Poll: What do you think? Gain or loss?

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Looks broken to me.
    Are you sure? It works perfectly fine to me.. Maybe you need to be a subscriber..

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Are you sure? It works perfectly fine to me.. Maybe you need to be a subscriber..
    Clear your browser cache and see if you can still see it. If not, maybe they put it up by accident and then took it down.

Or maybe you were BSing us. We'll see next week!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I don't think this forum supports links from the future.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I don't think this forum supports links from the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Clear your browser cache and see if you can still see it. If not, maybe they put it up by accident and then took it down.

Or maybe you were BSing us. We'll see next week!
    Hmm, we will see. Maybe you need to use internet explorer? Works for me..

No, it's not an html problem. The URL is bad, giving a server-side error page.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again, maybe you need to be a subscriber?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm joining the whiners. I'm going to predict doom and gloom with a side of fries. Blizzard just makes mistakes left and right, and they don't seem to care about the players anymore, so I'm going to predict a loss of 6.5 million subs. Hopefully we can get this stupid mini-game finished and move on with TITAN for god sakes its been 10 years already and I'm sick and tired of them cash cowing this no content game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I don't think blizz deserves it in the slightest I think it's around the same as last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such active subscriber link. Tried parting it up, writing it as others, nothing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Unlikely. That counts as "material information", and has to be made publicly available (US SEC Regulation FD). It would make no sense to keep the page viewable only by subscribers.

Again: clear your browser cache then try to look at the link. Did you do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlikely. That counts as "material information", and has to be made publicly available (US SEC Regulation FD). It would make no sense to keep the page viewable only by subscribers.

Again: clear your browser cache then try to look at the link. Did you do that?
    Well, it wouldn't contain any information anyways. It hasn't been set to note yet. And indeed, public information should be revealed to all. The investor's subscription is a different thing. Various tools and functions but in the end, same information.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, it wouldn't contain any information anyways. It hasn't been set to note yet. And indeed, public information should be revealed to all. The investor's subscription is a different thing. Various tools and functions but in the end, same information.
    Did you clear your browser cache and reload? Yes or no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you clear your browser cache and reload? Yes or no?
    Think you are asking the wrong person. That link has never been holding any active information towards of subscriber numbers for this quarter, no matter in what way it is re-written or searched.

- - - Updated - - -

Activision Blizzard Releases Second Quarter 2014 Financial Results (5th August, 2014)
    1:30 p.m. Pacific Time (4:30 p.m. Eastern Time)

Subscriber-graph link
    Activision-Blizzard Quarterly results
    1st Quarter of 2014 results

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's summer, end of X pack and a long time has passed since SoO came out.

So it's quite natural to see a huge lose of subs, yet, it might not be as big since Beta stuff kinda makes people feel the need of logging in.

I don't care, but I'll go with around 300k less players. Probably less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I have no idea how people can still play WoW without new content for such a long time.
    For me it get's really boring after about 2 months of doing same thing over and over.

Me either. Especially when you have to pay for it monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Think you are asking the wrong person.
    Oops! Never mind.

Deleted
    Post a screenshot if you really can see something. With all and everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Something your beloved GW2 doesn't even have: a basic mount. It is really funny talking about content in a so called MMO which has no other transportation in closed zones surrounded by invisible walls ... than a loading screen...
    GW2 stated clearly before the game was even released that they would never include mounts. It was a design decision.

As always Benbos fukks up and demonstrates that he knows fukk all about MMOs.

I guess u havent read the thousands of threads discussing how flying mounts ruined Wows open world... oh i forgot Benobos doesnt read what other people write, he just creates bullshit and presents it as fact.

Deleted
    5th of august is when I get my exam results >.<

On topic, since it has mostly been in decline for a while and the fact that it's near the end of an expansion I am going to say it has lost at least around 200-400k subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    2.5 mil sub loss. Having 4 versions of the same raid, and having no new content will hit them hard.
    Bet taken: you pay me the difference in cash.

Curiously enough nobody even considers the influence of Hearthstone. Could there be an influence ? Sure in $$$ earned, but in returning to play WOW ?

I guess it could. A pity 2 MMO's launched in the quarter, so we won't see HS's direct impact on subs immediately. Btw Hearthstone is now in position 3 in grossings in my country on the iPad. It beats 2 out of 3 games from Supercell. You know the games that made 900 million dollars in 2013 alone. And Supercell doesn't even publish on the PC market ...

If losses are moderate, I suspect HS has a positive impact on WOW recruiting. Blizzard will publish more of these WOW franchises, I am sure.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-07-31 at 12:02 PM.