling fool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umayyad_Caliphate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbasid_Caliphate

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    You should really open a history book so that you don't make yourself look like an ignorant, bumbling fool.
    Ah yes, we should be thankful to them for all the enlightened practises like polygamy, large scale slavery and like. But I suppose you cannot have high expectations for followers of a child rapist.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    snip
    What started as a joke ended in education. I had no idea horses were that violent.

Deleted
    Whatever it actually was that made the dinosaurs extinct, that.

The fire. Just to see what evolution would be like; though this is assuming we can change it back considering if it de-evolved is it would prevent the ability to go back and change this.

Deleted
    I will be definitely change cowardly behaviour of France and UK back in 1939 when Poland has aggrement with them which says that France and UK will attack Germany when they use aggresion against Poland..... Poland hold hitler might with his ww1 equipement for a month (september campaign) waiting to fulfil the aggrement by the France and UK but they did not.

Facts:
    Hitler wants to capture Poland in a few day trusting to his war machine might BUT Poland fight a month with hitler from the west and soviet union from the east (yes Stalin and Hitler back in 1939 have aggrement to capture Poland by attacking from both sides). After september campaign hitler retreat most of his might for reinforce cause they dont expect such resistance from Polish old army.

IF then France and UK fulfill the aggrement and attack germany with combined forces from the west while nazis fight in Poland then war will end in Poland in 1939 and millions will not die (holocaust and rest of ww2 years of fighting).

Quote Originally Posted by profil84 View Post
    I will be definitely change cowardly behaviour of France and UK back in 1939 when Poland has aggrement with them which says that France and UK will attack Germany when they use aggresion against Poland..... Poland hold hitler might with his ww1 equipement for a month (september campaign) waiting to fulfil the aggrement by the France and UK but they did not.

Facts:
    Hitler wants to capture Poland in a few day trusting to his war machine might BUT Poland fight a month with hitler from the west and soviet union from the east (yes Stalin and Hitler back in 1939 have aggrement to capture Poland by attacking from both sides). After september campaign hitler retreat most of his might for reinforce cause they dont expect such resistance from Polish old army.

IF then France and UK fulfill the aggrement and attack germany with combined forces from the west while nazis fight in Poland then war will end in Poland in 1939 and millions will not die (holocaust and rest of ww2 years of fighting).
    Why not going back a little further, and have France and Germany honour their defense pact with Czechoslovakia? Or step in when Germany started breaking the terms of the Treaty of Versailles? Or stopping France from imposing such brutal terms on Germany in said treaty? Or events that caused WW1?

So many things we could change to prevent the horrors of those wars. But then technological advancement may not have happened...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    The burning of the Library of Alexandria.
    That's a big one too. Civilisation was held back hundreds of years because of that.