Deleted

Red face Couple of Cool WW Monk changes on beta

Not sure if any of this has been posted yet (it probably has :S), but Im on beta and I noticed a couple of really nice changes:

- roll & flying serpent kick can now be aimed whilst you are using them - this is incredibly awesome and fun whilst also solving of "deadzone" gap closer issues for monks

- fist weapons are now showing in combat (mostly). Autoattacks, jab, blackout kick & rising sun kick all use the attack animation with fist weapons equipped - the only exception is tiger palm which for some reason hides the weapons which then get brought back out again for any other combat animation

If anyone has any other beta questions let me know! (Beta is incredibly buggy atm - alot of glyphs/wod perks are not working and theres bugs like druids being able to use flight form during combat & unlimited energy for ferals during clearcasting :S)
    Last edited by mmoc5d3fe0f7a2; 2014-06-30 at 11:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you say Roll can be aimed while you're using it... Do you mean you can change direction mid roll? If so that's fucking BOSS.

And epic change about the fist weapon, glad I made a point of finding a sexy look fist mog. Also I'm guessing Tiger Palm doesn't show weapons because it's kinda hard to hit someone with your palm when you're holding something
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    When you say Roll can be aimed while you're using it... Do you mean you can change direction mid roll? If so that's fucking BOSS.
    YES, thats exactly what I mean - its just like using tigers lust except you cant stop moving (if youre rolling, obviously you can stop if youre using fsk). Basically you can turn your character whilst rolling or fsking. Roll around boxes all day!

Im also glad I didnt delete any of my fist weapons - not sure about why tiger palm is the only attack that doesnt show the fist weapon, i think it must be an animation limitation. Doesnt really make sense from a logic/lore perspective - i.e. iff you had spikes etc. on your hands and you were in combat, why would you take them off, attack someone then put them on again :S (unless you were just being nice).

Im just itching for the lvl 100 pvp server to come up so I can try the new roll/fsk mechanic in pvp.

Also, as a side note, the new questing is really fun and engaging - involves you with the story quite nicely,.
    Last edited by mmoc5d3fe0f7a2; 2014-06-30 at 12:09 PM.

That sounds really good! Do you happen to know if it also works with Chi Torpedo (I really hope so!)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    That sounds really good! Do you happen to know if it also works with Chi Torpedo (I really hope so!)?
    Just tested it - yes it does work with chi torpedo.

Theres also a major glyph - Glyph of the Flying Serpent - which is meant to slow any enemies you pass over whilst using flying serpent kick by 70% for 4 secs, but its not working yet.

The pvp 2 piece set bonus which lets roll/fsk etc. remove snares when you use them is now a glyph called Glyph of Freedom Roll. However, they now have an "exclusive glyph" system in place which means when you use certain glyphs you cant use others. Theres 3 roll glyphs that are exclusive to each other:

Glyph of Freedom Roll - removes snares on rolling, chi torpedoing, fsking
    Glyph of Rapid Rolling - 5 sec after roll/chi torpedo, the next one goes 30% further
    Glyph of Victory Rolling - you gain a charge of roll/chi torpedo every time you kill an enemy granting xp/honor

When I get to lvl 91 Ill try the Enhanced Roll perk (you complete a roll 25% faster) and see how much of a difference it makes and post back.
    Last edited by mmoc5d3fe0f7a2; 2014-06-30 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    There will be no direction change while u re on mid roll/FSK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post

Celestalon confirmed it is a bug

and has no plans on making a variation of the "bug" as a glyph
    It was oryginally posted in 6.0 Windwalker Discussion thread on page 23

Sorry to burst some bubbles, but the aiming of Serpent kick and Roll is a bug that will be fixed. This is confirmed by Celestalon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Sorry to burst some bubbles, but the aiming of Serpent kick and Roll is a bug that will be fixed. This is confirmed by Celestalon.
    Noooooooooooooooooo.......

In that case monks will find it very hard to stick on target - apart from locking the target down with paralysis, the enemy can easily move by the time fsk/roll finishes and we have no ranged snares or roots either - i thought turning while rolling/fsk was a great solution .

I dont think the fist weapons showing up in combat is a bug though?

Here is a question I am very interested in.

Can you use Storm Earth and Fire
    While using Rushing Jade Wind
    While using Hurricane Strike

And does the Hurricane Strike apply to Storm Earth and Fire?

Deleted
    Cant comment on anything to do with hurricane strike yet since you cant get to lvl 100 and the premade lvl 100 server isnt up yet.

If you are casting rushing jade wind you cant create a storm, earth fire copy. However, if you already have a storm, earth fire copy out then yes you can use rushing jade wind and the clone will copy your rushing jade wind so both of you are doing it.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Storm Earth and Fire clones don't copy Hurricane Strike. I just tried it out.
    I don't think they copy Chi Explosion either. They did however copy all of the blackout kicks I spammed while Serenity was up.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenway View Post
    Storm Earth and Fire clones don't copy Hurricane Strike. I just tried it out.
    I don't think they copy Chi Explosion either. They did however copy all of the blackout kicks I spammed while Serenity was up.
    That sounds like it's probably a bug.

That said, I'm split on having the fists show/not show. It makes sense for them to not show on Tiger Palm (considering you are supposed to be... palming... something, not fisting it). But perhaps the current glyph will translate to weaponless.