Deleted

Looking For Help

Hi Guys and gals,

Need some help upgrading my pc. Im on a really tight budget but think its think to see what i need to upgrade.

I only ever play WoW but with the new release coming it would be nice to be running the best i can.

This is what i currently have: -

Motherboard : - ASRock N68-s
    CPU: - AMD Athlon II X3 425
    Memory:- DDR2 4096MB
    Graphics:- Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti
    Hard Drive :- MDT MD50 SCSI Disk Drive

I know its all pretty old now but gotta start somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by lee29a View Post
    I know its all pretty old now but gotta start somewhere
    There's not really a point to. Save up and just get a new one, there's no reason to bother upgrading that.

If you got a CPU, you'd need a motherboard and RAM to go with it. I don't know what Power Supply you're using, but whatever you're upgrading, you'll most likely need that too. So there really is no point when it'll just be a combination of half good and half bad, with the half bad dragging the rest down with it. You're better off just saving up and then stating your actual budget so someone can recommend a build to get that fits that budget.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    There's not really a point to. Save up and just get a new one, there's no reason to bother upgrading that.

If you got a CPU, you'd need a motherboard and RAM to go with it. I don't know what Power Supply you're using, but whatever you're upgrading, you'll most likely need that too. So there really is no point when it'll just be a combination of half good and half bad, with the half bad dragging the rest down with it. You're better off just saving up and then stating your actual budget so someone can recommend a build to get that fits that budget.
    Ok so if i said had £500.00 as my budget what would be best to do???

My PSU is ez cool 800watt, i think its a bit OP
    Im currently running 2 x 21" monitors on this and it works well so only really need the pc its self
    Last edited by mmocc4106ae8f1; 2014-06-29 at 10:53 PM.

Deleted
    Can you tell us the exact model of your psu and what kind of games do you play-plan to play? (shotter-mmo-all?)

Deleted
    all my PSu has on it is EZ Cool 800watt, oly bought it a year ago from a local pc shop cost me about £50.00. I only ever really play WoW.

Deleted
    A decent i5 setup, with the addition of a ssd later on should hold ok for the new few years (tried to keep it a cheap as possible - no o/s).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£152.99 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-HD3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£62.01 @ Ebuyer)
    Memory: Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£60.29 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.70 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card (£173.71 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case (£37.99 @ Aria PC)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£44.11 @ CCL Computers)
    Total: £569.80
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

You should note that for wow(most mmo's), preferably you would want an i5/Z97 mobo to be able to overclock that cpu for more fps, for raids mostly.

edit: I see you got 2 threads open ><
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2014-07-01 at 09:48 AM.

Deleted
    which is better Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor or Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

I think im go to do like i said on the other post, buy the mother board, CPU, CPU Cooler, Case and Hard Drive for the time being, ill reuse my GPU for the time.

The only thing is i have 4gb DDR2, will i notice a big difference using DDR3??