Poll: Poll

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I wouldn't but i've never had a death threat off or online, would still report him/her though just for the lols even if the police were involved

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post

Keep thinking that.
    Don't make me get the axe.

(what is that even a picture of?)

Edit: Oh it's Predator, I see now it's a tree. I don't think we have to worry about invisible murder-nerds :P
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-06-28 at 08:44 PM.

Deleted
    I'd report them to the police.

If they're trolling, they will think twice in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the context. If it was something stupid like the "i kill u noob" stuff most people in this thread have gone with, I take it with a grain of salt. But, if someone starts sending me messages on, say, Facebook; messages that include my address, where I work, how they intend to kill me and why, I'd do a little more than raise an eyebrow at that. The medium over which the death threat isn't relevant to me - the content of the threat itself is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

I don't, but the police will

Depends. If it was a single outburst of rage? No. If the person starts stalking though? Absolutely. Wasn't there this case of the freak that started to hunt down some guy who kept kniving him in counter strike and then sticked a real knife into him IRL?

Nah why should I take it seriously?

No, I don't take it seriously when people do it over the phone or in person either. Long list of people who are going to kill me, kick my ass, fuck me up, etc and Im still here.
    My life sucks, no one would be nice enough to end it.

heh, when topics like this come up i remember that one scene with the cop character from G-Mod idiot Box.

Deleted
    I usually tell them what town I live in. So far nobody has shown up.

Do people play fast and loose with words while on the Internet?

You do know that me calling you a "fucking twat, and that I'll fucking kill you cause you're a twat" is much easier than me actually carrying out said act?

If people aren't taking themselves seriously, you shouldn't either.

They aren't credible, and you shouldn't grant them credence.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

could have sworn I posted in this thread before. oh wait you made the exact same one for whatever reason.

same answer as before. laughs for everyone.

unless it's someone with a criminal record and who knows my address I wouldn't take it even close to seriously. I'd probably mock them a bit though

10+ Year Old Account
    if the game has a report feature.. i report them. thats about as serious as i take it. you wanna ruin my fun with your poor attempt at humor, ill ruin yours by getting you banned. might not be anything to you, but it makes me feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Hasn't he made a thread exactly like this before?

Of course not, why in the world would I take someone on the internet seriously? That'd be ridiculous.

context. also if i know them.

Deleted
    I take those childish "post this in 5 other videos or your mum dies" more seriously than online death threats.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone is dumb enough to threaten you with violence over the internet where it's easily recorded, they are setting themselves up for some grade A trolling via law enforcement. You can fuck someone up real good just based on something typed out in chat.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Not even in the slightest.