Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I had my life threatened in a BG in vanilla because I was afk when we were losing.
    Not that I advocate someone making threats on your life, that's wrong, however just don't AFK, losing or not?

The Netherlands was 1-0 down against Mexico until the last 10mins of the game yesterday. Guess who's not through to the quarter finals?

It's never right to give up just because "you're losing".
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Not that I advocate someone making threats on your life, that's wrong, however just don't AFK, losing or not?

The Netherlands was 1-0 down against Mexico until the last 10mins of the game yesterday. Guess who's not through to the quarter finals?

It's never right to give up just because "you're losing".
    I'm not defending what I did at all, I'm just saying the people were just as bad then. This guy apparently died to stupid raid mechanics, that's still his fault. Just like me AFK'ing in a BG back then is something I shouldn't have done.

Reporting them for verbal abuse to Blizzard would do a lot more than posting a thread about it here.

Haha hilarious I must say, must be a 12 year old or something.
    Overall yeah I noticed the community gotten worse not only in games, in the whole world basically. New generations turn out to have an increasing number of rude people comparing to the declining amount of normal people.

Nothing to do but laugh at this though :P

Shitty people exist in almost every online game these days. I've said it before, but EQ1 had the best community. You couldn't do much without other people and you had to build a group on your server. No name changes. Reputation was a big deal and people were more likely to be helpful because of it.

Most games these days you hop into a queue, play 1 match/raid/etc with randoms and leave. People who would normally behave one way when their reputation was on the line no longer do so. Would every sacrifice the convenience of automatic group making and shorter queues from cross server to have a better community though? I personally would but I'm not sure that's true for everyone.

wow. the dude with the green profile pic and face needs to chill out.

Deleted
    Some people think being Adolf Hitler is being a good leader. Adolf Hitler was a horrible leader at a very lucky point in German history (and German begrudging of WWI).

Good leaders are not autocratic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Reporting them for verbal abuse to Blizzard would do a lot more than posting a thread about it here.
    It's outside of WoW. He's not 12, he's in his early thirties or something, don't quote me on that but he definitely isn't that young.

I was told this morning that he let loose on various other guildies with a similar attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Change the title of the thread, one person does not = the whole community.
    Unfortunately it is that one person who has the biggest impact.
    They define the community, as they are the most vocal and visible members of it often.
    This is why we can't judge the state of a game by the noise on forums, as those who want to complain will yell a lot louder than anyone who has something positive to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    Good leaders are not autocratic.
    Great leaders are autocratic with good advisors

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    Great leaders are autocratic with good advisors
    Still suboptimal. A good leader is not undemocratic. A good leader is someone you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a pretty broad brush you've got there, SatoriUK. The community you get is the community you choose to focus on

10+ Year Old Account
    He's the kind of toxic player I would have removed from a guild, and if he could not be removed leave the guild for. Nothing is worth putting up with such behaviour.

That said, he's just 1 guy, in 1 guild. He's not indicative of the general WoW population. Even if there's more of them in other guilds that would blow a gasket like this, there's still not going to be many that would go out of their way to make real life threats like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    A good leader is someone you want.
    not going to argue with that, but the total democratic disaster is that everybody have different opinion on something and achieving even the slightest majority takes long time. That makes democratic ruling in volatile world unresponsive and failing to deliver good results in anything.

Deleted
    During Vainilla a guild was celebrating an event for a member who died (in real life) They posted the event to public forums so players who knew that person could assist. But it was in a PvP servers and a group of the oposite faction went there and killed everyone during the event. They knew it was for a person who died in real life, and they recorded it and put it in youtube.

The comunuty in WoW has always had assholes. Even in the all magnificent Vainilla when the game was so better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    During Vainilla a guild was celebrating an event for a member who died (in real life) They posted the event to public forums so players who knew that person could assist. But it was in a PvP servers and a group of the oposite faction went there and killed everyone during the event. They knew it was for a person who died in real life, and they recorded it and put it in youtube.

The comunuty in WoW has always had assholes. Even in the all magnificent Vainilla when the game was so better.
    Ethics and morality are (most of the time) neglected online.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post

Remember seeing that and laughing real hard. Im a bad person. I am however more surprised that op managed to get shot off multiple times than I am about the guy raging about what could very well be his 2000nd wipe because of noobs that can't even walk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't understand what point will be served by continuing the thread. One person's actions do not represent an entire community.

Closing this for that reason.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."