Poll: Poll

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

If someone threatens to kill you online, do you take it seriously?

As the title says.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Deleted
    "Fuck you noob you stupid fuck i'll find your house and kill you fucking retard"

Who could possibly take it seriously?

Deleted
    Didn't you post this identical thread before?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...are-you-afraid

No I dont take it seriously. How could i..

Deleted
    No, I've stared down the barrel of a gun and a few other serious cases in my life so some 14yo threatening online does very little to concern me.

Seem to recall a post some years ago where someone was threatened in a dungeon group, repeatadly. If I remember correctly the blizz gm he got in contact "sent it to the proper authorities". So if you want, you CAN take such threats online seriously.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year
    I work for the Department of Corrections in a prison full of rapist and murderers. So no, death threats dont even phase me. If a death threat from an inmate who has nothing to lose since hes in there for life doesnt scare me, why would a 14 year old kid scare me?

10+ Year Old Account
    What joy is there in the Internet if you can't make a couple death threats? In jest of course...

..In jest.

...in jest

Deleted
    No. Why would I waste time thinking about the possibility that some turd online is mental enough, and living close enough, to try to kill me over some comments online?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    No. Why would I waste time thinking about the possibility that some turd online is mental enough, and living close enough, to try to kill me over some comments online?
    Never question the mental state of someone online. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Demindar View Post
    I work for the Department of Corrections in a prison full of rapist and murderers. So no, death threats dont even phase me. If a death threat from an inmate who has nothing to lose since hes in there for life doesnt scare me, why would a 14 year old kid scare me?
    Because the average 14 year old internet kid is far more unpredictable than the average criminal - who probably had a reason (albeit a bad one) for doing what he did.

Nope. People die all the time. People threaten peoples lives more than that. First of all I have no idea who is on one end. Who is on the other. Who to contact. Like if I find out somehow that a guy is from Germany do I somehow contact the German Embassy and tell them that I saw a post online about a death threat or something? Sounds like by the time they started taking me seriously and something happened the kid would already likely be laid out dead if he was really going to do it.

Now if I KNEW both parties personally and thought the person making the threat was able and willing? Ok now we got a case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I tell them that im skilled in gorilla warfare. I swer on me mum !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been given death threats online for something as simple as having the audacity to roll a DK. They're never serious, and if someone actually hunted me down I'd be more surprised than terrified.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Never question the mental state of someone online. Ever.
    Oh I question the mental state of people on these very forums all the time, but I'm not worried they might kick my door in and try to skin me.

Deleted
    If you play LoL / DOTA, you get them on a daily basis. Well, dozen on a daily basis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    If you play LoL / DOTA, you get them on a daily basis. Well, dozen on a daily basis.
    Can back this up, apparently my nan is being fucked right now by a dude playing Teemo and this will kill her, who'd of known :/

As for myself, i've never been threatened with death; But i have been "Threatened", which is a rather more serious way of saying people have PM'd me wishing they could slap the shit out of me

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I question the mental state of people on these very forums all the time, but I'm not worried they might kick my door in and try to skin me.
    What I mean is, rather or not a person is mental enough isn't even a question on the Internet. They are.

Deleted

Keep thinking that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    people have PM'd me wishing they could slap the shit out of me
    Sounds like a fun night in a dungeon tbh.