Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Sorry wasn't aware 45 min a day was considered a huge time sink.

Being a slave to the AH is not really all that bad, if you want to make money legit and not be a 'slave' you have to be a 'farmer slave' vs 'AH slave'

No matter what, theres no easy way to make 10-20-100k a day unless your really pushing something hard or multiple streams of something hard,

I have 4 alchemists pumping out the Living Steel like no tomorrow, so thats slaving, slaving at all the ore i collect, since my # 1 rule to becoming a multi-millionaire in wow is NEVER BUY ANYTHING

Yeah, i horde gold sue me

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, just playing the game without buying unnecessary items will net you a lot of gold. Having alts to farm everything yourself helps greatly. There isn't much more to it if you ask me.

The professions I have on my main are jewelcrafting and enchanting.
    And I have 6 alchemists and 6 scribes.

I usually make 6 to 10 King's Amber gem per day (Yes WotLK gem) and cut them into Smooth King's Amber or Quick King's Amber and sell them for 200g each. (people still buy them on my server (Outland-Alliance))
    I used to make real money from inscription early in MoP (I have 6 scribes), but now the trinkets are out-dated.

My current gold making consists of logging into my three Alchemists and using the daily transmute to Living Steel, then logging my two Engineers and making a Jard's (-> Sky Golems), then my two tailors for Imperial Silk (-> Royal Satchels), then my BS to make a Balanced Ingot and a Lightning Ingot (-> SoO craftables and Reborn weapons), then my LW to make Hardened Magnificent HIde (-> SoO craftables).

Sounds like a lot but it mostly consists of logging, hitting "craft" and logging out. I buy all the necessary mats from the AH, only one that takes time is the constant supply of Trillium to make all that Living Steel (which the Sky Golems and Reborn weapons both require).

Tailoring bags are the most reliable profit makers, the margins are good but not amazing. The Reborn weapons are the most profitable (they still sell for insane amounts, Lionheart especially - the axes are also popular because of the Orc racial) but take a long time to make. The LW and BS craftables sell for a decent amount, really I only make them because it only takes a click though.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    It takes 45 mins of your time, thats doing more than just nothing.

OP, try battered hilt farming. I can usually find one within half an hour, and it sells for 6k+. Go into Pit of Sauron, clear all the trash in 3 mins, run out reset and do it again. The frostweave cloth you get also sells for 700-1k gold. And you vendor another 500g of grey items + greens.
    Its a proactive effort, but once you get the gist of the pattern, you will be making 10k+ gold an hour. Its pretty easy. When you run out of instance attempts, switch to any alt above a 496 ilevel, and redo it.

Alternatively, corner the market in something your profession makes. Old world profession leveling stuff works out nicely.
    Somewhat RNG dependent, also dependent on the economy of your server, and fiddly. I'm sure it works but I can see why he said "with no effort".

Though personally I find planting on more than 1-2 alts frustrating. I used to do it on about 5 toons a day, could've done a lot more but it gets really old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    only one that takes time is the constant supply of Trillium to make all that Living Steel
    Solution: convert Ghost Iron bars into Trillium via transmute? It's not on a daily CD. Living steel's optional transmute using spirits isn't on CD either.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

The advice here is the golden way to go.

Deleted
    farm pit of saron hc, don't kill any bosses you can reset the trash 10 times/hr

lots of greens and grays to sell and if the hilt drops you can sell it for 10k + depending on your realm

Whats so bad about AH slave? You can stick to do it just wensday, thursday and friday, the useal best selling days. And then leave rest off the week to anything else.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    My advise all tho already a lot of people said it here

First - invest in buying the biggest bags possible. Run Molten core, Karazan, Black Temple and Sunwell. Sell everything to a vendor = many gold.
    Second - invest in buying few stacks of Potion of Luck. Farm the mogus in VoEB. The keys they drop open a chest which contain between 25 to 35g + extra chest with crafting mats and cooking ingredients with a good vendor price. The chest from the Potion of Luck also contain (after the nerf unfortunately) between 2 to 10g with again some crafting mats. Sell everything + chest drops = many gold.
    Third - farm the pandaria rares. The items they drop are worth 10-15g and they have a chence to drop a green bag that contain gold + some crafting mats
    Forth - do the achivment http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7997#comments. You can do it once per char, but i think it was yielding around 2k gold and you can done it in 30 mins tops = easy gold
    Fifth - when you get around 540 ilvl you can try to farm the the quest items for http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8342#comments. If u manage to get all of them the bags you get from defeating the bosses yield between 500 to 900g. So this achievment is worth about 6k to 9k gold AND you iwll have a lot of fun (subjective of course).

A lot of people say to DE the greenies. However you said you don't want to be AH slave, so don't DE anything. Just vendor it. Most of the time the green weapons are atlest 15 to 35 g. It is "raw" gold as i call it. A gold you receive right now, not after 24-48 hours after AH post.

Just pick up EVERYTHING that drops and sell EVERYTHING to the vendor.

