Deleted

Visiting Germany

Hey to you Germans. ^^

Me and my girlfriend are going to take up a ~two-week trip from Finland to over there and visiting few cities.. and now we're asking for your suggestions for sightseeing! Also we're interested in visiting some museums etc, so don't leave those out.

First of all, we'll arrive at Berlin and we'll be staying out there for ~4-5 days. Anything special that we should go and see? I mean, stuff like Brandenburg gate, cathedral, Charlottenburg palace we'll probably pick up anyways. Something out of ordinary? Also, tips on something like awesome bars/restaurants are welcomed.

Secondly we're planning on stopping at Leipzig for a day or two and possibly doing daytrip to Dresden. All I've really heard about those two cities are that they're beautiful, and the Dresden city bombing during WW2.

Thirdly we'll arrive at Frankfurt am Main from where we'll be doing daytrips to Heidelberg and Burg Eltz (should be something worth seeing, yes?), but we have extra day to spend there.

Fourth and final destination is München and at least our plan is to have daytrip to both Neuschwanstein and Zugspite and hopefully manage to spend some time in Garmisch-Partenkirchen too. Some extra days there too.

Anything we might've missed? ^^

Deleted
    Don't forget to go to the former West-East German border control. Or just follow the outlines of the Berlin wall.

If you are into museums, you might think about visiting the "Deutsches Museum" (German Museum) in München.
    It's the world's largest museum of science and technology and i absolutely love it.

I live near munich, but frankly I'm not sure what is really worth to take a look at. Hofbräuhaus is probably one of the things, even though I don't think it is very special. The carillion/glockenspiel of the town hall is also kinda a tourist thing. The "Frauenkirche" is also among that, as well as the English Garden (Englischer Garten) , but that is mostly to get drunk and enjoy a bit of nature inside a city . Musum wise we have a bunch of smal art related ones, haven't been to them in ages though. The "Neue Pinakothek" along with the "Alte Pinakothek". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunstareal , if you really want to they were mostly okay, but "Pinakothek der Moderne" was terrible back then, unless you are really into modern art and consider disassembled washing machines as art ..
    The "Deutsches Museum" is more for technology and stuff, but is probably kinda pathetic by todays standards, but apparently it is still one of largest ones out there.

If you arive by plane though and plan on using public transportation, let me give you one piece of knowledge that seems to constantly irritate strangers: Yes both trains, the S1 and the S8 when labled like that go to the airport. I've been asked this 6 times already and I have no clue why people don't grasp it, the picture clearly shows it.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2014-06-28 at 08:49 PM.