Should I open a ticket?

Hello everyone. I did big silly mistake yesterday. Bought six store mounts from a guy in trade chat. Bought them with the gold, received them in my mailbox, used them for hours. When i logged in to the game in the evening, mounts were gone. I did speak some folks in the game and they told me about stolen credit cards, the methods of this fraud.

The thing is, should I open a ticket for this incident? Is there any chance to receive my gold back?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you really didn't know they were fraudulently purchased, then explain that to a GM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    If you really didn't know they were fraudulently purchased, then explain that to a GM.
    This happened to me once. One mount. Here is what they will tell OP:

Since the purchase was made outside of Blizzard regulated transactions, the gold is gone.

He won't ever see the gold again. On a good note, that account won't be compromised any more, feel good that you helped make that happen OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    u r boned.

sorry bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering you broke the rules. I would guess no, you won't get it back.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    I really don't know about these kind of things.

@Ebbikenezer , so I will not receive any gold either?

Worth a shot, however dont get your hopes up. They do clearly state in their terms and conditions that buying real money items are not supported from 3rd parties.

At worse they say no, but maybe they can get it back from the person with a stolen credit card or hacked account.

Easy way to know if something is allowed to be traded in game for gold, you can put it in a trade window. If they dont put it into a trade window/AH its not supported and most likely a scam or fraud.