Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I was basing everything i'd said on UK law, like manakin said you need quite a reasonable amount over here to see them go for a prosecution, i'm not sure on the actual amount but something like 3-5grams would probably see you get a fine if its not your first offence and whether or not its in separate wraps determines whether or not they'll press a supply charge.

secondly where your friend keeps accusing you and you accusing him, over here it would just end there, there is no point in taking it any further because it'll never get settled, you can't find a guilty party if both parties blame the other side in this particular case, the police themselves witnessed your friend throw the joint so, he would automatically be the guilty party doesn't matter if he had 50 friends backing him up, doesn't erase the fact that he was caught with it and not you.

Its hard to say for sure what will happen because I and probably most ppl don't know your laws or how good/lenient your justice system is. again talk to your dad, if he really is a lawyer you won't get a better defence, the free one they provide you, won't be as good as your old man.

Deleted
    Stick to your story. You didnt do anything wrong and as long as you say that to the police nothing bad will happend. If this goes any further than you both getting fined/getting off with a warning tell them to do a lie detector test and tell the story how it happend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    If there for some reason would only be one cop present then his word doesnt carry anymore weight than the civilians, that's why you need two cops for something as easy as writing tickets etc.
    In Finland, the word of a police officer is always taken as truth, whereas there's no guarantee the other person isn't lying. I'm sure if you're Finnish, you can easily find a few examples of where the word of a police officer has had more weight than the word of a civilian in a court. Here's one news article a quick Google search found: link (yle.fi)

If two police were required for tickets, then motorcycle cops would have a hard time doing their job, as they go pretty much everywhere solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Well, it's not my fault if someone with weed decides to be around me. What am I supposed to do, leave the place?
    Yup, Me and a buddy were going to school for policing and we were serious about it. Anytime drugs were pulled out at a house party we would leave. If our other friends didn't want to then we would tell them we'd see them tomorrow or whatever. One night of fun isn't worth that crap staining my record

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lawyer up. Stop asking for legal advice on a video gaming forum. Ask for legal advice from a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinath View Post
    Stick to your story. You didnt do anything wrong and as long as you say that to the police nothing bad will happend. If this goes any further than you both getting fined/getting off with a warning tell them to do a lie detector test and tell the story how it happend.
    No, stick to no story. You don't have to talk to them for any reason until subpoenaed. Keep your mouth closed.