Poll: Poll

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Death threats are almost always made by some teenager who most likely lives states or countries away. I don't think his mum and dad will pay money to have him come kill me lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

If someone tries to threat me with violence, in most cases it lead to me starting to troll them and playing along.

A guy once threatened to come over on his moped to kick my ass. Needless to say, I laughed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never take them seriously, but I report them all the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    If you play LoL / DOTA, you get them on a daily basis. Well, dozen on a daily basis.
    As far as LoL goes, I've only seen that happen normally between two people who are both toxic. Only a handful of times have I personally received such comments on there. But I normally don't talk when I play so *shrug*. I'm prolly just lucky.

OT: No. The only time I might take it seriously is if I know the person and I know they might be willing to carry out the threat. Otherwise, there's no reason for me to take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    context. also if i know them.
    i should elaborate on this.

If someone on WoW says "You stupid idiot, I'm gonna f*cking kill you" I'd lol

If someone I knew, or messaged me on facebook and said it I'd be a little more worried, mostly because i have means of possibly finding who they are. Also for a threat to be treated as such I think it needs to be specific.

Example: "You are a piece of shit. I'm gonna smash your f*cking head in with a goddamn hammer tonight. Then we'll see who's laughing!"

Cops take the above more..."serious" because in that sentence there's a time frame (tonight) and a method (hammer + head)

salandrin is the jaylock of off-topic

There should be a midterm, like:
    "laugh it off but slightly increase vigilance"

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Never question the mental state of someone online. Ever.
    That's stupid. Everything should be questioned in life. Always.

I voted no, but, the key here is appropriate discretion, for instance:"Dickfuck bitch stupid noob stop ganking me I'll fucking come to your house and kill you." I wouldn't take seriously, but if there was repeated harassment and attempt to contact outside of game through like e-mail or forum private messages or something like that then yes I would report it.
    Last edited by Granda; 2014-06-29 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Didn't you post this identical thread before?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...are-you-afraid
    You made me notice this was a salandrin thread.
    On topic, no.