Thread: worst dream?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

worst dream?

what is the worst dream you've had?

To be probably completely cliche, that all my friends hated me. That's honestly the nightmare I hate the most.

When I was like 7 I dreamed that the back door to my house was open and a pidgeon flew in and pecked the flesh off of some of my skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a child: Anyone remember that Tellytubbies story time segment with the Lion and the Bear? So yeah. Picture the voice of the Lion, inside of a merry-go-round Lion-ride. So when I went to go ride it, it started yelling at me. Then for some reason I was in my house and I was walking toward my brothers room, when the same voice started screaming at me from behind his door.

Also random nightmares where something I couldn't see was rolling me back and forth like I was a pencil on a table. I couldn't move at all, it was terrifying.

Recently (young adult): I managed to implant a 'screamer' into a book in my dream. Everything was fine up until this point, nothing scary. I was sitting on my bed when I opened this book. I was flicking through the pages until a <insert cliche creepy possessed girl> face leaped out of the book and scared me awake. It actually woke me up like half an hour before my alarm was set to go off, so thanks <insert cliche creepy possessed girl>!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

The one where everything is going well and then I wake up.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    My worst dream is a reoccurring dream I witness devastation and death but I am somehow still alive while everyone I know are lost or dead and then I'm standing in the middle of some bone dry hell hole watching some pale horse charging full speed at me all the while leaving fiery death in its wake....I have this dream twice a year since I was 7yrs old.

When I was 5-6ish, I used to have a nightmare constantly of the monster from that episode of Rugrats called 'the babysitter'. I would dream of me getting up out of my bed, walking out into my hallway, and seeing the thing run right at me, and when it made contact I would wake up, every time. I also heard a really scary noise every time I saw him but I don't really remember what it sounded like.

That I visit my parents alone without my husband and when I'm about to return they lock me up / take away my documents / delay me until I'm late for train / plane etc. The details change, the gist of it is always the same. Even though in reality my parents are not against my marriage, I'm not sure where I got this nightmare from, but it returns to me frequently.

Also another one, where I'm forced to go back to school and endure being ridiculed, it usually ends with a flash of insight I have a master's degree and why I'm in some goddamn school and that moment I wake up.

Deleted
    Being paralyzed I guess.. havent had those dreams for years though. I had a dream about the Moon falling down once but it was really amazing.

dreamt about someone killing my daughter, woke up crying from that

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say it's the worst dream I've ever had but recently I had a sex dream about James May from Top Gear.

I have had numerous dreams where some bicho was crawling in my bed, and when I have them I wake up instantly and start looking for whatever it was and shake my bed sheets to get it out. Most of the time it's a spider, last night it was a snake or something.

It's really a tie between two.

It was well over a decade ago, I dreamt that my family and I were flowers in a garden, and that my mother was slowly wilting away. Morning dew acted as tears in the dream, and when I woke up my pillow was soaked from tears.

The other one was a bout of sleep paralysis at my ex's house. It involved zombies slowly making their way towards me on the bed.

Deleted
    I think the only dream where it sticks out to me was when i was much younger (Think 13/14) and had just found out about animal treatment on an industrial scale, those videos from China kept... "Entertaining" my dreams for a period until i just forgot about it.

Nowadays i don't dream, or if i do i don't remember them.

I have nightmares almost every night, but one in particular stands out from when I was about 7. My dog had recently died, and in the dream I was sitting in the kitchen when I heard the click-clack of dog nails on a hardwood floor, and I knew it was her ghost. I followed the sound into my room, where I saw her jump through the closed door leading to the attic. When I went over and reached for the door handle to follow her, a demonic voice screamed at me and pushed me back out of my room and slammed the door. I woke up yelling bloody murder from that one.

Getting eaten alive by sharks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly my worst dream, but I used to have dreams that my teeth were falling out.
    One time I had a dream that I was riding a roller coaster (used to be dreadfully afraid of them), and it was inching up an incline, then as it went over the hump, I fell out of the car, and right before I hit the ground I woke up, ran into the bathroom, and threw up o.0

Worst dream I can remember was having my head cut off in a guillotine and looking up from the basket.

Apparently - all the really bad dreams I don't remember.

I had a really vidid dream where this crazy old guy I worked with came into a store and shot me in the neck. I woke up because my neck actually hurt. It was weird.

Weirder still, the only question I had for myself when I woke up was "where did he get a gun?"
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-06-30 at 07:14 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Being alone in a completely dark place, bottom of which consisted of extremely hot metal plates, all inclined in different directions. The sweat or blood that appeared when touching one of the plates would made me slide onto a different plate (despite trying to hold on), and so on.
    The worst part is that I couldn't really wake up, was poisoned at that time.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)