I sell a pet powerleveling service on my realm. Using tamer dailies, you can boost a pet from 1-25 in about 30 min if you already have a couple good 25 pairs to power through with. Good pets for this are Anubisath Idol. Best part is, there is not much competition for this service since very few people want to do pet battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    I sell a pet powerleveling service on my realm. Using tamer dailies, you can boost a pet from 1-25 in about 30 min if you already have a couple good 25 pairs to power through with. Good pets for this are Anubisath Idol. Best part is, there is not much competition for this service since very few people want to do pet battles.
    Doesn't power leveling pets require at least 1 lv 25 pet to be effective? If so, what's the best method to getting that first pet up to lv 25
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Doesn't power leveling pets require at least 1 lv 25 pet to be effective? If so, what's the best method to getting that first pet up to lv 25
    Ideally, you would want a couple pairs of lvl 25 pets that you can group with your lowbie so that all the xp would go to the lowbie. Getting the first few pets to 25 takes a little work, but nothing that can't be done in a single day. Some tamers give a bonus xp boost on defeat over just random battles too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what you mean by AH slave, but if you have even basic understanding of what enchants/gems classes need for PVE content, you can just keep throwing a few of those up every time they sell. Very little effort.

Level enchanting and DE all those epics from all the lfr gets you a nice pile of gold. Allso you can de all those crappy timeless epics for your armor class.

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    There seems to be three options that I know of, and I would like to know which one is honestly the best for someone who is a tank (as in, can't do much dps to mobs). With that in mind, here are the three options

1) Dailies, Timeless Isle, Farm, Isle of Thunder...etc

2) Professions, which leads to....

3) being an AH slave

I am SURE that being an AH slave is probably the best efficiency in gold/time, but......no. I can't do that and I dont have the economics to back me up. And by that I dont mean gold (well, I dont have much of that either...), I mean fundamental theories and shit.

I dont know what to do...

The "shuffle" seems interesting, as I have both maxed mining and jewelcrafting if I recall correctly....just not on my main account.....which sucks...because I find monk tanks even slower questers than DK tanks iirc.
    Tiller's Farm as Kektonic noted. All you're doing is investing time for profit, even if it's a small amount. If you line that up with running old raids (e.g. for chasing after pets or Bastion of Twilight trash farming for transmog items), MoP heroic 5-mans and MoP LFRs, you'll net plenty of coin a week. Maybe a couple professions as well, like selling disenchanting materials and/or transmutations, mining and herbing. You really don't need to sit in front of the AH. You toss your stuff up and walk away. If it doesn't sell, put it back up and walk away.

Many don't want to do this, but I found it works for me and nets a decent day's pay, is taking advantage of your instant queue as a tank. I'm not saying to sell runs or anything. Keep chaining heroics (they only last 10-15 minutes) and rolling need on the items that you can roll need on, so afterward you can vendor greys/whites/greens/blues for profit. I know it sounds desperate, but you have the option to roll and no one needs the gear. They usually speak up if they do. Plan out your week on what you'll do. Hope this helps a bit.
    Last edited by DeleteThisUser; 2014-08-03 at 08:02 AM.

On my server, lower level herbs or ores ( as copper ore for example) have sky roof prices. if you go farm once a week for a half an hour, you cen go easy for 500-1000 golds really easy.
    Btw you always should do the farm at tiller's. that is easy money, for example doing it whit tailoring will grant you 1 royal satchel bag every 12 days (2.5k on my server before, 1.8k now) so you can do the math.

i have two accounts.
    1 i use for the action house.
    1 i use for playing on.

I spent a long time going over all the (mostly) rare items and rare world drops, but also all kinds of gear.
    (wowhead.com = my second home back in the days, now i only have to update the items every now and then something new is released).
    There are also lots is sites that lists which rare items, transmog lists etc etc are most sought after)

I then entered all those items into the addon named tradeskillmaster (lots of guides on how to use it, takes time though).
    I have set it up so that if a item is below my "buy it now threshold", i will snipe that item.

Then every so often i get the items i won and scrolling my mousewheel, (which is keybinded to macro) i can post hundreds and hundreds of items incredibly fast, at the "rollback price i had decided for each of the items". Rince and repeat.

I also sell pets. If i need to go to a new low pop server i send several timeless isle items to the new banker, then vendor the items for 50 g each (gives a decent starting capital on a new lvl 1 to sell stuff on the ah). Usually i buy pets on a high pop server and sell then for like 3-4 times the price on the new low pop server. Then i buy a lvl 2 guild. Everytime i bother to check that toon i can collect from 40 to 80 k, usually once a day. When that toon has max gold, "999.999" gold, in the guildbank, i send heirlooms to the banktoon and lvl it to 10. Then i make another lvl 1 toon on that realm and invite it to the guild. Then im able to transfere the toon and guild to another realm, should i want that.
    The pet market have dried up a bit, since people started to dupe them, its really sad. Hopefully it will pick up more, when wod comes and more people starts to play.

Ive never used professions and never farmed stuff. Never powerleveled or boosted people.
    I spend maybe max 2 hours a day, when i can be bothered. Ofc in the beginning i was online pretty much all afternoons.

I think my method is absolutely genius. It takes a long time and dedication to learn how to do it, but once you do, you win and sell items incredibly fast, thanks to the mousescroll wheel macro method. I have several banktoons that has made around 16 mill each, + all those lone bankers out on realms with 1 mill, just sitting there.

edit: if you decide to try this out, maybe just start with 1 item. When you get the hang of things you can increase the number of items you want to track. You need to keep an eye out though on the prices, and update how much you are wiling to buy a item for, and the roll back price, every so often, due to inflation. Every server is different.
    Last edited by gamerboymmo; 2014-08-06 at 02:45 AM.