Mouse (& Keyboard) "disconnecting" for a few seconds

Hey there smart guys and gals

I've run into a bit of a problem starting a few days ago. My mouse "disconnects" itself from my computer, I can hear the sound for USB plugging in when it comes back to life, so to speak.

So just thought the mouse was dying and ordered a new one, which I am currently waiting for to arrive, but arround half an hour ago, my keyboard suddenly "disconnected" itself. Now my keyboard didn't "plug" itself back in, so I manually unplugged & plugged it in again, and it's been working since.

Surely this can't be a coincidence, I'm thinking something might be wrong with my motherboard/usb-thingy? I'm not that smart when it comes to what's inside a computer, so I'm hoping some of fellas can help me out here, some of you might have heard about it before. I didn't quite find any recognizable threads/posts here on MMO-C or in google search.

What I have tried so far is reinstalling Logitech software to a newer version, that didn't help though.

I don't know what specs you need to know, so I'll just post some which seems needed;

Mouse: Logitech g400
    Keyboard: Logitech G710+
    Motherboard: Asus M4A77TD Pro

Thanks for reading/caring.

Nemes

Did you do anything before it started? Like install or update something? Does it do it if you're watching something and you're not even touching your mouse/keyboard at all?

Try and see if there's anything about it in your Event Viewer.

Unplug all USB devices, then plug one in(like your keyboard), and restart. I don't know what all you've got plugged in, but something could be interfering.

Go to your active power plan settings and turn off "USB Selective Suspend Setting" under "USB Settings".

Go to Device manager and find your mouse and keyboard, right click, select properties, make sure "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" isn't somehow checked.

If you don't need the Logitech Software for keybinds and stuff, uninstall it. Either way, uninstall it and see if the problem still occurs, if it does, you can keep it, if you need it.

Make sure the mouse, USB connector, and port are all clean.

Try another USB port, front or back.

Download https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner and scan to see if there are old/useless files, then do a registry scan to see if there are any useless/old entries, as they may be causing issues.

If none of the above do anything for you, you can move on to making sure everything(BIOS, Chipset Drivers, etc.) is all up to date.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2014-06-30 at 09:38 AM.

The problem occured out of the blue, had not installed anything lately nor fiddled with any settings. I have not noticed it happening while I am watching movies or otherwise AFK.

I only have mouse & keyboard as my USB devices.

"Go to your active power plan settings and turn off "USB Selective Suspend Setting" under "USB Settings"."

- I sought a little more after I made this post yesterday, and I tried this solution aswell. It felt like it helped slightly to reduce the times it disconnects, though it could just be my imagination. It's still set as "Disabled". I could not find my keyboard in the device manager, but my mouse did not have the box checked, unfortunately.

Yesterday when I uninstalled my logitech software it still caused problems.

I've tried my other ports in the back, it does the same thing. I also cleaned both ports and USB connectors.

Gonna run the ccleaner program now and see if that helps.

I updated all my outdated drivers a month or two ago, used a program which could identify which software I had, and what the newest update available was.

Thanks for the help.

To follow up on my own thread:

I bought a new mouse and thoroughly cleaned out my computer for dust and what not. Since then, I have not experienced an issue. Although in the same timeframe I plugged in my new mouse, though I doubt my old one had anything to do with it.