Profs with good synergy for a hunter

Currently I have LW/Skinning on my hunter. Is there anything apart from skinning that would flow nicely with LW for MoP+mainly WOD?

10+ Year Old Account
    Combat bonuses are gone in WoD. So I guess it mostly comes down to access of craftables. If you have alts/guildies that can provide gems/enchants etc you could go for crafting materials for gold, or, well, basically anything goes really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Combat bonuses are gone in WoD. So I guess it mostly comes down to access of craftables. If you have alts/guildies that can provide gems/enchants etc you could go for crafting materials for gold, or, well, basically anything goes really.
    Not worried about the combat bonuses, I'm more or less looking for a second profession to compliment LW, and IDK if i'd like skinning as some of the tooltips that were data mined state that the leather was "stitched together with one of the herbs"

- - - Updated - - -

Im leaning towards tailoring as I am almost always on my hunter and the extra cloth would be a bonus? any suggestions

I don't think there's any crafting profession that compliments LW more than the other. You could make an argument for tailoring I suppose since the raw materials are from farming and not dependent on a gathering profession. However, I'd make a case for Enchanting where you can DE unwanted crafted items from LW.

Engineering is always fun to have, I suspect even with WoD changes there will still be some fun stuff like the Blingtron fights they've talked about.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Any gathering prof. As your pet is in combat you can gather resources - skinning/mining/herbing doesn`t matter which you pick.

Engineering and Leatherworking for damage boost, its what i run with.

Next expansion Leatherworking / Alchemy will generally be best for all leather / mail users
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Skinning complements LW like no other, why not stick with that. Tailoring and enchanting are also professions that give you bonus materials that you wouldn't get without them. Extra cloth drops or DEing gear that you would otherwise vendor.

I'd stick with skinning. Skinning rares/elites/raid mobs will get your high end mats for LW - otherwise how would you get them? Buy them?