Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    Is anyone else having a really hard time healing? To be fair the only dungeon I've healed so far is Burial Grounds but sweet Jesus it is so difficult to heal. It's not that the damage output is overwhelming, it's just my spells are just so weak I'm proving to be pitiful.
    I had a much harder time healing on my shaman than I had with my druid.
    I think it is a tuning issue, but still, I managed to heal Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, so maybe you need to change something about your healing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Looking at the newest UE tooltip for WoD on wow-head, it had the "or until 12 sec have elapsed" part removed from UE:WF speed increase. Does this mean that it lasts forever now, provided we do not attack?

Unleash Flame has a 20 sec duration, Unleash Wind has 30 sec, and Unleashed Fury has 8 sec. I hope that answers your question, because I'm not sure which 12 secs you are talking about :/

- - - Updated - - -

And for the Elementals out there: Do you remember the Spell effect form our old lightning/magma mastery? The Lightning effect was added to Fulmination!
    Last edited by mmoc9b40fcaf0c; 2014-07-19 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzi View Post
    And for the Elementals out there: Do you remember the Spell effect form our old lightning/magma mastery? The Lightning effect was added to Fulmination!
    atleast fulimination has some animation now

Quote Originally Posted by Katzi View Post
    Unleash Flame has a 20 sec duration, Unleash Wind has 30 sec, and Unleashed Fury has 8 sec. I hope that answers your question, because I'm not sure which 12 secs you are talking about :/
    UE:WF, as in Unleash Wind, the speed increase. So apparently it went up from 12s to 30s duration, interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did some raid testing for Resto. Also cleared on Beta:
    Heroic Slagmines
    Heroic UBRS
    Heroic Shadowmoon Burial Grounds.

I didn't notice this thread, but some slight discussion/questions were done over at this thread, starting with this post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post28365094

If there are any other questions, I am around to answer them as well.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2014-07-22 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    atleast fulimination has some animation now
    Speaking of animations... I was looking through old fraps videos of my enhance in Cata, and stormstrike animation not only had the little lightning picture it does now but it had some badass lightning trailing your weapons as well that it doesnt have anymore =(. Wish they would not have taken that out!
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't see a dedicated WoD Beta PvP thread so I figured I'd ask here. How are other people faring? I spend an entire evening and night doing 2v2 skirmishes. I know 2v2 is weird and number tuning still needs to happen. But I certainly didn't enjoy any of it. Not as Ele not as Enh. Are other people having a better time?

Ele will take some getting used to with the changes, I realize that. And of course melee is too strong now. But as Ele I just get trashed. Even when I get to do some blasting nothing feel really powerful. Enh handles easier of course being melee, but I don't feel like I bring enough pressure.

It's mainly the known culprits that bosh me every time, and when I have one of those classes on my team I get a win off every now and then. But neither specs feels like it packs a punch at any point, which makes playing them rather dull. Am I alone in this?

When it comes to ranged I've encountered some mages that just blew shit up. Insanely fast. Hunters less but they seem quite strong too. And of course melee, warriors (Mainly due to Execute, I play one myself and when that gets tuned they will be fine), DK's are very strong, Rogues too, and Feral. Everything else seems to do comparable damage at the end of a match as me.

For PvE I will probably still gladly main my Shaman, just as I did in MoP. But if the overal feeling of PvP stays like it is now in the Beta, I won't do much on my Shaman besides random BG's and use one of my other characters for most of my PvP playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by CID-77 View Post
    I didn't see a dedicated WoD Beta PvP thread
    Page 1: Enhancement Shaman PvP [Wod]
    And you're not alone, apparently
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah cheers, I did see that one (and even replied) but was misled due to the title only mentioning Enh not Ele. I'll keep an eye on that thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato88 View Post
    Yes please, I'd love to see female Draenei as I play one

Looks like there's only 2 faces in-game right now though.
    Female Draenei have Animations now, will a random Draenei do, or do you want me to build a character?

I have a favor to ask for: Could you try to amass as many haste through procs as possible, and make a screenshot/video of that? Right atop of my head, I can think of:
    1) Elemental Blast: 534 haste buff (low duration (8s))
    2) Unleash Elements: Windfury: 60% (Attack speed, does this count?, (long duration))
    3) Elemental Mastery: 30% (mid duration)
    4) Bloodlust: 30% (long duration)
    5) Grace of Air: 5% (always active)
    6) Haste trinket: nvm, found none on beta-wowhead, guess there are none to test with.

If you just casted EB till haste proc, and then quickly popped UE/BL/EM, hovered over flurry and made a screeny, that'd be awesome! I'm curious as to how much room there is for flurry's new effect, and collecting haste on gear, also icd-wise (that you wont be able to screen, I believe?).

