Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Instead of disenchanting gloves I got from Oondasta I right clicked them, equipped and disenchanted my heroic tier gloves.

Currently waiting for item restoration. Item upgrades, gems and enchant will probably be gone

Accidentally selected the wrong gems on the Auction House, and so my priest had a handful of Armour Penetration gems in her gear back in Wrath. Some of the guys were like; "Yeh, I hear ArP is the best thing for Priests these days, right Hyve?"

When I noticed I just laughed my ass off.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Yes of course I bought arrows..."

"Err..."
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post
    Our rogue's off-hand dagger broke during Madness, so he equipped the Skinning Knife. We still downed him.

All hail the Skinning Knife.
    At least he equipped something!

A few fails I remember. Once during TBC our MT died to Illidans Sheer I think it was? (where he jumps up high and then lands on the MT with a powerful attack). We find out this was because his shield was broken. One of our Paladins says on teamspeak "You are NOT REPAIRED" mocking illidans TBC cinematic.

Another was, our immortal runs in wrath. I died on the dance fight. I had to this point never died or even been hit by the waves during the dance phase. Oh well always next week lads! (we did it but only after 2 of my shaman team failed on different fights!) the horror.

The very first time I tried to enchant someone's gear, I didn't know you could enchant it from the little box in the trade window.
    So I told the person, "accept trade and I'll enchant it for you"

Naturally they canceled the trade

Deleted
    Not my own fail, but a couple of times, when I raided with my friend who plays a hunter, his weapon broke during a fight. He would whisper me to put a Jeeves down in the middle of the fight so he could repair.

I recently played a rated BG with a ring of the Kirin Tor equipped the whole time.

Here's an interesting one that started off fail...became WTF..and ended up a win.

Time travel back to tBC...my group was doing Karazhan. We had made it to the Opera event without any issues. The place was faceroll for us at this point and we were mainly there on alts to gain badges for gear and/or offspec stuff.

So one guy decides to go AFK when we start the Opera event and we don't think much of it. The event we got was the Wizard of Oz one and everything was going smoothly...until the Lion activated. He immediately ran for the AFK guy, who was sitting on the other side of the door. This caused the encounter to reset.

We all sighed, the guy came back (he had come back after the pull started the first time) and now all 10 of us were in the room. So we start the encounter again. As before, it all went smoothly until Tinhead was due to activate. And he just stood there...and stood there.....and didn't activate. We stood waiting for him, but he just wouldn't attack. Eventually the Witch spawned (with Tinhead still just standing there....). This confused us as we didn't think she could spawn without him, but the fight seems to have a failsafe built-in. So we think nothing of it and I proceed to pull and tank the Witch.

About halfway through killing the Witch, Tinhead decides to activate. I send the OT to pick him up and kite him as we kill the Witch. We figure that would end the encounter. So the Witch dies, and all DPS goes to Tinhead. This is where the big WTF kicks in: When we killed Tinhead a second Witch spawned.

Here is the win: We killed the second Witch and sure enough we got double loot for the encounter.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got kicked from a raid because my healing was very low compared to everyone else. Of course it was - I was healing with a Fishing Rod equipped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried to find fun in pvp before realising its a bolt on to a pve game. Never gonna try that again

Yesterday I killed myself on my holy priest by mass dispelling my rbg team that all had unstable affliction on them. I literally globalled myself xD

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Recent one:

Lvling a horde alt for the double agent achive

Ran thru the earth springs part of mara with 3 Spanish noobings

Initial mobs? A wipe of course, but I was running back, for some strange reason, the Mage was running back, me thinking "wait... Why is is going back"

Died as soon as I thought of it

Kicked the Spanish noob tank and went tank spec doe

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ring of the Kirin Tor,
    Guild Cloak (teleport to Orgrimmar),
    Brawler's ring,
    Golden Fleece,
    Blessed medallion of Karabor,
    Chef's hat,
    Safari hat,
    Fishing poles,
    Weather beaten fishing hat

These are all things that I have had equipped during raid and/or dungeon encounters.

My most amusing story though was back in early Cata when groups were going back and clearing ICC Heroic for achievements and mounts and stuff. I was in a pug with a blood elf with a name that sounded a lot like Fail-ass. The funny thing is he was terrible at the game, failing on just about every mechanic imaginable. It was simply too much to bear with a name like that. My friends and I on Ventrilo were greatly amused. Sadly for this guy he even managed to release after dying during the Lich King fight, so he missed out on the kill.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2014-07-23 at 03:29 PM.

At one time I had Divine Intervention next to Blessing of Might on my bars. We were getting ready to pull Blood Queen Lana'thel, buffing up, when suddenly I keeled over. I rearranged that skill bar shortly afterwards.

Back in early WotLK, I was leveling my paladin in Dragonblight and partied with another random paladin who was doing the same quests. We killed a quest elite, then made our way back to the questgivers, jumping off a large cliff to save time... oh wait, I used Divine Shield during that elite fight... It just amused me that not only did I mess up, the other paladin did the same thing. ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't really a fail, but it's close to being one....we were progressing madness HC, and out of the blue, I got DC'd. So I log back in, eat food, etc, then the combat starts. I press buttons and nothing happens. The "Can't do that right now" attack bug has happened to me. So the only thing I could have done was to spam Fan of Knives. Needless to say, the lack of dps was noticed by not succeeding in killing the parasite in time.

^^^ Nick Cage ^^^

I likely

I was in a boss fight, I forget the name of the guy but he had fire. I died in the fire and I got a brez...in the fire, and I died again.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got a new one

Lvling a horde toon, on the cudgel quest

Couldn't do anything, tried turning on PVP, log in and out, exited,everything

Only to find out I had to reapply the damn mask again

That time I got miffed at the game. Shoulda figured by that sometime sooner or later....

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have 4 engi characters, so the obvious jumping off cliff/building when you haven't put the glider on after getting new cloaks, also using rocket boots at the wrong time and getting the fail happen.

Also, the flying into wrong shrine, I have 14 toons and used to play half and half, and sometime go into wrong shrine, and also the going wrong direction in shrine because its backwards.

When I used to tank Thok on my DK, after wipe I'd use unholy to get back to boss quicker and forget to change back to blood, and get squished so quickly.

Having righteous fury on (as retadin) when helping mates out, when out of dungeons/raids, and forgetting to turn it off when I go into them.

And most importantly listening to mate when starting to play wow and playing on a PvP realm when wondering why I was getting 1 shotted by 60-70's on STV during BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    On every single alt I've leveled up to Northrend content, I've fallen to my death in that one spot in The Nexus.

I might be retarded.

I have roll glitched while going backwards off many a cliff, many a cliff...
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.