Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

How long is it until you become bored of a current patch?

Hello all, I was wondering how long does it personally take you to become bored of a current patch? I ask this because you always see people complaining of the long content droughts between expansions, and MoP is currently setting a record for the longest period with 9 months since 5.4.

But for you, I'd like to know how long it takes you to become bored of current content-
    1. For normal major patches-like 5.1 or 5.3-that don't have a raid tier, and are instead filled with content like a world event, new features like the Brawler's Guild and/or rep factions that could sell gear and have quests unlocked at different points, and
    2. Raid patches

Does it take 4 months until you become bored? Share your opinions, and keep it constructive. I'm interested to hear what you have to say.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

For me, about the 6 months. I usually take my time raiding and exploring, so. And IF I do get bored, I'll do quests or achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigclaw View Post
    For me, about the 6 months. I usually take my time raiding and exploring, so. And IF I do get bored, I'll do quests or achievements.
    Same here, I usually get the new seasonal set on my main and then on an alt or w/e. And ofcourse try to see as much of the content in the patch as possible! I chunked through pretty much all of the MoP content (not including raiding content) in a couple of months though. I guess if I pick up PvE again 6 months should be fine, like I said earlier.

Any longer then that it can get stale very fast though, especially if there is absolutly no new content to look forward to in the nearby future (like it is right now).

Deleted
    It does depend on the raid and the content patch ofc.

I was sick of DS after 3 months (I really did not like the HoT 5 mans either so it was not a great patch for me).

I was done with SoO after 5 1/2 months.

My gut says 5 months is the ideal "Tier" length as long as there is 10+ bosses (again it depends on the Tier of course).

I quite like the model they did in MoP where they had a content patch between raid patches.

Of course the 9 months of SoO is not good, but I just don't play and wait for something new to come

Depends on how lucky I get with drops.

My guild keeps me subbed. To many of them are friends from the past. Both RL and internet friends. Raiding is kind of how we all get back together a few times a week since we have moved apart and have different lives. So it doesn't really get old. Minus the end of expansion raiding tiers that drag on for a year. The limit for us seems to be about 5-6 months until we shut down shop and wait until next expansion.

About 3 months, the only thing that keeps me subbed later is to farm that 1 day on wednesday to keep guild going

1.5-2months of progress each tier 1 month to complete content achievment wise and stuff then its pure boredom awaiting for next content

10+ Year Old Account
    I raided 8 months. I took break since end of may. I plan to come back when WoD Pre-Patch hit.

It honestly depends on the patch. I never got bored of 4.3 because I enjoyed Tol Barad and was a pvper. I get so bored with Mists patches so quickly, PvP is terrible.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Depends on how good the content/raiding is. 5-6 months is my limit. I stopped SoO after 7 months and realizing that we will have another 5-6 months of it...forget that...this is the first time I have unsubbed simply because I have no more interest in MoP. I never cared for the story on this x-pac or the theme. Good raids and some interesting and fun stuff but.....glad it will be over with soon....well...eventually anyway.

Generally when I am done with it or no longer becomes engaging and fun. Exception being MoP "heroics". I was bored of those before I even finished them. Didnt get bored of ZA/ZG heroics.

Playing with friends ether in game or real life can greatly extend the enjoyment of content for myself. Ran Kara for over a year despite already progressing past it because it was fun and still wasnt trivial despite being in better gear.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-06-28 at 08:13 PM.

3-4 months and the content is stale

10+ Year Old Account
    Never really been bored with the game. I always find something to do. For example, taking my free 90 back through all the MoP quests for the money. I could use an easy 7-10k.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I haven't been bored yet, subbed through all of MoP. Granted, we just downed Garrosh, so I may not play as often. But I have alts that I enjoy gearing, that keeps me busy. Also leveling my guild bank.

1. For normal major patches-like 5.1 or 5.3-that don't have a raid tier, and are instead filled with content like a world event, new features like the Brawler's Guild and/or rep factions that could sell gear and have quests unlocked at different points, and
    2. Raid patches
    1. I love these patches; they flesh out the world far more than the raid patches do. I don't really get bored of them. Sure; I might have finished the quest lines and the world event maybe long gone, but I still have my Arena and RPing to do, and God that's what keeps me involved; not raiding, not the patches, but Arena and RP. Well, maybe after 6 months or so without something, I'd start to complain. A little.
    2. About a year. Again; my main thing is RPing and PvPing, which has infinite replay value involved. Raiding is nice for a co-op challenge with friends (and for transmog), but the content involved in a raid patch is enough that I can survive on it for about a year before I'd start saying something.

Never really been bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    for me it depends on how fun it is. Some patches I never tire of. Black Temple, Ulduar and SSC/TK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Depends. This tier it came pretty fast around the end of December or mid January. Looking back a lot of encounters in soo are really boring.