Is it worth returning to?

I got that random itch to play again. Bored of WoW, got my account hacked in ESO and they weren't able to, or willing to give me my items back (LV21, so MEH), and Wildstar, while a great game, did not interest me.

I last played in December, so I know there'll be content for me to see, I was last attempting to kill Titan so I could get my relic spear for my Dragoon.

Or is Summoner better now?

10+ Year Old Account
    What made you quit in the first place?

To me, the games always offered enough content, I usually sub and unsub every other month because of it. Another patch, 2.3 is coming out July 8th, which will have even more. But it does look like from the time you quit to now, there is a bit more out there.

I'd say yes, but I dunno why you quit in the first place!

I initially quit because I had 3 friends all deciding to return to WoW in December. That and I fell behind in the gear race so I wasn't going to be accepted in raids.

I think the game is plenty worth re-subbing to. I've taken a bit of a break since April, just due to kinda being burnt out from grinding all my classes to max level and stuff, but really it's a lot of fun. This upcoming patch looks to promise a lot of fun stuff and I really enjoy the fact that you can honestly do a lot in this game on your own if need be. The community is still nice, and you'll always run into jerks but for the most part it's still a great community.

You may be surprised with how easy it will be to catch up on most of your gear and even get involved with a free company to raid with.

Since they made their changes, both myself and my husband were able to catch up and get our ilvl to be raid ready in just a few weeks. So it's really not too bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    afaik dragoons were really good dps when i stopped playing.

I keep trying to, but there is just nothing to do I want to do in the game. i had to quit because i had more important interests to pursue. that, and i was getting bored of the really long and repetitive fights. i'd literally doze off put myself on autopilot and start having JD moments and then realize that i just petrified someone lol =\

wait till July 8th for 2.3 (new things!) plus CT2 dropping ilv100 gear

i did end up going back today. Went in Manor (Hard) and got to last boss and wipe fested.

I need to do Titan Hard for my relic spear. Is this something that I can queue for now, or form a group?

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    i did end up going back today. Went in Manor (Hard) and got to last boss and wipe fested.

I need to do Titan Hard for my relic spear. Is this something that I can queue for now, or form a group?
    Yes, you can do it in Duty Finder. You'll probably wipe a couple times, but there's a stacking buff now. Add better gear overall and Titan HM is far more doable in a random group.

15+ Year Old Account

Not really worth it doing the hard modes more than once unless it's BF. Shortest, easiest run ever. Allows you to skip a lot of steps. Once I got that ilvl i queued for it straight up as a WHM, difficult, but taught me my class better than leveling ever did. Titan will be easy as well, learning curve if you've never done it, but the buff as well as the other 7 people just there for their random trial reward, you'll be fine. Just don't pug extremes until Brutals come out

I got my Gae Bolag (yayyyy), then got run over by ultima (ballad). Maybe cause my I level is >70 (yet I died less than the other dps lol). i see to get my i90 gear I can just spam runs of dungeons. Is there a faster route?

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my Gae Bolag (yayyyy), then got run over by ultima (ballad). Maybe cause my I level is >70 (yet I died less than the other dps lol). i see to get my i90 gear I can just spam runs of dungeons. Is there a faster route?
    Wellll CT will get you ilv 80 or so gear if I recall right and soon ilv 100 will be in the new ct...You also get myth in there.

Other then that yeah myth farm or buy from AH.

I'd say it's worth it. I've recently returned to FFXIV after a break and it's even more polished than it used to be. I created a completely new character in order to play with a couple of friends and we've been having a blast. The upcoming content patch looks pretty interesting too - and not long afterwards we'll be getting player housing to further add depth to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I initially quit because I had 3 friends all deciding to return to WoW in December. That and I fell behind in the gear race so I wasn't going to be accepted in raids.
    Not sure if it's worth it for you per se.

The gear race doesn't exist as much in this game, unless you're trying to get server firsts or rush through progression. Granted, I don't know what server you're on, but on any high pop server there's ALWAYS pugs going on for everything including second coil, and there's always the chance for gear. Unless you mean you wouldn't be accepted into your FC's raids, then sure but... generally this game doesn't bar you out for getting gear, especially right now where Coil can be queued for, soldarity gear is out, and the next CT is coming out.

That said though, imo putting enough time in, almost all gears obtainable in this game, so if it's something that turned you off, not much has really changed in terms of how the raiding works and such. If anything, it's possibly worse cause people are wanting to over gear things and won't take people at the right iLevel but want people 5-10 ilevels higher than the "okay" line.

The only routes to better gear are doing extreme modes, Coil raids, or farming myth/soldierty. That's about it, so really, nothings change -that- much.

Deleted
    A lot has changed since you quit, primals are a hell of a lot easier now due to the increasing echo buff (increases health, damage etc)
    And a lot more quality of life changes coming.
    The coming patch 2.3 (ramuh) you can view the trailer for here along with all the changes coming to the game
    http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/