Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    My first character was a nightelf druid. My buddy who invited me to play WoW however was a human pally. He said I should go to Stormwind. So I decided to go there. When I was at rut theran there weren’t boats at that time, there were those placeholders that port you. However I didn’t talk to them so I walked by foot through darkshore ashenvale and barrens in order to swim from kalimdor to eastern kingdoms. I haven’t heard anything about fatigue until that point. I swam as far as I could. And I died. I tried to reach my corpse as ghost but that didn’t work. He rofld and told me then about those placeholders that port you so I used the ghost healer and walked back up got ported to Menethil Harbor and still walked the whole way from Menethil Harbor to Stormwind by foot dying several times (the hint that travelling on roads is save is so not true…)

This week my Ele-Shaman dinged 85. I didn’t want to quest through Pandaria again so I decided to take the TI grind. The first camp wasn’t even half down when I was oom and I was WTF?! I managed to escape barely alive. I ate and tried to chainlight them again, but I was oom again. I tried that several times until I noticed I didn’t have my lightning shield up. I still tend to forget lightning shield and weapon enhance so I made myself a WA with a stop sign if its not up.

When I first started the game and hit max level as a Warrior in BC, I took on a lowbie Warrior apprentice like another Warrior did to me when I was new. He was a little younger but fiercely loyal and tried really hard to impress me. I remember I was once running with him on foot from Auberdine to Astranaar because you had to back then and I don't remember what we were talking about but I ended up asking him why he would always type "f***" or "sh**" instead of the actual word. He didn't know you could disable the word filter, so I taught him how.

From then on, he would only refer to me as "Bitch".
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Edit: The title was supposed the be 'Failcraft'. Damn you, auto correct!

I've been camping Arcturis for 7 and a half hours now, watching Aliens while I wait.

4 minutes ago, at 9:32, he spawned.

I instantly laid down my freezing the trap, put Tame Beast on my hotbar, and to slow his approach; I right clicked him, intending to use concussive shot to slow his approach.

My bow auto attacked.

He died.

@#%&!!!

- - - - - - - - - - -

Your stories of failure?
    should have used a white bow!

My very first character was a nelf rogue, I didn't train sap because I was short on silver and I didn't see the use in it. (I was super noob)
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

In BC, when Disengage was first changed to send you backwards, I was in Netherstorm. The very first time I used the "new" spell, I send myself off into the Twisting Nether.

Was running Frozen Halls for the first time in the vain hope that I could get a Battered Hilt and maybe... just maybe I'd get something highly prestigious for the first time in an expansion, ya know? Well, I got hit by one of those ice dragons on level 2, and was cursed with Glacial Strike (Saps 3% of your health per second till healed to 100%). Only thing that kept me alive was Second Wind (Heal 3% per second when under 35%). I immedietly went, "And I thought Corrupt Blood was the last disease you could get in this game!" Ran out of the and flew all the way back to Stormwind and started asking around in general and trade for a healer to save me from this affliction (So I can play the game!). Had a crowd of a dozen or so people asking me "where the hell did you get a disease?" and "There are viruses in this game?", which made me laugh. Half-an-hour or so later, got a tell from a resto saying she'd relieve me for a mere 500g. Negotiated it down to 150g. After the dead was done, I thanked her, and... guess what? She literally laughed in my face!

"U know, u couldv just striped naked and jumped of ur flying mount and rez, no sickness. But if ur wondering: I am not sry for ripping u of."
    Darn it!

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2014-10-02 at 05:41 AM.

I thought it was a good idea to use Ra'sha's sacrificial Dagger to commit suicide when I got Malice on Garrosh hc P4, because the debuff would stop ticking once I was dead, right? Well, it didn't, i bombed the raid, we wiped at <1% and had to try for about another hour or so to kill the boss.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2014-10-02 at 05:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healed an entire raiding night with my fishing rod equipped.. However some this was back in Wrath I never really noticed it before my raid leader wrote to me after raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Casual raid group with my friends who just got back from years of unsub.
    I'm there on my warrior, trying to DPS. Then our tank has to leave, I switch to prot and pull the boss.
    WTF WHY I can't shieldslam?
    Oh fuck. I forgot to change gear. (playing glad prot on beta has some sideeffects )
    I quickly grabbed a shield and 1H and proceeded to tank the boss, but healers didn't really like it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aus Nate View Post
    I have 4 engi characters, so the obvious jumping off cliff/building when you haven't put the glider on after getting new cloaks, also using rocket boots at the wrong time and getting the fail happen.
    Reminds me of Aldor Rise in BC. I used to play mage, I just jumped off the cliff and blinked, landing me on the floor safely, instantly. Sadly I continued jumping off after switching to another class...

