Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Shopping mall and... well, anything really.

I got 5 different supermarkets within less than 5 minutes walking distance and another 2 within 10-15 minutes, fastfood places within 5 minutes of walking and 5 bars or pubs within same distance.. pretty impressive for living in a small town with a population count of 5959.

I live in Los Angeles, we (CA) have everything you could ever want to do; just nothing within walking distance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in the middle of town. Court house and grocery store are 3 blocks away in opposite directions. YMCA and hospital are 5 blocks away. Wal-Mart is across town and all the fast food places are in between here and there. I could walk to them, but I'd likely get run over around here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never really need to drive anywhere unless it's for very specific niche shops or vacations/excursions.

Close by: city center, shopping mall, park, river, train station, bus station, schools, kindergartens, library, football court, volleyball court, hospital, emergency room, lakes, forest, mountains, beach, local concert/show area, grocery store, police station, fire station, court house, town hall, football stadium, my favorite brewery, museum. Basically, everything I need on a daily basis and more within 30min walking distance.

Drammen, Norway.

I live in a small town of about 1000 ppl, I can walk to several local businesses like a hardware store, grocery, schools, etc. + the neighboring town , and about 6 bars.

Deleted
    the town center and shops, train station, a few schools, hospital, library, tennis courts, a few pubs and take aways. about it for walking distance.

About a mile from my house is a park and a 7-11. Other than that every shopping/food thing is like 2+ miles.

Deleted
    A corner shop, an old persons home, a few churches and a small religious elementary school.

Exciting as fuck living in the countryside eh?

Taking a half hour bus ride into Cambridge gives me much more things though, so i'm not that far away from humanity.

I guess I'm about ... 30 minutes from three different grocers, same for 2 pharmacies, one bank and one bank ATM, plus associated strip-mall eateries and some service stores. Nothing within 10-15 minutes walk. My city was planned out in a 1 by 1 mile grid, and my house is pretty much dead center in the middle of one of those squares, 10 just to get to a main street with anything besides houses on it.

Well no. There is a school about 5 minutes away, a tiny playground with a climbing jungle gym sort of structure and a sandy volleyball area, as well as a community pool with a small water slide. We don't have much use for the playground though, and typically just go past it on our walks.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Supermarket plaza with a Goodwill, Chinese take out, Pizza restaurant, Dunkin Donuts and a Thai Nail Salon.
    Elementary School
    Post Office
    Church

If you drive for 10 minutes you can get to main avenue with all the main shops another 5 minutes will get you to downtown where everything is.
    Last edited by Ave07; 2014-06-29 at 08:20 PM.

There's woods to the south, mountains and more woods to the north, woods to the west and woods to the east and also a small village shop and pub just within walking distance if you go east

About anything is in true walking distance. When my truck got crushed by a tree I walked a lot of places. 5-7 miles in one direction is considered walking distance to me though

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see Dominoes, a sports bar and a pie bakery from my front window. Also a golf course, pretty much it. Walking distance to a gas station, and a bit further takes me to a now closed restaurant.

Near my house is a forest. Next is a small quarry.

10+ Year Old Account
    A police station, a bank, two pizza places, a bar, two sandwich shops, a 7-11, an independent gas station, a fire department and a couple of hobos.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm right in the center of my city so...everything? To note a few: McDonald's, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Burger King, Tucanos, other local fast food/restaurants, University Shopping Mall, an archery range, 2 elementary schools, 1 high school, 1 college, many business plazas, my own workplace, etc etc. All of these are within a 1 hour walking distance, with many being mere minutes to get to.

Deleted
    I dont own a car so pretty much everything is within walking distance because it has to be:P

Football field, bus stop, KFC, convenience store, dentist, bar.