Preferred status ok for enjoying the class stories?

Topic pretty much says it. Is it OK, or the restrictions would be too bothersome?

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    You lose about 25% experience from being f2p and you dont get sprint/mounts as soon as a subbed person would if you dont mind walking its not that bad
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

It's perfectly doable, you will notice though that unless you do some pvp, dungeons or other group content, you'll lag behind on XP and that will cause you some trouble.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no trouble with it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

You might want to sub for double xp week if you are planning on playing a fair amount.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It feels very slow, but it is acceptable. Whenever I know I'll be leveling characters I tend to sub for that month. Doubly so when it is a double xp week like this upcoming one.
    BAD WOLF

If you plan on doing all of the group content as you go, then it will be fine. If you want to strictly do the class stories and only what can be soloed, you will probably fall behind pretty quickly. I suggest subbing until you finish the stories, then simply unsubbing if you have no intentions of playing the end game.

I'm fairly sure if you just do planet and class quest content, you can get through the game without too much trouble. If you do a bonus series here and there, it'll help out, but you won't need to do all of them.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from questing being a little slower, enjoying the story and just 'seeing' the game is definitely doable with preferred status. I considered coming back just to leveling something I hadn't before, and I was going to do it without paying a penny. Many players just play to level the classes and thats it. The negatives are there, sure, but if you are only interested in seeing the leveling then by all means go and do it! You won't regret it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also you can get some unlocks to help you along your way - as well as the free 7 days subscription...

-----
    Free 7 days subscription + character transfer + bonus unlocks:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/Bs2wmh
    Last edited by ThunderDU; 2014-07-15 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksaf View Post
    Topic pretty much says it. Is it OK, or the restrictions would be too bothersome?
    its not to bad if you just wanna quest, but if you try doing more than just every quest on each planet you can start noticing the glaring strictions. like me personally wish there wasn't a restriction on how many warzones you can do per week especially with the warzone event going on till the 7/22 but as others have said if you just wanna see the story of a class as a preferred status player its not to hard you'll have to do more of the side quests on each planet so

I'd say sub for a month to level, you get your money's worth for sure and get access to the level 50+ content as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'd say sub for a month to level, you get your money's worth for sure and get access to the level 50+ content as well.
    Do you know if you have to get a char up to 50+ while subbed to keep access to it once unsubbed?

-----

You don't. If you sub once you unlock all the Makeb stuff, which includes 50-55.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDU View Post
    Do you know if you have to get a char up to 50+ while subbed to keep access to it once unsubbed?

-----

I know you are trying to get your link out there, but come on.... You only have 10 posts so far and each one of them has your link in it.