Deleted
    I have a favor to ask for: Could you try to amass as many haste through procs as possible, and make a screenshot/video of that? Right atop of my head, I can think of:
    1) Elemental Blast: 534 haste buff (low duration (8s))
    2) Unleash Elements: Windfury: 60% (Attack speed, does this count?, (long duration))
    3) Elemental Mastery: 30% (mid duration)
    4) Bloodlust: 30% (long duration)
    5) Grace of Air: 5% (always active)
    6) Haste trinket: nvm, found none on beta-wowhead, guess there are none to test with.

If you just casted EB till haste proc, and then quickly popped UE/BL/EM, hovered over flurry and made a screeny, that'd be awesome! I'm curious as to how much room there is for flurry's new effect, and collecting haste on gear, also icd-wise (that you wont be able to screen, I believe?).
    There does exist a haste proc in Beta, that is the one from the Weapon Enchant Mark of Warsong (http://wod.wowhead.com/item=112164).

The 10 sec duration and a 2 sec window before the proc is reduced to 800 haste make this a little bit more difficult, because I will have to cast an EB in that time (with haste proc) and all that while Heroism and EM are running, which will probably need a lot of time until I get it right (and with haste proc from EB).

Also Flurry has no tooltip, so I'd have to do that for every Ability.

Instead I just went to the Dummy and had most of it proc (I got to around 339% haste) and Fire Nova, which has the shortest cd was around 1.07 sec cd, and in another try i had Lava Lash down to 1.6 sec cd, so I don't think it is capped beside the gcd.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing, as I do not know if it was mentioned before: they changed the Maelstrom Weapon Aura display for Enhancement to show the amount of stacks!

Holy shit, 1.6s LL cd... oO but if that is reachable already in beta, what would it be like with all-mastery gear endgame :X
    The gcd, I wonder if it can go below 1s. If not, 289/339 of that haste would be wasted in that regard.
    I guess flurry hardcaps as soon as LL approaches the 0.999, as you basically spam LL at that point. That said, these extreme windows will be rare, I guess.

Still a funny thought though, being gcd locked at 1s gcd just by spamming our highest cd dmg ability, LL.

And I think I saw that new msw visual in another thread, definately a nice extra.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2014-07-29 at 05:56 AM.

Holy shit, 1.6s LL cd... oO but if that is reachable already in beta, what would it be like with all-mastery gear endgame :X
    The gcd, I wonder if it can go below 1s. If not, 289/339 of that haste would be wasted in that regard.
    I guess flurry hardcaps as soon as LL approaches the 0.999, as you basically spam LL at that point. That said, these extreme windows will be rare, I guess.

Still a funny thought though, being gcd locked at gcd just by spamming our highest cd dmg ability, LL.

And I think I saw that new msw visual in another thread, definately a nice extra.
    At least Bloodlust will change our gameplay now
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Deleted
    I don't think that is reachable, I was using a lvl 90 with the haste enchants and buffs that you can buy (no level requirements), those have a lot more weight if you are level 90, than they have when you are 100. (I was around 60% haste without procs)

Can someone do the following tests:

Cast a Flame Shock buffed by Unleash
    Cast another Flame Shock, this time unbuffed with the previous one above 30% duration

Does the new Flame Shock loses it's increased damage of the Unleash buff?

repeat the test, now, recasting now at below 30% duration. Is the behavior the same?

I think it could be tested with Elemental Fusion too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post

Cast another Flame Shock, this time unbuffed with the previous one above 30% duration

repeat the test, now, recasting now at below 30% duration. Is the behavior the same?

You deserve applause for this, I didn't even think about the damage being lost upon the duration being increased if your refresh FS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    You deserve applause for this, I didn't even think about the damage being lost upon the duration being increased if your refresh FS.
    This just ocurred to me when reading Kyarai's post here and on TotemSpot about Frost Shock being weaker than Flame Shock initial damage, if it stays like this, and we lose the buffed part of the DoT, we will likely spend a lot of time without casting any shocks.

Kyarai posts:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post28556484
    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthre...ll=1#post87905

Hi just tested this with Unleash and Fusion and in all 4 cases the dot loses the bonus damage.

Quote Originally Posted by mccord View Post
    Hi just tested this with Unleash and Fusion and in all 4 cases the dot loses the bonus damage.
    OK, thanks. With this I strongly believe that they will buff Frost Shock to be higher damage than the initial damage of Flame Shock, if not they I can see we using Frost Shock only for utility.

Deleted
    OK, thanks. With this I strongly believe that they will buff Frost Shock to be higher damage than the initial damage of Flame Shock, if not they I can see we using Frost Shock only for utility.
    It's best for Enhancement if Flame Shock does more dmg if you choose to play with EotE.

Frost Shock has no place in the Talent in my opinion, if you end up using it for utility it's near useless in EotE and if you use it for your rotation you'll sitting on the cd because you don't want to waste the proc you just got, right now it's the same as the old Lock and Load for Hunters: you feel punished if you accidently "waste" it on Frost Shock, like hunters did with Arcane Shot.