Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    How exactly do you change your beliefs for someone else? Do you believe your faith in whatever thing is changed by what is written on a piece of paper?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    There's plenty of other fish in the sea who don't adhere to ancient texts and immoral laws.

I always had reasoning behind why i loved someone. I have yet to love someone without reason and im already married now. If my own religion (lack of it in my case) is displeasing to a partner enough to push her away, we are both better off for it. Real relationship is about trust and being comfortable with someone, such a situation seems to only bring problems. Its not the same as dropping a job or moving to a new city to be with someone, we are talking about changing your own personal understanding of your own life, this is just not possible. It would just be a lie, a breach of trust. If the other partner is serious enough about the religion that they have to convert you to consider your love valid, im not sure what youd expect to not go wrong if they ever find out you really did it for that very reason.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2014-06-29 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have no problem dating a Muslim, but I wouldn't convert to Islam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that illegal? I wasn't sure, sorry to sound clueless.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

It seems odd to fall in love with a person who demands such a thing from you, no I wouldn't - regardless of their religious beliefs.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I'm more spiritual then religious
    Right...wrong...The universe doesn't care
    Driefal,Etrith(Retired)

I wouldn't convert to any religion if I don't believe in it.... truly and with a whole heart.
    If my partner (female in my case) or her family would require me to convert to their religion for me to be with her than they're not the kind of people I want to associate myself with... what matters is the person.
    Not to be racist or anything, you can find fundamentalists in any religion... but nowadays, at this point in history.... it seems to be Muslims who are more on the devout side... with religion playing a crucial role in their daily lives... I'd find it near impossible for me to fall in-love with a Muslim woman... not like that she'd take me anyway... as an Atheist of Jewish ancestry I'm probably as infidel as anyone can get.

Deleted
    No, the chance of me becoming a Muslim for a girlfriend is slim to none; I can date religious people certainly, but not those whom allow it to rule their life, or that they expect me to convert.

I'm a lapsed catholic anyhow, so i'm uncertain on how Islam would view that if even in the unlikely scenario i did attempt to convert.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Be it religion or political stance or anything else, you shouldn't change your beliefs or preferences because you have strong feelings for someone.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wipe my own ass so no.

Deleted
    No, I wouldn't change who I am just to be with them. If they loved me back, they wouldn't try to force me into it either.

Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart View Post
    Let's Say you fall Madly in love with a Muslim, Would you convert to Islam if it was the only way to be with and marry them?
    Share ur Thoughts
    No - nor would I expect them to convert to atheism. However the difference is - their religion might expect me to convert, and that is a problem.

No way. I wouldn't marry someone who cared that much about a religion anyway.

no i'd never change religions, or give up religion for anyone.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah no. No chance, I would never date a Muslim.

As a muslim myself, No do not convert to Islam, or any religion for that matter, just for the sake of being with that said person. It's really insulting towards them if you make them believe that you're a "muslim" but actually just converted to be with her and have no believe in the religion at all.

Either you actually study Islam and see what it is all about and why She believes in it and make a decision if you also believe in it or not. If not you should really just let it be..For her sake and her family.

Deleted
    Doubt it. If I changed my core beliefs I wouldn't be me any more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wouldnt date anyone committed to any faith.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.