Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Wear dress pants and a white dress shirt, keep the suit jacket in the car. I've never been to a wedding where every male was wearing a suit jacket.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Not really. I hate wearing penguin suits as they are extremely uncomfortable.
    It's not about you, it's not your wedding so suck it up.

Personally I would be pissed if someone couldn't go through the trouble to dress up formally in a suit for just a few hours to assist in making it the most memorable day ever. It's a small gesture but it contributes.

Just don't wear khakis. Don't be that dick who couldn't bother to look nice while the rest does.

Deleted
    How is these even open for discussion?

Wear a suit, put up and shut up. If you can't manage being warm for a few hours, don't go. It's better than turning up to a formal event looking like Bear Grylls.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    wedding + formal attire = suit
    simply khakies is not formal of any kind

Shirt and tie or go home, really. The thing says formal, that pretty much demands business appropriate. When in doubt, ask whoever the RSVP is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Wear suit (jacket+pants) + tie
    Take off suit jacket when the groome does it.

Rather overdress than underdress.

If you're still unsure call you're friend. You are friends after all.
    Agreed and go with a bowtie if you can swing it. They are more, "in" for those events rite now.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Lol khakis at a wedding? NO. It's a wedding, not a god damn golf game. Dress pants, dress shirt, nice shoes, nice tie. And be done with it. You don't need a jacket, but if you want to look fancy wear a vest. Jackets can tie everything together, but a vest is substantial on its own.

Also don't rsvp if you can't be bothered to show up like someone who knows to be a big boy.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Light dress pants and shirt. Clip-on tie and comfortable dress shoes. You don't have to overdo it so you're sweating, especially if you're not in the actual ceremony. If your khakis are appropriate for the wedding, then I'm sure it would be okay. You will be sitting down most of the time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Clip-on tie
    This is a joke, right? In what world is a clip-on tie considered appropriate attire for anything?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    This is a joke, right? In what world is a clip-on tie considered appropriate attire for anything?
    appropriate for small children so they don't strangle themselves on a tie by accident