For a while the keybinds for my rising sun kick and flying serpent kick were a shift modifier apart.

Sometimes while frantically button mashing I would fly off into a different direction instead of kicking my target.

After a mishap at Lumber Mill in Arathi basin, my FSK was rebound to a new key.

Played a Lock back in early BC. We got this new awesome spell called "Seed of Corruption". Me being the crazy one I am, decided to rename it "Sploodge Cannon", which I would of course announce with every cast. Sadly though for quite some time seed of corruption was bugged and would travel through walls etc when it would burst aoe after sustaining X amount of damage. Imagine my raids surprise when we walk up the stairs of Karazhan to the ballroom in front of Moroes' room. The tank pulls, I yell "SPLOODGE CANNONNNNN!!!" in vent and not only does the mobs he pulls come down upon us, but a rather large group of trash from the other side of the wall in the bosses room as well.

Needless to say.. I stopped announcing my new flashy spell of AWESOME and even took it off my bar until Blizzard fixed it a patch later.

I have two.

First, Leroy'd the Faction Champs in ToCr 25 on the last pull of the night. Completely by accident.

Second, thought I could tank Strat with my 55 holy pally.

I have a druid and i am using the Steelseries Cataclysm Edition mouse which has like 16-17 extra buttons that are actually keyboard combinations like CRTL+SHIFT+F4. CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G etc. and this 1 time, well actually multiple times, when i was in the frenzy of surviving as tank in HC progress i would press a lot of buttons at the same time... which would activate my "get out of any form macro" (used in PvP to avoid hibernates or scare beast) -> BooOooOoM 1-shot... "why did u die? i could swear i saw u in normal form!". Also this sparked many jokes like "the bravest bear tank eu" =)) ah well.

Also this 1 time in progression i tested HoTW catform as tank when we were "wiping anyways". What? I like testing

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fresh fails of the week!

First of the fails is my hunt doing a flex Garry group; after I killed the engineer, I had a derp moment on me and thought I could survive the iron star blast, nope, proceeded to wipe, but recovered to kill him

Fail 2: pride group on my warr; things gone a bit wrong... Literally; pretty much tanked the boss in fury spec when I shoulda switched to battle stance, it sucks hc when warr's gotta do that, not knowing why they got aggro lol

I have been known to do fishing when I can while waiting.

Ulduar. Ignis. Was fishing in the pool while waiting. Forgot to re-equip. Did the whole fight using a fishing rod. Did not even notice until the fight was over.

on my rogue I bound mousewheel down to Feint and ctrl + mousewheel down to zoom out the camera.

After dying several dozen times from not holding down ctrl to zoom out while flying around, I made a macro for my feint that checks to make sure I'm not mounted before casting it. T_T

I was up on the horde airship over northrend. At the time my 2 fave mounts were the Cenarian Hippogryph and Swift Green Hawkstrider. I didnt know about mount macro for flying and ground minds in 1 button thing, so I had them on 2 separate buttons. Well they look similar so I accidentally mounted on my hawkstrider, not realizing it. Ran to the edge of the airship and jumped. Imagine my surprise when I plummeted tot he ground and died.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    fresh new fail!

using the bloodlust drums.....

WHEN THERE ISNT COMBAT!

Couple of days ago I was cleaning up my inventory and organizing some transmog sets. So I'd stripped my characters gear and accidentally put about half his armor in void storage, thus deleting all the enchants and gems >_<

half of my deaths on my alts are because my main is a druid. The number of time I jumped off something and tried to hit ´flight form´ is just sad.

Probably my biggest ´group fail´ was I think level 80 on my warrior alt. I tank a lot on my druid, so knew the dungeons inside and out.. so I respecced to protection warrior and figured I would try tanking as a warrior. Run into the dungeon, first pack of mobs

your skill in 1-handed swords has increased to .1
    your skill in 1-handed swords has increased to .2
    your skill in 1-handed swords has increased to .3

Needless to say I didn´t get aggro on anything.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2014-10-30 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Sometimes when my main (who is an engineer) gets a new cloak and i forget to tinker parachute/glider onto it, so you get the "Let's take the short way down *jump off cliff* Now glider... OH SHIIIIIII*thud*" :P
    yep...definately been there...more than once...