Garrosh heroic second intermission healing clarification

Long time lurker, first time posting.

I've been searching for an answer for this but can't find it.

My guild is currently working on Garrosh 25m HC. We are trying the "skip the second intermission" thing and just /dance in a corner.

By the time we'r entering the second intermission we'r usually at the 27-30% mark on health. This is healed to around 49% by the time he leaves intermission.

I am however looking at videos where they push Garrosh to below 25% and he's still at 49% when he leaves intermission.

Is it a 20% heal like my guild though, or a flat heal to 49%?

Here's the heal on 25m HC

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...74&end=1165575

He heals for 351,526,400 Hit points or 20,07599% of his max health in phase 2 in 25 man heroic

Like the others said its a 20% flat heal. People say less than 25% is a good benchmark for finishing p2 but in reality you really want to be at 17 or lower. It's just a case of optimising dps (stacking for whirls / baiting desecrate optimally) and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjornbar View Post
    Long time lurker, first time posting.

I've been searching for an answer for this but can't find it.

My guild is currently working on Garrosh 25m HC. We are trying the "skip the second intermission" thing and just /dance in a corner.

By the time we'r entering the second intermission we'r usually at the 27-30% mark on health. This is healed to around 49% by the time he leaves intermission.

I am however looking at videos where they push Garrosh to below 25% and he's still at 49% when he leaves intermission.

Is it a 20% heal like my guild though, or a flat heal to 49%?
    is it not possible to completly skip 2nd intermission in 25hc? We do it in 10 man without lust so I figure 25man with more warriors, shamans (i.e raid dps buffs) etc would find it easier no?

proper dps Cd management can make a huge difference going into that phase (making sure people pop their shit AFTER an MC etc).

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    is it not possible to completly skip 2nd intermission in 25hc? We do it in 10 man without lust so I figure 25man with more warriors, shamans (i.e raid dps buffs) etc would find it easier no?

proper dps Cd management can make a huge difference going into that phase (making sure people pop their shit AFTER an MC etc).
    I imagine it would be possible, especially with the additional upgrades now. We tend to push him to around 15-20% at the moment IIRC.

However an issue I see is that cooldowns wouldn't line up with bloodlust again which might lead to problems in P3 depending on how many cooldowns you have to deal with empowered whirling.
    We even have a short damage stop at ~18% after second intermission to have 3min CDs up for BL.
    "A raid is when a bunch of people who play the game too much get together to play the game some more"

You ideally want Garrosh below 15% when the second transition begins to be sure of pushing P3 with only one EWC in P2.

We started skipping second intermission in our 25 man this week but the dps requirement is waay higher than 10 man. Just look at top speed kill
    Top 25 man 8m 9s top 10 man 7m 22s
    10 man is tuned lower because you might be missing a buff or not have any skull banners so if you do have them pushing becomes way easier. Too OP if you want something to reference we did 9.15 million raid dps when we pushed it this week so if you can do that with BL in P2 I would go for it because the fight does become way easier. 584.65 was our average ilvl

We hold DPS at 11-12% before the intermission, he comes out exactly 20% higher, then we do one empowered whirling and push p3.

Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    We hold DPS at 11-12% before the intermission, he comes out exactly 20% higher, then we do one empowered whirling and push p3.
    If you can push it a couple of seconds earlier, then you can get him to cast the third non-empowered whirl at ~11%, and push him to about 6% before he runs to the middle of the room to start his P3 talking bit. This means his P3 timers start when he is under 30%, possibly even close to 25% which makes pushing him to P4 with only one EWC really easy.

It's not easier on 25 to push regardless of your strategy in 10 man (2 tank 2 heal, 2 tank 1 heal, 1 tank 2 heal, 1 tank 1 heal). And it has almost nothing to do with the fact he has ~2.9x the health (almost every 25 man boss (with the outlier being siegecrafter for other reasons) is tuned in that range and it makes sense because of the extra banners / lashes like you said etc).

Rather its that in 10 you can 7 or 8 dps (whether you 2 or 1 tank it). We 8 dps for instance. This is the equivalent of having 24 dps on 25 man (so in a standard raid of 2 tanks 2 heals 6 dps versus 18 dps 5 healers 2 tanks, the ~2.9x tuning makes sense because while 2 25m tanks won't be doing 3x the damage of 2 10m tanks, the extra raid cds can partially cover the missed damage of the tank damage) which is impossible to do.

Heck, even try taking 7 dps 2 tank 1 healing 10 man. This would be the equivalent of having 21 dps (which almost no 25 man will do for garrosh due to carries + 3 heals + a monk tank for kiting + main tank) which again you cannot do. If you had a 10 man 2 tank 2 healing strategy, that is a bit more fair, but the non-padding tank damage ON garrosh does not drastically go up 3x in 25 man so it still is not balanced in that regard. However, the extra banners / stormlashes can make up a bit of that difference on the tank damage (and also the fact that he doesn't have 3x the health but closer to ~2.9x).

Basically in a standard 25m guild working on this fight, it is only proper to compare time kills to 10m guilds that are 2 tank 2 healing it. Even then, as pointed above, tank damage won't exactly scale up but the extra cooldowns (and the fact that he doesn't have 3x the health but rather ~2.9x or so) that are present in 25m will come a bit closer to making up that difference. The whole 1 heal / 1 tank strat on other fights is also the reason why 10m can finish pretty much every fight this tier way faster than a 25 man even if people are not playing better.

All of that being said, yes the gear upgrades basically make pushing the boss a ton easier for 25 mans too at this point.

We push P3 without T2 with 2 tanks (paladin + warrior), 2 healers (disc priest + MW monk or resto druid) and 6 dps.