Wow a decade later for me. Addiction, time, and memory.wish i woulda played more wow

I know theres many different types of wow players out there; this ones for all the "addicts".

I first started playing wow when I was 13, next month i'll be 23. It was the first and only game i ever really played aside from a bit of Halo at the neighbors. I know its not addicting for everyone, some people play for 5 minutes before getting bored. But I was extremely hooked; playing 8 hours a day, hanging out on vurtne forums/WCM at school, and then playing 12-16 hours in the summer all the way until age 19. I eventually managed to slow down in 2011-2012, finding other hobbies and going to school.

Looking back is weird. When your still playing the game you remember it by patches, expansions, levels, or maybe that one epic moment you killed a multiboxer team in AV with your light of elune and M73 frag grenades. BUT once you get your head clear of it for a while all the memories consolidate and congeal into one solid block. I can remember my childhood, but my entire adolescence feels like it went by in the blink of an eye.

Lets be real. The last thing anyone is ever gonna say on their deathbed is "I wish i woulda played more wow."

People say it all the time, and its for a reason: We only get one life, all these old people around us had to come from somewhere. And if your not really a gamer, but your playing wow all the time, its gonna catch up to you. Albeit I know its almost impossible to quit, i tried many times but for reasons i don't understand i always came back. Now i've got a mangled back, my shoulder feels garroted, and ive got recurring nightmares about SL lock/resto druid. The only thing your grinding away at is your brain. Unless you count a huge vocabulary of adjectives that make normal people wonder how much wow you played as a kid.

Time really is the most precious resource any of us have. If you've got even 20 years on bill gates your infinitely richer than him in that moment. And once its gone its gone, you don't get to run back from the graveyard. Go learn skills, fuck lots of women, travel, maybe fall in love. Idk fuck it.

Deleted
    Or you could treat the game like a hobby rather than becoming crazy and obsessed, I started playing the first week the game launched yet managed to not go cray cray.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol i played both sl/sl lock and resto druid in bc. sorry for killing you all those times and giving you nightmares. I have been playing for almost 8 years. I have had a year off here and other brakes as well although I don't regret the time I spent on wow because I would have just spent it on another game or watching tv. I am getting close to 1 full gear game time played.

Good luck with fucking bitches.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, you're 22. Your life has barely started. You can still go learn skills, fuck lots of women, travel, maybe fall in love. You'd be shocked how much life you get to experience between now and 30 if you just go out and do it. And at 30 years old right now, I still feel like I've got a ton of crazy amazing stuff ahead of me. Hell, I'm going to Colombia on vacation in a couple months. If I'm very lucky, I may hit all 4 items on your list in one go.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a post more suited to a blog and this is the General Off-Topic forum to boot.