Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Event Horizon...

Bridge recordings...

I genuinely felt awful the first time and I still have issues with that scene despite having watched it at least a dozen times. I wouldn't say it was "introspective" but it certainly makes my head wrack itself for a while.

"Her" was definitely unsettling though. It was strange in how Samantha was cultivating literally hundreds of similar relationships simultaneously and Theo just couldn't fathom it. You wanted to hate her because it seemed so, cold, if it was a real woman or your own gf and she said "oh I have this same thing going with like 500 other dudes," you'd be right pissed. But she's an AI...how do you even compare that.
    You pretty much nailed my feelings right on the head. Also the dubious nature of ANY other OS in existence. We never meet or talk to any others but Samantha. Are they all one basic OS with differing personalities based on the user? Or is it JUST Samantha? When Amy Adam's character tells Theo the story about the dude hitting on his OS and getting rejected, I instantly imagined Samantha as the OS in that situation, well before the reveal. Was Samantha Amy Adam's friend the whole time, and Theo just never bothered to MEET Amy's friend-OS? The only person we ever SEE Samantha interact with other than Theo is the double date couple from the office. (and the surrogate, which MAY have been the catalyst. Do you remember that scene? She returns the small, mole camera. She doesn't seem to return the earpiece. Is Samantha still in her ear as she drives off in the taxi? Could the surrogate have been the first person she connected with other than Theo?

Also your sig is from Idiocracy which is one of my favorites too. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

Martyrs...

Irreversible...

A Serbian Film...

Dancer In The Dark...

After these movies, i felt sick and depressed for 2-4 weeks most of the time... they are good in some way but so sad or fucked up... i do not recommend them for anyone with a sensitive or delicate mindset...

Wild Wild West, Will smiths performance made me cry for days

Lady in the water, cause it was so fucking bad.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Closer. That film was so many levels of depressing and poor humanity I just felt dirty and like I would be alone forever rather than go through that stuff. I will never, ever watch that movie again. Ending with the Damien Rice song too...uggh. It's like getting hit in the feels by a slimy fish.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Closer. That film was so many levels of depressing and poor humanity I just felt dirty and like I would be alone forever rather than go through that stuff. I will never, ever watch that movie again. Ending with the Damien Rice song too...uggh. It's like getting hit in the feels by a slimy fish.
    Natalie Portman was very fapworthy in that flick. Good movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Requiem for a Dream, Kids, Event Horizon.

I am always a sucker for scenes of loyalty and self-sacrifice and humility.

At the end of Excalibur in the final fight with King Arthur against the armies of Mordred, Launcelot comes wreaking havoc and his presence re-invigorates Arthur and his knights to eventually overcome overwhelming odds. Just thinking about it gets me a little misty.

Another scene was in Ip Man where Ip Man, now a fugitive, is being harbored by a person whom he once called a traitor. The 'traitor' now is being interrogated by the Japanese on his whereabouts. Although being physically beaten he would not give Ip Man up. When he finally returns home and Ip Man clearly sees that he has been beaten, Ip Man tells him, "I don't have the words. Thank you." This scene hits it two fold for me. One Ip Man is impressed at his loyalty towards him and two his embarrassment at ever calling him a traitor and the humility to acknowledge how wrong he was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    Requiem for a Dream, Kids, Event Horizon.
    Almost never happens, but that film really left a mark.

The game "Dear Esther" messed with me, badly. And I didn't even play it myself, just watched a playthrough. I felt a weird kind of existential emptiness for a few days afterwards.

Back in the day, "Myst" creeped me out as well.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    American Me

Fucked up my whole weekend.
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    Mirrors. Sometimes when shaving I remember that movie and I don't dare look away from the mirror. That movie mindfucked me beyond repair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a vet, almost any military movie/documentary. I actually have to limit myself on those movies to keep from falling into deep depression.

the fountain, and vanilla sky both gave me some serious emotional overload.