Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    more like 0.000000000003%.

On a more serious note the tooltip will probably be fixed to say 30% since I'm guessing that's what they meant.

Tbh I don't know what they're thinking with all the new set bonus' on pvp gear, some seems a bit over the top( talking about classes in general ).

Also, I believe the infernal abilities have been announced, seems interesting and I wanna try it out a bit and see how efficient it is to play with it, we lose spell lock for a tankier pet ( 20% passive DR ) and hopefully good dmg for a lvl 100 talent, gaining aoe stun ( 1 min cd ) , super slow ( 80% ) and defensive dispels.

I'm also interested in knowing what the DG abilities are : >

Might be viable to play around with given that choosing imp was too squishy of an option to even consider.
    I think those Versatility buffs after a big cooldown is OK but probably problematic in a coordinated grouped play. We'll see how it plans out. Spriests get 100 Versatility after Dispersion, that's huge in arenas but probably important in BG's.

Yeah they are over the top, but for me to be quite honest, I kinda laughed when I read about the Affliction bonus; because it is what it needs in PvP no matter how OP it sounds like, the spec still needs it. The spec looks like it needs a lot of help.

I still can't fathom how conservative they are with roots and snares and completely removed disarms yet they're adding more interrupts. Seriously, not saying I hate the Doomguard's Shadow Lock, but what this game needs is LESS of them.

Chaos bolt hits for 56k with cooldowns and trinket up.

Grimoire of Sacrifice DOES NOT affect chaos bolt. Unsure if that's intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Cataclysm hits for 20k and is a targeted AoE with a 3 sec cast time. It's awful beyond words.

Doomguard has some PvP-centric abilities;

Sacing a doomguard gives Shadow Lock.

- - - Updated - - -

Infernal has the following abilities;

- - - Updated - - -

Saccing infernal gave Meteor Strike.

- - - Updated - - -

GoSupremecy:

Doomguard:
    Turns Cripple into a 4 second root.

Infernal:
    Torch Magic becomes Blaze Magic. Triples the cooldown but now affects 3 targets at once.
    Meteor Strike has 40 sec cd (down from 1min) and 3 sec stun (up from 2 sec)
    Last edited by Tya; 2014-07-18 at 12:04 PM.

Well the servitude talent is shaping out well.
    All demons in one kinda.

I dunno. Infernals melee swing for about 150 damage, and the AoE pulse is about 550 per second. For comparison, a doomguard hits for 5.5k per doombolt.

The doomguard itself is basically a felhunter that has a 4 second root instead of an offensive dispel.

Excuse my language, but fighting melees is fucking horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    I dunno. Infernals melee swing for about 150 damage, and the AoE pulse is about 550 per second. For comparison, a doomguard hits for 5.5k per doombolt.

The doomguard itself is basically a felhunter that has a 4 second root instead of an offensive dispel.
    Beta
    Gotta tune numbers and stuff so i dont think we should be worried about the infernal being useless >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post

Well I have no experience with the WoD Beta but just from the looks of it for destro locks it seems like the improved pets are the best bet. Cataclysm is horrible to land, Charred Remains sucks for actually dealing damage and having the Felhunter with a damn 15 second CD on dispel is pathetic.
    Also, I wonder how useful is the Meteor Strike when taking into consideration that is has to be within range of opponents...

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why they just don't let DoT abilities kill totems. AoE should not, but I don't see why a spell like Corruption should not be able to kill a totem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Blood Horror?

Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    Blood Horror?
    CD has been doubled, plus it shares DR with Fear now.

I also meant just doing stuff on the move. Or rather, the lack of stuff to do on the move. I keep reaching for my fel flame bind before remembering I actually don't have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    On a more serious note the tooltip will probably be fixed to say 30% since I'm guessing that's what they meant.
    Hopefully this is true, but it's not just a tooltip error. The value is 3.

well values aside since they can be changed.

the 100 pets seem good , ability wise, the damage is probably going to get fixed soon to put it on par with other talents in it's row.

Sadly I do not believe it will ever be a choice for affliction, 15% more dot dmg buff is a super power for affliction when the entire goal is to create more pressure on the enemy team, I doubt some silly rock or overgrown batbull with wings is gonna be able to create output on that level, not to mention pets are sloppy and easily killed.

I was just getting back into my warlock, I love the class but I've been focusing on my monk for the last couple of months. As usual I was planning to take my warlock up first as my main but things look rough. I absolutely hate being immobile and coupled with the potent nature of melee classes something major will have to change. What's going on with affliction? Interrupts and silences look like they will be ever more a primary CC that's going to lead to some painfully hopeless situations. I think Blizzard is way to concerned about melee classes, mages are looking fairly awful now too. That's a first. My biggest concern is how the nerf to seduction/fear is going to pan out once players are geared up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Holinka seems to have acknowledged the imbalance with melee mobility and lockdown versus casters. Seriously, who doesn't see this coming with all the massive stuff they changed with casters yet melee remains untouched?

I honestly don't get what they've been doing for the past couple of months. I remember Holinka previously tweeting something like "It feels like such a different playstyle/game" prior to the release of Alpha. Well really? Is he going to say that he played this kind of skewed game with blatant flaws and did not notice anything?
    It feels as if they haven't done anything in terms of PvP development, and the changes to CC really is nothing. It looks half-assed and barely thought out. Just look at some spells: Seduction being a CHANNELED Fear effect on a 30 sec Cooldown, Dragon Breath sharing CD with Polymorph, etc... these effects are complete rubbish

Yeah I know, they are idiots. They just dr everything just for the sake of it.

The main thing I'm really pissed about is how melee seems to have the snares, the cc-breaks, etc. and they still have to remove the disarm mechanic. While they continuously add more interrupts and silences to the game. Seriously? You don't need feedback, FACT is in front of their eyes ffs.

And for a class like warlocks, our CC is also our main peelers, now that they DR with each other, we're pretty much sitting ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Holinka seems to have acknowledged the imbalance with melee mobility and lockdown versus casters. Seriously, who doesn't see this coming with all the massive stuff they changed with casters yet melee remains untouched?
    I played for about 20 minutes again last night in Ashran. Slows. Suck. Especially Chilblains and the monk slow made me frustrated as hell. Even if you manage to get a good teleport off the monk can just roll up to you again, and the DK can just Icy Touch you from a mile away.

- - - Updated - - -

I just noticed they've split up DR on horrors and fears again. It's a start.

That's just the same exact thing on live. Even my spriest with a powerful root and 80% speed boosts. melee doesn't have to put an effort to get back in range, especially warriors and monks, it's disgusting. I just can't believe how incredibly naive or "biased" they are. They said they'd adjust warriors in the new expansion, to tone them down, but they did the exact opposite.

I remembered how warriors ruled the representation, but they said "new expansion will fix it." If it were warlocks it would've been hotfixed in less than 24 hours.

But back on snares, melee doesn't need anything more than 30%-40% speed reduction, considering the fact they removed casting on the move. There's no reason why they need that much uptime when they have all the tools to lock down a caster and to get back on melee range even without them.

Deleted
    Any word on what glyph of demon training will do for the perma infernal/doomguard?

Nothing yet.

i havent played the beta but my biggest pvp concern is being a sitting duck for warr/rogue/monk. maybe they could buff shadowfury to compensate.